Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner 10:14 - Aug 16 with 6327 viewsJoeSoap

According to some Waghorn and Garner have found their level in a league that stinks, and there is 'less pressure playing for a team with no expectations than playing for a huge club where even a draw is a disaster'.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1116712-Garner-and-Waghorn

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:18 - Aug 16 with 5309 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

Their clubs c.5 years of mediocre history since formation must be a real weight on the players' shoulders!

To be fair, both players seemed to have a pretty good record for Rangers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:19 - Aug 16 with 5296 viewschicoazul

Neither of them played for Rangers as Rangers dont exist, they played for Sevco Scotland Ltd. Tell the guys on their forum that, they will love it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 5238 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"3, the standard of the championship is overrated, both us and the tarriers beating teams from the championship pretty easily pre-season."

...ah yes, a pre-season match v a Championship team is a true measure of the league.

Of course. Deluded idiots.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 5254 viewsJoeSoap

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:19 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

Neither of them played for Rangers as Rangers dont exist, they played for Sevco Scotland Ltd. Tell the guys on their forum that, they will love it.

Post on their forum?? I couldn't possibly cope with the 'weight of expectation' posting on such a huge board.

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:29 - Aug 16 with 5170 viewsnoggin

They are saying we paid 1 million each for them. Anyone know how much ITFC are reporting?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:31 - Aug 16 with 5142 viewschicoazul

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:29 - Aug 16 by noggin

They are saying we paid 1 million each for them. Anyone know how much ITFC are reporting?

Less than £1m for the pair.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:33 - Aug 16 with 5126 viewsWD19

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:18 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

The fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

Their clubs c.5 years of mediocre history since formation must be a real weight on the players' shoulders!

To be fair, both players seemed to have a pretty good record for Rangers.

I can't stand Rangers, but to be fair most of the comments on the linked thread are pretty balanced/sensible. If the boot as on the other foot imagine what our own 'comments posters' would be spouting.
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:37 - Aug 16 with 5069 viewsJ2BLUE

There is massive delusion about the level of the SPL. They have to believe it's a strong league or all their titles and cups are meaningless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:42 - Aug 16 with 5011 viewshype313

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:37 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

There is massive delusion about the level of the SPL. They have to believe it's a strong league or all their titles and cups are meaningless.

This.

If Celtic think that they are elite, their European exploits over the past few years has put a dampener on that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 4899 viewsTractorWood

I imagine they are relieved to never have to face the sheer enormity of playing Partick Thistle 8 times a year.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 4901 viewspoppiesman

A mate who is a Rangers fan laughed at me when we signed them both, as he told me they were both awful and wont score many goals for us. I said they would up their game now they are playing for a bigger club in a better league.
Needless to say after each of the first three league games, I have sent him a shared post from the ITFC FB page of each match report and thanked him for sending us the two strikers.
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:58 - Aug 16 with 4854 viewsIpswichKnight

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:24 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

"3, the standard of the championship is overrated, both us and the tarriers beating teams from the championship pretty easily pre-season."

...ah yes, a pre-season match v a Championship team is a true measure of the league.

Of course. Deluded idiots.

Yes after all they were so brilliant and all conquering they took 2 seasons to get out of the Scottish Championship, i'm sure that was down to some conspiracy and not that they are rubbish.

Surely they were only GD away from wrestling away the title from Celtic last season!
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:59 - Aug 16 with 4850 viewsJoeSoap

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:55 - Aug 16 by poppiesman

A mate who is a Rangers fan laughed at me when we signed them both, as he told me they were both awful and wont score many goals for us. I said they would up their game now they are playing for a bigger club in a better league.
Needless to say after each of the first three league games, I have sent him a shared post from the ITFC FB page of each match report and thanked him for sending us the two strikers.

I hope you also reminded him that we paid less than a million for both.

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 11:09 - Aug 16 with 4749 viewsTheBlueBarca

Aside from Celtic, the original Rangers and the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, the majority of professional Scottish teams would struggle in the English non-league.

