Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Englishmen not for Wales 18:41 - Dec 5 with 2775 viewsmonty_radio

"We have always favoured Welsh people because arguably the passion is there," said FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford.

"Somebody said this earlier, Welsh most definitely, foreign possibly, but definitely not English."

While I understand the tribal nature of the football fan, and the wisdom of not giving Welsh fans an Englishmen - to come out and say it thus is to tread a path towards a certain word and concept that should not form part of an executive's public utterance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Englishmen not for Wales on 18:44 - Dec 5 with 2742 viewsSpruceMoose

Tin pot team from a tin pot country. Doubt any real Englishman would want to take it on anyway. Balls. End of.*

* He said, trying to fill the Benters void.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Englishmen not for Wales on 19:05 - Dec 5 with 2710 viewsFtnfwest

Strangely they’ve never been bothered when it comes to our young players
Englishmen not for Wales on 19:08 - Dec 5 with 2706 viewsmonty_radio

Englishmen not for Wales on 19:05 - Dec 5 by Ftnfwest

Strangely they’ve never been bothered when it comes to our young players

I guess their answer to that would be that, according to the slippery rules on nationality that exist across virtually all sports now, you're non-state until you state your state (or something similar).

Englishmen not for Wales on 19:41 - Dec 5 with 2663 viewsFtnfwest

Englishmen not for Wales on 19:08 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

I guess their answer to that would be that, according to the slippery rules on nationality that exist across virtually all sports now, you're non-state until you state your state (or something similar).

No doubt. Why it can’t be place of birth or nationality of either parent and leave it at that I don’t know. Even more slippery for Jordan mcRhodes
Englishmen not for Wales on 20:12 - Dec 5 with 2632 viewsGeoffSentence

Englishmen not for Wales on 19:08 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

wasn't david johnson the second eligible to play for 5 international teams until he was finally pinned down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Englishmen not for Wales on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 2631 viewsGeoffSentence

I am surprised that he can get away with saying that under current employment law.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Englishmen not for Wales on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 2612 viewsmonty_radio

Englishmen not for Wales on 20:12 - Dec 5 by GeoffSentence

wasn't david johnson the second eligible to play for 5 international teams until he was finally pinned down.

David Johnson the First's moustache qualified him for Mexico, I believe.

Englishmen not for Wales on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 2564 viewsSwansea_Blue

The FAW are a bunch of pillocks, so no surprise they're acting to type

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Englishmen not for Wales on 08:08 - Dec 6 with 2422 viewsBluetaff

As Swansea said, the FAW are collectively called 'morons', rather similar to your own FA and FIFA as a whole (wonder if it is a football thing??)

What they are doing is feeding to the ignorant, rather like the shock treatment that we are hearing from the political right and left right now and not too dissimilar to Spruce's comment on this thread. Baseless ignorance works like that and many of us despair as we appear to always take two steps forward before a massive stride backwards...

Rather like Sports Direct earlier this year banning the use of the Welsh language in one of its stores in Wales...the historical 'dislike' of the English from over the border though is based in part by acts of incredible cruelty throughout history which have thankfully petered out recently (only to be reignited by the ignorant few).

That said, it was only in the early part of this century that monies taken from the grieving families of Aberfan by an English Labour (and then Tory) peer Lord Roben were finally returned...trying to get people of Wales to forget these kinds of things is incredibly difficult and ingrained within many families.

However, as Welshman I would happily see a decent English manager take the reigns as opposed to a mediocre Welshman - I know the majority of Welsh fans feel the same.

Blog: The National Conundrum

Englishmen not for Wales on 08:16 - Dec 6 with 2409 viewsstickymockwell

They had better stop picking English players for their team then!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024