Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 08:04 - Aug 15 with 4244 viewsblue442

Off to derby for 7 milkion. Means we will have to play him twice.
Strange they rejected the first offer of 7 million if this is the case

Poll: Would Chambers play if he wasnt captain

Tom Lawrence on 11:26 - Aug 15 with 1113 viewsNo9

Tom Lawrence on 08:09 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

Can't say I'm overly worried at prospect of playing him

Agreed
Tom Lawrence on 11:29 - Aug 15 with 1112 viewsMullet

That goal at Hillsborough where he announced himself was spafftastic. I will always be grateful for seeing that and the one at Preston in the flesh.

He will go on and have a very decent career. It's a shame he's delaying it by going to FC Bottlejob.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Lawrence on 12:25 - Aug 15 with 1078 viewsRyorry

Tom Lawrence on 10:25 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

As I say, i'm certainly not underestimating him, he was a very good player for us ... I just don't think he's Prem quality. 11 goals from 36 games is very good, but if you take the 8 goals in 8 games out (I think it was that), you're looking at 3 goals in 28 matches, which is on about par with what the rest of our midfielders were on.

Good player, very grateful he did hit that purple patch, as otherwise, without them goals, and Bart in form, we probably would have been a lot closer to going down.

Sorry, but you can't judge a player by saying "but if you take the 8 goals in 8 games out ..."! - if my aunt had bollox etc etc.

Being in and out of form is an integral part and parcel of any sport - what about Murphy's golden season, then the next, not much.

Form is temporary, class is permanent etc etc.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Tom Lawrence on 12:34 - Aug 15 with 1070 viewsolimar

Tom Lawrence on 09:55 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

I think, and did at the time, that the run of goals from December to February masked a degree of streakiness in form. He's a very good player but not yet consistently good enough to play at a higher level.

He should do well for Derby but I still hope they feck things up again.

Id say hes potentially a better, more rounded player than Fraser. But Fraser has found consistency quickly which, as you say, Lawrence has not. I think Fraser gets a slightly easier ride from ITFC fans because he was only fit for 1/3rd of the games- I wonder if he would have shown similar inconsistency if he had played the number of games Lawrence did. I dont think he would, for the record, but I think it would have brought opinions of the two a little closer together.

I think its a strong move by Derby, because although they have lost Hughes and Ince, both were as streaky as Lawrence, whereas the latter has age on his side- the other two have emerged and plateaued for a few years.
Tom Lawrence on 12:41 - Aug 15 with 1061 viewsTheBlueBarca

Tom Lawrence on 08:17 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

He is very good. Next you'll be telling us Didz is overrated!

He literally kept us up, saved Mick's job and about £10million quid in losses for the owner.

£7million is cheap in comparison to what he prevented happening here.

Great player.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Tom Lawrence on 13:28 - Aug 15 with 1023 viewsNo9

Tom Lawrence on 09:55 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

I think, and did at the time, that the run of goals from December to February masked a degree of streakiness in form. He's a very good player but not yet consistently good enough to play at a higher level.

He should do well for Derby but I still hope they feck things up again.

He also showed a propensity for getting booked for silly reasons which cost some time out of action.
My view is that MM failed to control that, accordingly he would have been a high risk signing as permanent
player.
Tom Lawrence on 13:42 - Aug 15 with 1009 viewsKieran_Knows

Tom Lawrence on 12:25 - Aug 15 by Ryorry

Sorry, but you can't judge a player by saying "but if you take the 8 goals in 8 games out ..."! - if my aunt had bollox etc etc.

Being in and out of form is an integral part and parcel of any sport - what about Murphy's golden season, then the next, not much.

Form is temporary, class is permanent etc etc.

My point was, that had he have not had that purple patch, he'd have more than likely looked a bang average midfielder for us last season with a similar goal scoring record as our other midfielders. However, I'm very grateful he did have a good December - February, as otherwise i'm sure we would have been a lot closer to the relegation spots otherwise.

As I say, I've not denied his ability, but IMHO, from what I saw of him, I didn't think he'd go back to Leicester and be a first team player, neither did I think he would get a move to a Prem club. All the best to him though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tom Lawrence on 13:45 - Aug 15 with 1006 viewsSuffolkBlue13

Tom Lawrence on 08:06 - Aug 15 by Reuser_is_God

Oh no I'm sh1tting myself.

I'd imagine the first offer was rejected because Leicester didn't like how the instalments were going to be paid.

I'm with you, couldn't care less we've got to play him twice
We don't need to worry about 1 player in a team of 11
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 13:46 - Aug 15 with 1006 viewsWeirdFishes

I just don't get the feeling he will be anything close to how good he was for us.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Tom Lawrence on 14:19 - Aug 15 with 977 viewsRadlett_blue

Tom Lawrence on 13:42 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

My point was, that had he have not had that purple patch, he'd have more than likely looked a bang average midfielder for us last season with a similar goal scoring record as our other midfielders. However, I'm very grateful he did have a good December - February, as otherwise i'm sure we would have been a lot closer to the relegation spots otherwise.

As I say, I've not denied his ability, but IMHO, from what I saw of him, I didn't think he'd go back to Leicester and be a first team player, neither did I think he would get a move to a Prem club. All the best to him though.

"So, apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play"?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

On topic, there's some nice cognitive dissonance going on in this thread (n/t) on 14:22 - Aug 15 with 976 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024