Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? 11:57 - Mar 15 with 21989 viewsFixed_It

He's having a tough time at the moment. He's not perfect, but then not many of us are (Keno obviously is, but apart from him...).
He seems to be getting the brunt of the frustrations brought about by 16 years in the Championship, and some of the abuse is totally OTT and, in some cases, unnecessarily personal.
Let's not forget:
1. He saved us from near certain relegation when he first joined.
2. He took us on when many wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole.
3. He took us nearer to promotion than either of his two predecessors.
4. He is operating under a very strict/restrictive budget.
5. He has had truly awful luck with injuries this season.
6. He has the total support of the players, despite the current woes on the field.
7. He is widely respected throughout the game - and many others look on enviously at his record, and are a little perplexed at the stick he is getting.
8. We are NOT in a relegation battle!
9. He is not Roy Keane.

Whatever his faults are, he seems like a pretty decent human-being. Some people should do well to remember that.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 12:00]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:45 - Mar 15 with 5437 viewsKieran_Knows

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:25 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

But doesn't that equally make Mick just as culpable?
Whilst I agree that Evans is a massive problem, Mick joined the club knowing his financial restraints. Or maybe he was only looking short-term at the £1m safety bonus.

Did you see that Mark Hughes will get £2m if he saves Southamption from being relegated.

On a seperate note, do you think Mick's hellbent intent to upset the fans might put off a prospective new club in bringing him in? Loads of negative press with dwindling ST's, terrible playing style.

It does, and Mick clearly is a massive issue in terms of how he is dealing with the press etc. My issue then turns to Evans in that how is he so seemingly blind to it all?

I think he's said several times in the past he knew what he was working with, and I'd say he's got transfers at around a 50/50 rate (good/bad). Some have worked out well, others haven't. But when you're working with mostly free transfers, and other clubs having bigger spending power in terms of wages, more often than not we've ended up with Larsen Toure's.

Quite possibly. I do think he has a good name for himself 'inside' of football though. I'm pretty certain he'd get another job at Championship level with ease.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:58 - Mar 15 with 5417 viewsKieran_Knows

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 12:54 - Mar 15 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed.

You feel sorry for Mick but then you watch his team play.

I'd say that's fairly spot on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:58 - Mar 15 with 5418 viewsBluespeed225

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:25 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

But doesn't that equally make Mick just as culpable?
Whilst I agree that Evans is a massive problem, Mick joined the club knowing his financial restraints. Or maybe he was only looking short-term at the £1m safety bonus.

Did you see that Mark Hughes will get £2m if he saves Southamption from being relegated.

On a seperate note, do you think Mick's hellbent intent to upset the fans might put off a prospective new club in bringing him in? Loads of negative press with dwindling ST's, terrible playing style.

Would other clubs think ‘there’s a bloke with a point to prove, let’s hire him’? He’ll be hellbent on putting one over us ( the fans) if he was in The Championship again. Him and Keane as a partnership! They’ll suddenly have something to bond over.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:10 - Mar 15 with 5419 viewstextbackup

What a complete load of sht. He’s brought so much of this on himself. As you say he isn’t perfect, so maybe he should realise that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:14 - Mar 15 with 5420 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 13:20 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

You don't even need to look that far back to see how corrosive a disunited dressing room can be - think how utterly lacking in team spirit and purpose we were under Jewell prior to Mick's arrival.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 13:46]

If Jewell lost the dressing room, then Mick has lost Portman Road.

Say all you wish about PJ, he had the common grace to quit. Mercenary Mick, wants to be sacked.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:18 - Mar 15 with 5411 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 14:58 - Mar 15 by Bluespeed225

Would other clubs think ‘there’s a bloke with a point to prove, let’s hire him’? He’ll be hellbent on putting one over us ( the fans) if he was in The Championship again. Him and Keane as a partnership! They’ll suddenly have something to bond over.

Surely his priority would be promotion to whichever Championship club he took over - not petty squabbles with opposition fans twice a season.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:34 - Mar 15 with 5390 viewslongtimefan

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:14 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

Say all you wish about PJ, he had the common grace to quit. Mercenary Mick, wants to be sacked.

There is no comparison. When Jewell went we were bottom of the table and the manager by his own admission, didn’t have a clue how to rectify it. We’re currently sitting mid-table under no threat of relegation. It’s part of the reason many fans of other clubs think we’re mad to want rid of him.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:37 - Mar 15 with 5385 viewsitfcjoe

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:14 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

Jewell quit when we were adrift at the bottom of the league with League 1 staring us in the face.

People are going so OTT considering we are 12th, it's not exciting and there needs to be a change but with how some talk you'd think Mick had us plummeting to League 1.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:49 - Mar 15 with 5373 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:37 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Jewell quit when we were adrift at the bottom of the league with League 1 staring us in the face.

People are going so OTT considering we are 12th, it's not exciting and there needs to be a change but with how some talk you'd think Mick had us plummeting to League 1.

You make it sound like he left us with 10 games remaining for safety.

The fact is, he quit in October. Almost 7 months remained of the season.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 15:58]
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:56 - Mar 15 with 5365 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:34 - Mar 15 by longtimefan

There is no comparison. When Jewell went we were bottom of the table and the manager by his own admission, didn’t have a clue how to rectify it. We’re currently sitting mid-table under no threat of relegation. It’s part of the reason many fans of other clubs think we’re mad to want rid of him.

Jewell could have stayed longer. He had 7 months remaining of the season to try & turn things around whilst still taking a salary from the club.

