Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day 09:39 - Mar 27 with 3411 viewsFinidiCentenary

Barcelona are considering a move for Luke Shaw.

The lad looked superb at 18, was in the last World Cup squad and deserved a move to Man Utd. But since then (and I know he had an awful injury), he's had four different managers I think criticise his lack of effort and attitude and a fair few United legends reckon that he's carrying far too much weight.

Goodness knows what Barca see there.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:41 - Mar 27 with 3392 viewswkj

I just saw that. I don't think it is too astounding really - I think Morinho and Shaw are a poor mix. Shaw would have done great had he been managed by Sir Bobby, as I get the feeling he needs that nurturing relationship with a manager to reach his best.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 9:42]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:42 - Mar 27 with 3388 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Barca love a left field transfer like this.

They spent £36m on Spurs failure Paulinho from a chinese club which was a bonkers move but it looks to have paid off as he’s looked good since they signed him. Perhaps a similar change of scenery for Shaw would be beneficial.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:42 - Mar 27 with 3382 viewsKieran_Knows

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:41 - Mar 27 by wkj

I just saw that. I don't think it is too astounding really - I think Morinho and Shaw are a poor mix. Shaw would have done great had he been managed by Sir Bobby, as I get the feeling he needs that nurturing relationship with a manager to reach his best.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 9:42]

Agreed. He seems like one of them players that 'needs an arm around him', rather than one that has a manager slate him in the press every 4-5 weeks or so in the hope it makes him play better.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 with 3370 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I think Scholes (and others) have said that once Shaw leaves, he'll drop a stone and go onto to be England's best left back for years to come.

He needs to leave United (or more importantly Mourinho) and is still a talented player, so someone could get one hell of a player at a bit of a bargain price.
Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 with 3362 viewsKieran_Knows

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:42 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Barca love a left field transfer like this.

They spent £36m on Spurs failure Paulinho from a chinese club which was a bonkers move but it looks to have paid off as he’s looked good since they signed him. Perhaps a similar change of scenery for Shaw would be beneficial.

I watched a programme on BT Sports (I think) the other day which was about Paulinho. Apparently Messi was quite instrumental in getting him his move to Barca, he asked Paulinho during a game between Argentina v Brazil and within a few weeks the move went through.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 with 3350 viewshomer_123

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I think Scholes (and others) have said that once Shaw leaves, he'll drop a stone and go onto to be England's best left back for years to come.

He needs to leave United (or more importantly Mourinho) and is still a talented player, so someone could get one hell of a player at a bit of a bargain price.

Cheeky bid time from Mick?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:46 - Mar 27 with 3337 viewsFinidiCentenary

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

You may well be right and I don't rate Mourinho's handling of the situation but also think Shaw should be keeping himself in top shape. He's on about £100,000 a week. It's not too much to expect a footballer paid £5m a year to be in peak condition.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:49 - Mar 27 with 3325 viewsitfcjoe

He's a quality player who is being totally mis managed by Mourinho.

There was a comment from someone close to him saying that in any other industry Shaw would be able to sue Mourinho and Man U for constructive dismissal such is the level of bullying - it's hard to disagree when you just see what is in the public let alone the private.

Luke Shaw plus money for Danny Rose looks like a deal that would suit both clubs. I hope Shaw gets away from Mourinho as soon as possible

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:50 - Mar 27 with 3308 viewswkj

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:46 - Mar 27 by FinidiCentenary

You may well be right and I don't rate Mourinho's handling of the situation but also think Shaw should be keeping himself in top shape. He's on about £100,000 a week. It's not too much to expect a footballer paid £5m a year to be in peak condition.

I am sure he will, which is why a transfer away is a good decision, and at his age now is the time to start unleashing his potential before it wastes away- I am sure Barca will do that much better than Man united could under Moronho

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:51 - Mar 27 with 3303 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:44 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

I watched a programme on BT Sports (I think) the other day which was about Paulinho. Apparently Messi was quite instrumental in getting him his move to Barca, he asked Paulinho during a game between Argentina v Brazil and within a few weeks the move went through.