That's not being mean, but their league system is bred so Celtic (and previously the original Rangers) could win it every year, playing the same teams 4 times over and racking up lots of points rather than having two divisions and playing everyone twice.

On top of that, a large amount of Scottish football is based around and followed by two mobs of 19th century minded bigoted idiots, mentally refighting a war in Ireland from over 100 years ago by way of football matches. We English do not understand this, we don't care if people have a different religion or if someones grandad was Irish. We just get on with it.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 11:11 - Aug 16 with 4741 viewsITFC_Forever

They seem to miss the point that the Scottish Prem is a pub league and that Waghorn and Garner have stepped up a level.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 4556 viewsGlasgowBlue

There isn't any delusion. Most old firm fans will agree that the SPL as a poor league and that the Championship is stronger.

But you have to live up here to understand the pressure that comes with playing for the old firm. They aren't just football clubs. The sectarianism and religion is weaved into the very fabric of society. You are born Rangers or Celtic and the fanaticism is completely off the scale.

Rangers or Celtic may play a diddy team like St Mirren. But they will do so in front of 60,000 screaming fans who don't stop during the entire game.

If Waghorn goes one on one with the keeper at Portman road and puts it wide, the North stand will politely clap and give him encouragement. If he did the same at Ibrox he wouldn't want to go near the ball again in that game and his confidence would be shot.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 4294 viewsJ2BLUE

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 11:41 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

There isn't any delusion. Most old firm fans will agree that the SPL as a poor league and that the Championship is stronger.

But you have to live up here to understand the pressure that comes with playing for the old firm. They aren't just football clubs. The sectarianism and religion is weaved into the very fabric of society. You are born Rangers or Celtic and the fanaticism is completely off the scale.

Rangers or Celtic may play a diddy team like St Mirren. But they will do so in front of 60,000 screaming fans who don't stop during the entire game.

If Waghorn goes one on one with the keeper at Portman road and puts it wide, the North stand will politely clap and give him encouragement. If he did the same at Ibrox he wouldn't want to go near the ball again in that game and his confidence would be shot.

I never said they weren't a big club. Doesn't change the fact that the SPL is a crap league and saying they've found their level is delusional rubbish.

Truly impaired.

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 13:05 - Aug 16 with 4277 viewsSpruceMoose

Sounds lovely!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 4031 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 13:02 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

I never said they weren't a big club. Doesn't change the fact that the SPL is a crap league and saying they've found their level is delusional rubbish.

I think you are still misunderstanding their point. A level could be playing in the Premier League for a club like Watford or Stoke. The Premier League is of course a far bigger league than the SPL with far more quality.

But playing for Stoke or Watford brings far less pressure mentally than playing for the Old Firm.

As I said in the other post, you have to live up here to appreciate what playing for the old firm means.

Iron Lion Zion

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:24 - Aug 16 with 4023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 13:05 - Aug 16 by SpruceMoose

Sounds lovely!

We shoot Deer up here.

Iron Lion Zion

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 4009 viewschicoazul

Yep, this is all true.

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 3939 viewsArcher4721

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 10:29 - Aug 16 by noggin

In fees to Rangers roughly a million for both (750 k and 250k) but we had to settle the majority of Waghorn's contract to him as well.
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:49 - Aug 16 with 3933 viewsSpruceMoose

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:24 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

We shoot Deer up here.

In Glasgow?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 15:03 - Aug 16 with 3875 viewstcblue

I guess the question that they should answer is how on earth we managed to attract strikers from such a prestigious league to drop down to our level? Surely we can't compete with such giants, particularly on financial terms?
Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 3814 viewsJ2BLUE

Rangers fans view on Waghorn and Garner on 14:23 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

I think you are still misunderstanding their point. A level could be playing in the Premier League for a club like Watford or Stoke. The Premier League is of course a far bigger league than the SPL with far more quality.

But playing for Stoke or Watford brings far less pressure mentally than playing for the Old Firm.

As I said in the other post, you have to live up here to appreciate what playing for the old firm means.

I think you're arguing something completely different and I don't disagree with your point.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024