If the roles had been reversed & MM was in charge of a club in the bottom 3 - do you think he'd quit in October? I think you know that answer.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:04]
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 5366 viewsitfcjoe

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:49 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

You make it sound like he left us with 10 games remaining for safety.

The fact is, he quit in October. Almost 7 months remained of the season.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 15:58]

When Mick was appointed we had 7 points after 13 games - it took 55 points to stay up that season.

So we had 7 points in over 1/4 of the season, and had to pick up 48 points in less than 3/4s of the season - a massive turn around.

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:00 - Mar 15 with 5357 viewsitfcjoe

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:56 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

Jewell could have stayed longer. He had 7 months remaining of the season to try & turn things around whilst still taking a salary from the club.

If the roles had been reversed & MM was in charge of a club in the bottom 3 - do you think he'd quit in October? I think you know that answer.

Check your history.

They weren't even in the bottom 3 when he got sacked at Wolves.

At Sunderland he was appointed in March with them already down

And then he didn't quit the other time, probably because he had just taken them up.

All totally incomparable to Jewell's hapless reign here where he took us further backwards than any manager in recent history

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:07 - Mar 15 with 5337 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:57 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

When Mick was appointed we had 7 points after 13 games - it took 55 points to stay up that season.

So we had 7 points in over 1/4 of the season, and had to pick up 48 points in less than 3/4s of the season - a massive turn around.

You may have missed the point of my post.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:43 - Mar 15 with 5321 viewsBenters2

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:37 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

I dont feel sorry for him at all.

Its time for a change.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:45 - Mar 15 with 5314 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:43 - Mar 15 by Benters2

I dont feel sorry for him at all.

Its time for a change.

I agree. Sorry Benters, we will have to let you go at the end of the season. Until then, would you consider a loan move to either Tractorboys.com or WOTB?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:48 - Mar 15 with 5309 viewsFixed_It

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:10 - Mar 15 by textbackup

What a complete load of sht. He’s brought so much of this on himself. As you say he isn’t perfect, so maybe he should realise that.

Well that response came as a total shock!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 17:09 - Mar 15 with 5296 viewslongtimefan

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 15:56 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

We were bottom when he arrived here so yes I know the answer. Your question isn't hypothetical, its already happened! He came here because he knew he could get us out of the bottom three (and pick up a hefty bonus in doing so).
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 17:41 - Mar 15 with 5273 viewsBenters2

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:45 - Mar 15 by SpruceMoose

I agree. Sorry Benters, we will have to let you go at the end of the season. Until then, would you consider a loan move to either Tractorboys.com or WOTB?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:45]

Do one numpty
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 5266 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 17:41 - Mar 15 by Benters2

Do one numpty

Such a rude, rude man!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 20:40 - Mar 15 with 5237 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 16:00 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Check your history.

They weren't even in the bottom 3 when he got sacked at Wolves.

At Sunderland he was appointed in March with them already down

And then he didn't quit the other time, probably because he had just taken them up.

All totally incomparable to Jewell's hapless reign here where he took us further backwards than any manager in recent history

Erm. Yes. Wolves were in the bottom 3.

13/2/12 on the date of his departure, they sat in 18th place on 21pts.

P25
W5
D6
L14
F28
A49

GD -21
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 20:47 - Mar 15 with 5232 viewsitfcjoe

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 20:40 - Mar 15 by Johnny_Boy

Erm. Yes. Wolves were in the bottom 3.

13/2/12 on the date of his departure, they sat in 18th place on 21pts.

P25
W5
D6
L14
F28
A49

GD -21

Ok they’d dropped into it on GD for the first time that season. Hardly adrift at the bottom like your post was talking about. Should a manager resign as soon as they go into the relegation zone then? And also we are 12th

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 21:09 - Mar 15 with 5217 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 20:47 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Ok they’d dropped into it on GD for the first time that season. Hardly adrift at the bottom like your post was talking about. Should a manager resign as soon as they go into the relegation zone then? And also we are 12th

Have a look again at the table.

16. WBA 29pts
15. Villa 28pts
16. QPR 21pts
17. Blackburn 21pts
18. Wolves 21pts
19. Bolton 20pts
20. Wigan 19pts

The 5 bottom teams were ALL adrift by February.

A third of the season remained & poor old TC could muster another 4pts till the season ended - with the squad he inherited.

Mick didn't resign. He was sacked. Maybe he should have resigned sooner. Again. Reiterating my point.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 21:21 - Mar 15 with 5211 viewsJohnny_Boy

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 17:09 - Mar 15 by longtimefan

We were bottom when he arrived here so yes I know the answer. Your question isn't hypothetical, its already happened! He came here because he knew he could get us out of the bottom three (and pick up a hefty bonus in doing so).

I think you misread my post. And weirdly, you got an upvote for your wrong reply.

If the roles had been reversed & MM was in charge of a club sitting in the bottom 3 - do you think he'd quit in October?

Meaning, he'd started off the season with said club & found himself bottom by October.
Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 22:38 - Mar 15 with 5180 viewsSwailsey

As if people down voted this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for Mick? on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 5161 viewswarkthisway

Yes.

1 . He has overseen the worst spell of football at Pirtman Rd in the clubs history.
2. He keeps picking Hyam and Knudsen.
3. He was paid a bonus of more than most fans earn in a lifetime to keep us up.
4. He loans out our brightest youngsters never to be seen again.
5. He is arrogant beyond belief.
6. He told his own supporters to f. Off
7. He hates Suffolk and Suffolk people .
He falls out with any player who has flair because he is the only star at the club.

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024