Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... 10:01 - Feb 28 with 10310 viewsblueysbackside

....would anyone like Frank Lampard in charge?
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 21:14 - Feb 28 with 1984 viewsSuperfrans

No. Would be a crazy decision.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 22:03 - Feb 28 with 1958 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 21:14 - Feb 28 by Vic

You sure SBR had been coaching for 10 yrs before he came here? He had a v brief stint as player manager in Canada, and then a year at Fulham.

Hardly experienced.

I was basing that on wiki which said he did a coaching course in 1959 then started coaching...may be slightly wide of the mark though as the detail was brief

Still - he was far more experienced than Lampard is, so the point remains

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 22:32 - Feb 28 with 1954 viewsChe

Just because you were a good player and are famous it doesn't mean you will be a good manager, many of the best managers were not the greatest players.
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 16:39 - Mar 1 with 1913 viewsHarryWright

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 22:32 - Feb 28 by Che

Just because you were a good player and are famous it doesn't mean you will be a good manager, many of the best managers were not the greatest players.

But flip that, just because you're a good player and famous doesn't mean you'll be a bad manager as some have tried to make out on this thread.
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 19:31 - Mar 1 with 1882 viewsdickie

Am I right in thinking that Lampard has a supposedly ridiculously high IQ? Not sure I'd want the Ipswich job distracting him from his bread and butter job of writing children's books
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 20:11 - Mar 1 with 1868 viewsHennikerBlu

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 16:39 - Mar 1 by HarryWright

But flip that, just because you're a good player and famous doesn't mean you'll be a bad manager as some have tried to make out on this thread.

You could be right, I am a fan, he worked very hard to become a top player stayed late etc. consummate professional. However your argument relies on his football player ethos and experience making him a good manager and not requiring qualified experience. The counter is, we would all like to see him start somewhere.

To start with he has got to deal with 20/30 players that may not have his attitude and then how he adjusts 'his' behaviour to get the best out of each player (not Premier standard). It's a hard skill to learn and few have it naturally, the instinct is to expect everyone to be like you, which generally leads to confrontation. Not to mention all the other aspects that go with the job.

Here are his thoughts on it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3830570/Frank-Lampard-wants-ma

"It might be a different route for me and might take a while but the dream would be to manage Chelsea one day. If I was good enough, if they wanted me and it was the right time."

So blue blood just not ours.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 20:15]
if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 21:30 - Mar 1 with 1854 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 16:39 - Mar 1 by HarryWright

Actually, no they haven’t, they’ve just suggested they would like to see some evidence he might actually be a competent manager first, rather than just appointing him because he was a bit decent as a player and people have heard of him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 1836 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't get why he'd be even close to what we need. On paper we're one of the toughest jobs in football — lower half budget going for top 6 results in the Championship. If we're going to change manager, let's go for someone who has shown something of that ability even if it's at another level or in another country.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 22:35 - Mar 1 with 1818 viewsMaySixth

NO

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 10:06 - Mar 2 with 1778 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not sure how many coaching badges he has done, but I wouldn't be that against Lampard. He has great connections at Chelsea where there are some fantastic coaches and seems clever enough to ensure he surrounds himself with the right people.

He wouldn't be on my shortlist personally, but if he were to be appointed I'd be more intrigued and excited than I would be worried initially.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

if Mick does leave at the end of the season..... on 10:08 - Mar 2 with 1775 viewshype313

Recent reports say Chelsea want him for next season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024