Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes 18:52 - Jul 29 with 14715 viewsITFCMonk

Aparently looked well out of his depth today, Micks new favourite?
Flynn Downes on 18:22 - Aug 5 with 2149 viewsWestover

Well not out of his depth today was he MOM it seems
Flynn Downes on 18:32 - Aug 5 with 2105 viewsTractorWood

Easy MOTM for me today. I'll happily see him become a MM favourite.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flynn Downes on 18:37 - Aug 5 with 2080 viewsHarryfromBath

You get this all of the time on message-boards all over the division.

The plaintive 'why are we bringing youth players through?' is quickly followed by 'he's out of his depth, loan him to a League One or Two side' when a youth prospect is given his chance.

I am not saying that youth prospects should be above criticism. but some of the comments on this thread are odd for an 18-year-old player thrown in to his senior debut in what was an important and significant game for the club.

Tyrone Mings said at a South-West get-together a few years ago that the differences between Championship and lower-league or youth football are (1) you have way less time to work with and (2) you are way more likely to be punished for mistakes.

Ty said it can take up to a dozen or so games to adjust when you step up. Let's give the lad that before digging him out. Constructive criticism and things he can work on? Fair enough, but well out of his depth? After less than one full game? I'm sorry.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Flynn Downes on 19:05 - Aug 5 with 1962 viewsMullet

Flynn Downes on 18:37 - Aug 5 by HarryfromBath

You get this all of the time on message-boards all over the division.

The plaintive 'why are we bringing youth players through?' is quickly followed by 'he's out of his depth, loan him to a League One or Two side' when a youth prospect is given his chance.

I am not saying that youth prospects should be above criticism. but some of the comments on this thread are odd for an 18-year-old player thrown in to his senior debut in what was an important and significant game for the club.

Tyrone Mings said at a South-West get-together a few years ago that the differences between Championship and lower-league or youth football are (1) you have way less time to work with and (2) you are way more likely to be punished for mistakes.

Ty said it can take up to a dozen or so games to adjust when you step up. Let's give the lad that before digging him out. Constructive criticism and things he can work on? Fair enough, but well out of his depth? After less than one full game? I'm sorry.

Think this was bumped from the Charlton friendly mate.

But as ever you are quite incisive with the gist. Seemed to be a feeling today that our whole performance/season/fortunes hinged on Dozzell, certainly pre-match so it's extra galling to see him be raved about and then injured like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Flynn Downes on 19:06 - Aug 5 with 1962 viewsbrogansnose

Flynn Downes on 18:32 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

Easy MOTM for me today. I'll happily see him become a MM favourite.

He was bloody excellent Woody. Battling , disrupting with intelligent re-cycling of the ball .

The boy, the boys if you include young Dozzell, done good. Chuff me backwards, even Skuse got into positions hiterto unheard of.
Flynn Downes on 19:20 - Aug 5 with 1918 viewsgeg1992

I thought he was the best player on the pitch. His ball control is fantastic, he's a great prospect.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Flynn Downes on 19:53 - Aug 5 with 1865 viewsFreddies_Ears

Flynn Downes on 19:20 - Aug 5 by geg1992

I thought he was the best player on the pitch. His ball control is fantastic, he's a great prospect.

He was my outfield motm by a mile. Bart was awesome too.
Flynn Downes on 20:03 - Aug 5 with 1831 viewslowhouseblue

excellent trolling. everyone seems to have taken your post seriously. clearly you weren't really slagging off the 18 year old motm.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes on 20:08 - Aug 5 with 1805 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Flynn Downes on 20:03 - Aug 5 by lowhouseblue

excellent trolling. everyone seems to have taken your post seriously. clearly you weren't really slagging off the 18 year old motm.

This was from after the Charlton friendly..
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 20:08]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Flynn Downes on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 1794 viewsTendring_Blue

Out of his depth . He walked on water!!
Flynn Downes on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 1792 viewslowhouseblue

Flynn Downes on 20:08 - Aug 5 by The_Romford_Blue

indeed. the positives were many and varied. including downes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Flynn Downes on 20:12 - Aug 5 with 1789 viewspointofblue

Flynn Downes on 20:08 - Aug 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Though by the sounds of it everybody was rubbish at Charlton so I'm not sure why Downes was picked out. He was brilliant today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Flynn Downes on 20:15 - Aug 5 with 1777 viewschicoazul

Flynn Downes on 19:20 - Aug 5 by geg1992

You can always tell a good player on how they show for, and receive, a throw in. He showed for all of them and took most of them under control nicely. Quality.
Looks like a hard eyed high cheekboned flinty Aryan obergruppenfuhrer too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024