Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For what it’s worth 08:32 - Mar 14 with 1650 viewsAuntieBlue

I haven’t posted on here for ages. I didn’t renew my ST this season - I was one of those who was told I couldn’t have a concession ticket after having one for three years, but had to buy a full price ticket. That and having been bored rigid last season pushed me to turn my back on Portman Road after over 30 years - 15 of which I was a ST holder.

I have not misssed going to the ground, and as the season has dragged on I’ve not even turned the radio on to listen to the commentary.

The owner in my opinion needs to take a long hard look at what has happened to the club over the years he has been in control. Anger from fans is one thing, it means they care, but apathy is in my opinion far more concerning. Can I see myself buying a ST again? In all honesty , no. If fans get out of the habit of attending games I reckon it would take a minor miracle - or an attractive, successful team - to get them back.

[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:35]

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

For what it’s worth on 08:41 - Mar 14 with 1593 viewsfactual_blue

As the young people say, 'this'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

For what it’s worth on 09:36 - Mar 14 with 1531 viewsBrianTablet

Football is a kind of addiction with which you grow up. You go every week and each match is a memorable occasion in your life.
It fills your thoughts - thoughts of football past, present and future.

Then you are forced to miss a match, and you can't concentrate on anything else. You'd kill to be there, and feel like you've let the team down if you don't go.

Then it's that feeling when you do miss a game and it doesn't matter so much, although you still follow what's happening, albeit from afar. Radio Suffolk, TWTD, any way you can.

Then you can cope with a Saturday afternoon/Tuesday evening without being near a radio.

Then you start to forget who we are playing in the next few matches.

Then you start to forget who we are playing that day.

Then you start to forget that we are even playing that day.

Then you see the result and you don't silently punch the air or swear.

Then you see the result and you don't feel anything either way.

And that, Mr Evans, is your legacy (at the moment).
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 11:19]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

For what it’s worth on 09:59 - Mar 14 with 1492 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spot on. At the start of the season I was paying for all the games to watch in iPlayer. Then I started dipping into the radio commentary. Then I stRted looking out fir the score every 15/20 minutes. Then it became a case of checking the half time and full time scores. Last month I completely forgot we we playing.

Now I couldn’t even tell you who we are playing next Saturday.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

For what it’s worth on 10:02 - Mar 14 with 1478 viewsWickets

Come back the good times are just around the corner.
For what it’s worth on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 1469 viewsFinidiCentenary

That's what scares me most. I know plenty of people like you.

People that have supported the club as long as me, longer or more loyally and they haven't come back. If I stop, I can't honestly say I won't become one of you because I never expected certain mates too and they have.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

For what it’s worth on 10:34 - Mar 14 with 1420 viewsnorth_stand77

I know where you are coming from.

It was supposed to be my first year on a concession having been going to Town from a small child and been a season ticket holder for about 15 yrs. I have also paid for 2 season tickets over that time every season, so that I could go and spent time with one of my sons.

I didn't renew on principle but have so far been to about 10 home games. It means I have still paid out a lot less than normal, but I'm afraid that we will both get used to not going and never go back to buying season tickets - or in fact go to games at all!

Unless something astounding happens!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024