Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. 16:17 - Mar 29 with 5076 viewsLord_Lucan

Apologies if it's been done to death but I haven't looked and I've started now so I'll do a Magnus Magnuson (sp)

I thin k it is nailed on that Mick Mack is a genuinely nice guy, has a bit of a brain, is polite and fiercely protective of his staff from tea lady to players.

Have to say though I think he comes across when interviewed as just a slight bit of a dick and a man that can't accept that he may have made an error or two along the way. I also accept that the players probably like him but I know that some of them feel very frustrated with his directives.

If Viz ever wanted a Yorkshire man as a character they need to look no further than Mick McCarthy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:19 - Mar 29 with 4029 viewsBackToRussia

"Can't help himself" comes to mind.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:21 - Mar 29 with 4009 viewsFinidiCentenary

I don't think there is any doubt that Mick is a decent guy but he is too defensive and too eager to present himself as impenetrable.

He makes out like nothing we say gets to him, then lashes out.

He says if the fans want to say something say it to my face, then walks to the middle of the pitch after a defeat and walks off as far away from the stands as possible after as many people have gone as possible.

He doesn't like to accept criticism or accept he is wrong.

But perhaps some of these traits are why he's been a decent manager. Who knows.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:26]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:24 - Mar 29 with 3959 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:21 - Mar 29 by FinidiCentenary

I don't think there is any doubt that Mick is a decent guy but he is too defensive and too eager to present himself as impenetrable.

He makes out like nothing we say gets to him, then lashes out.

He says if the fans want to say something say it to my face, then walks to the middle of the pitch after a defeat and walks off as far away from the stands as possible after as many people have gone as possible.

He doesn't like to accept criticism or accept he is wrong.

But perhaps some of these traits are why he's been a decent manager. Who knows.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:26]

There is a case that he has used players to form an us and them situation whereas it has never been about the players.

That has rankled me a bit.

And then to also say that he thought the Super Mick chants were stupid. (can't remember his actual term)
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:25]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:31 - Mar 29 with 3855 viewsartsbossbeard

Bearing in mind a) We've not had a manager who united the fanbase since the latter days of Robson and b) the choice of a new man is with ME, the numbskulls may just have another easy target next season. Probably a less thicker skinned fall guy this time though.

I'm hoping for free flowing, masterclass footy. I'm expecting much the same as now though.

I might just irrationally turn on the new bloke from day one by dissecting interviews and pull out anything negative whilst posting my hatred on here incessantly. It works for some.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:34 - Mar 29 with 3815 viewstextbackup

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:31 - Mar 29 by artsbossbeard

Bearing in mind a) We've not had a manager who united the fanbase since the latter days of Robson and b) the choice of a new man is with ME, the numbskulls may just have another easy target next season. Probably a less thicker skinned fall guy this time though.

I'm hoping for free flowing, masterclass footy. I'm expecting much the same as now though.

I might just irrationally turn on the new bloke from day one by dissecting interviews and pull out anything negative whilst posting my hatred on here incessantly. It works for some.

The sht MM came out with weeklybwas too easy to pick apart.
Thank fck he’s gone

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:36 - Mar 29 with 3775 viewsartsbossbeard

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:34 - Mar 29 by textbackup

Thank fck he’s gone

You just wait for Phil Brown and his headset.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:37 - Mar 29 with 3758 viewschicoazul

Mick isnt thick skinned, he's the opposite.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 3753 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:34 - Mar 29 by textbackup

Thank fck he’s gone

You've got the ear of some players Texty, am I right about the frustration over the playing style? It's what I am told.

Anything you can share on here.

Login to get fewer ads

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:39 - Mar 29 with 3740 viewstcblue

I'd say that's true and I'd add that I think he's very much not the thick skinned person he wants to portray.

Interestingly, when I was watching the press conference there was a lot of times where it seemed to flit between 'nothing to do with the fans' and 'people got bored of me'.

The worst part of this, the continued refusal to accept or analyse what might have gone wrong (at least publicly) retains that bad blood, and it makes it very difficult to do what we ought to be doing - thanking him and wishing him well.
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:40 - Mar 29 with 3731 viewsKeaneish

Weren't the fan base united under Burley?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:41 - Mar 29 with 3712 viewsartsbossbeard

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:40 - Mar 29 by Keaneish

Weren't the fan base united under Burley?

Not when he went mad and lost the plot.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:43 - Mar 29 with 3689 viewsDarth_Koont

To me, he seems to focus on his job and the squad and doesn't care about anything or anyone else outside of that. Rightly or wrongly.

That may piss a few fans off but also probably why he builds such a strong spirit and togetherness among the squad.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:46 - Mar 29 with 3668 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:39 - Mar 29 by tcblue

I'd say that's true and I'd add that I think he's very much not the thick skinned person he wants to portray.

Interestingly, when I was watching the press conference there was a lot of times where it seemed to flit between 'nothing to do with the fans' and 'people got bored of me'.