It’s interesting how instrumental some players can be to influence moves one way or the other. Lukaku and Pogba at Man United being a prime example.

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:53 - Mar 27 with 3291 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:49 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

There was a comment from someone close to him saying that in any other industry Shaw would be able to sue Mourinho and Man U for constructive dismissal such is the level of bullying - it's hard to disagree when you just see what is in the public let alone the private.

Luke Shaw plus money for Danny Rose looks like a deal that would suit both clubs. I hope Shaw gets away from Mourinho as soon as possible

It's interesting that Mourinho has got rid of quite a few (potentially) world class players in his career, simply because he didn't like their attitude.

De Bruyne and Salah are probably the two that are really coming home to roost for him as he said both of them were not willing to work hard enough to get in his Chelsea side.
Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 3263 viewstcblue

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:46 - Mar 27 by FinidiCentenary

That's quite easy to say but the reality could be that, devoid of any motivation or support that works for him from his boss, he's not able to keep himself in top shape, I know when I'm feeling down it's tricky to keep the fat percentage low!
Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 10:05 - Mar 27 with 3233 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:53 - Mar 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It's interesting that Mourinho has got rid of quite a few (potentially) world class players in his career, simply because he didn't like their attitude.

De Bruyne and Salah are probably the two that are really coming home to roost for him as he said both of them were not willing to work hard enough to get in his Chelsea side.

Lukaku another to a lesser extent

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 10:44 - Mar 27 with 3157 viewsrickw

We don't know what Mourinho has tried with Shaw behind the scenes too....

Before his injury Shaw looked like he was fulfilling his potential - he looked like their best attacking player (in a poor Van Gaal team), since then he's looked like he's been playing with the handbrake on - too afraid to sprint forward or beat his man

I heard on the radio an interview with Southampton youth coach Jason Dodd who said Shaw isn't one who likes to work hard in training and needs to be pushed, and I think training hard is something Mourinho demands perhaps more than other managers....

Wherever he goes is a risk - he could become the best left back in the world or he could be the next Michael Johnson (well paid fat guy who hardly played for Man City!)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 10:55 - Mar 27 with 3121 viewsdavblue

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 09:49 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

apparently he's one that you have to keep on at and can take it easy in training not always super professional.

Even Poch said as much in his book. He got all the tools, he needs to play regularly as well by the looks of his body shape.

A move to Spurs will suit all parties and he will come good again there.

Jose is a demanding manager, he has a few failures in the market as people can't keep up with the intensity.
Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 15:01 - Mar 27 with 2851 viewschristiand

I bet Barca could turn Shaw's potential in to a terrific full back. Their style of play would really suit him too. If he can't do it at the Nou Camp, then yes there is a problem there, but I'm not convinced that Mourinho knows how to get the best out of him. Easier to let him go to pastures new than taking the time to improve and nurture his game. That's why for me Guardiola is the far superior coach.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Genuine WTF transfer rumour of the day on 15:16 - Mar 27 with 2835 viewshype313

Lots of people on here saying it's all Mourinho's fault, dig a little deeper.

Former Southampton youth academy director Jason Dodd has admitted how Shaw can be hard work and needs constant pushing.

"He does make you pull your hair out at times," said Dodd.

"You have to try different things to get the best out of him.

"I think they have tried everything and they have not got through to him to get him out on the pitch and perform.

"Luke is one of those players where you have to keep on, you have to keep pushing him and he needs to be challenged."

"I was constantly on him. He likes it. He needs more of a cuddle, and then give him a little dig. That is how you get him going.

"He is a fantastic player, but if you have to question some of it - his drive, training everyday, and giving absolutely everything.

"You are at Manchester United. Mourinho expects you to put it in every session and that is an area where Luke will struggle."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024