The worst part of this, the continued refusal to accept or analyse what might have gone wrong (at least publicly) retains that bad blood, and it makes it very difficult to do what we ought to be doing - thanking him and wishing him well.

Yes, I think you and Chico may be correct.

He keeps saying what a good job he has done and he has in a way but if he was to just say that he had done his best but it's time for another man to have a stab at it - and wish us the best of luck then it would be a better ending.

To harp on about what a great job he has done and call a section of the fans numbskulls is, as he would say, "Bonkers"

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:47 - Mar 29 with 3653 viewsLightningboy

Spot on Lord Lucan.

“I’m always right me” that seems to be MicCarthy’s motto/attitude.

..and why he’s only ever got so far in the game.
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:51 - Mar 29 with 3605 viewsITFC_Forever

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:38 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

You've got the ear of some players Texty, am I right about the frustration over the playing style? It's what I am told.

I've heard from a certain former full-back he wasn't allowed to take it forward or play a pass inside to the midfield, but to look forward and try and hit Murphy....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 3594 viewsdirtyboy

Having watched that press conference, I think Mick would still have been here had he been given the guarantee he was going to be given the money to make us truly competitive.

He says it was mutual after a conversation and that's probably correct.

Our current squad are fiercely loyal to Mick, a lot of his ex-players have followed him over the years and I have no doubt we'll be losing a few good ones if he does pop up at another club.

The next manager here has to be nailed on, if it isn't the players will jump very quickly and I don't blame them. Mick is clearly very much appreciated by all at the club, so they big boots to fill, regardless of what we think.
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 3581 viewsCoco

Spot on.

I keep flitting between sympathy and respect to shaking my head at his arrogance. He has little respect for the fans and is clearly desperate for us to fail when he is gone.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 3567 viewsartsbossbeard

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:46 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

He keeps saying what a good job he has done and he has in a way but if he was to just say that he had done his best but it's time for another man to have a stab at it - and wish us the best of luck then it would be a better ending.

To harp on about what a great job he has done and call a section of the fans numbskulls is, as he would say, "Bonkers"

Numbskulls is easier on the tongue than "collection of tyre fitters, pipe laggers & wheelie bin cleaners who think that they know more about football than me" to be fair.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 3575 viewstcblue

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:46 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

His emotional frailties (seems a harsh way to put it but I think there's truth there) have been becoming very obvious to me this season.

I dunno, to some extent there's value in shielding the players, if that's part of what he's been trying to do. But the refusal to accept that the entertainment factor was any part of the conversations is deeply troubling, and should we worry that it was Mick who had to call the summit meeting?
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:03 - Mar 29 with 3530 viewsSWGF

Re: players' frustrations, I can't believe that the more technically able ones aren't hugely frustrated in being asked to play a more "simplistic" style. Also can't believe the forwards particularly enjoy feeding off scraps, chasing their own flick ons or having to sprint down the channels as the ball is slung towards the corner flag.

Will be intriguing to see if a different coach can get a different tune from the bulk of the same squad
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 17:04]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:04 - Mar 29 with 3505 viewsBackToRussia

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:03 - Mar 29 by SWGF

Re: players' frustrations, I can't believe that the more technically able ones aren't hugely frustrated in being asked to play a more "simplistic" style. Also can't believe the forwards particularly enjoy feeding off scraps, chasing their own flick ons or having to sprint down the channels as the ball is slung towards the corner flag.

Will be intriguing to see if a different coach can get a different tune from the bulk of the same squad
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 17:04]

Basically, it's no fun being sh1t.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:06 - Mar 29 with 3491 viewsITFC_Forever

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 by tcblue

His emotional frailties (seems a harsh way to put it but I think there's truth there) have been becoming very obvious to me this season.

I dunno, to some extent there's value in shielding the players, if that's part of what he's been trying to do. But the refusal to accept that the entertainment factor was any part of the conversations is deeply troubling, and should we worry that it was Mick who had to call the summit meeting?

If Mick called the meeting, it was probably because he wanted to know one way or the other - ME had said the announcement would be made well before the Early Bird deadline, so Mick thought he may as well sort it out now.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:11 - Mar 29 with 3472 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 by Coco

Spot on.

I keep flitting between sympathy and respect to shaking my head at his arrogance. He has little respect for the fans and is clearly desperate for us to fail when he is gone.

Exactly the same way I felt, same same.

Depressingly I reckon he would throw a party if we were relegated.

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 3415 viewstextbackup

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:38 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

‘Had’ the ear, they’ve since moved on!
However the ones you chat with on the odd occasion in town etc, they don’t have to say it to make it obvious that many of them don’t like what MM has them doing.
I fully expect to see Bishop (if fit) become a key player in the team.

Also be nice to see Downes back after TC made his time here this season pretty uncomfortable. Did I just say that out loud?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:29 - Mar 29 with 3377 viewskeighleyblue

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:47 - Mar 29 by Lightningboy

Spot on Lord Lucan.

“I’m always right me” that seems to be MicCarthy’s motto/attitude.

..and why he’s only ever got so far in the game.

what, like a World Cup manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024