Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting on Bogle interest 11:46 - Jul 28 with 8741 viewsitfcjoe

£800k apparently - although sounds like he'll go to QPR:

11:39
BOGLE CAN LEAVE WIGAN

Sky sources understand Omar Bogle has been placed on the transfer list by Wigan.

Paul Cook doesn’t believe the player fits into his style of play.

Ipswich, QPR and Barnsley have all expressed interest in taking the forward.

Wigan are thought to value him at £800,000.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 3363 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:46 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

He scored a few, not many but they were the worst side in the league last year - their performance at PR was one of the worst I've seen at this level in a long time.

I'd prefer CW, but Bogle definitely has potential and is more of a goalscorer so greater chance to make a big profit if we were to get him flying. He'd also be good as part of a 3-4 rotation and wouldn't have the need to start every game.

Only thing I think is that CW was clearly wanted by Mick but couldn't get it done, whereas Bogle must have been looked over and rejected - but then that happened to Spence so Mick won't let pride stop him from changing his view.

If the fee is right, i guess it will alert Mick again. Transfer listing Bogle does reduce their bargaining power rather too.

And agree on the 4th striker point. He'd fit the 'option' role. Washington at £2m would be a starter and i'm not sure we'd get best out of him by pushing him out wide in a 3, as Garner is clearly Mick's starter up front right now
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:51 - Jul 28 with 3358 viewstextbackup

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:25 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Washington and Garner probably wouldn't work as a pairing, but strength in depth is something that we don't have, and should anything happen to Garner, we'd be back at square 1 again.

I'd welcome Washington signing, to be honest.

Who are saying is the better player out of the two, because surely QPR won't sign ogle to replace Washington if Washington isn't even off anywhere? And they might be signing ogle to add strength and depth to their squad, so come Jan they don't get an injury and their season fall aprt

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:55 - Jul 28 with 3344 viewsKieran_Knows

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:51 - Jul 28 by textbackup

Who are saying is the better player out of the two, because surely QPR won't sign ogle to replace Washington if Washington isn't even off anywhere? And they might be signing ogle to add strength and depth to their squad, so come Jan they don't get an injury and their season fall aprt

Suppose Washington is a touch more proven at this level, and we have been in for him before, so I think if Mick was given a choice out of the 2, he'd sign Washington.

Agree with your last point, the only thing I can think of is that QPR have been balancing the books this summer, so may feel they can't carry both of them? God knows really, just speculation on both counts (Washington and Bogle) and the moment.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:56 - Jul 28 with 3338 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:55 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Suppose Washington is a touch more proven at this level, and we have been in for him before, so I think if Mick was given a choice out of the 2, he'd sign Washington.

Agree with your last point, the only thing I can think of is that QPR have been balancing the books this summer, so may feel they can't carry both of them? God knows really, just speculation on both counts (Washington and Bogle) and the moment.

They are having the books unbalanced for them very soon when they get their £66m fine

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 3295 viewshowdonblue

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:00 - Jul 28 by 12th_Man

Don't p155 about town get it done £800k on table no less

Quite right no brainier
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 3281 viewshype313

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:39 - Jul 28 by Mullet

Don't think it'd be Washington and Garner as a pairing if we went that route. It'd be Washington on the flank a la Marley Watkins/Jon Walters.

I dunno who I'd pick if that was the deal. Bogle is a total unknown and didn't really get a chance to prove himself in a failing Wigan side. He'd be more "exciting" but that's a cheap thrill if he turns out to be off the pace.

Washington would definitely give us more overall, but would also be a target for being another MM style workhorse who grafts oppositions into submission. I also think if they wanted £2.5m last time and didn't do it because they couldn't replace him, then the fee is unlikely to drop too much this time even if he's surplus.

It's be a Bodvarsson type loan to permanent deal suspect with him missing two games against a club we really need to be taking points off.

I recall in January when his name was mentioned, that Phil had said a few people from the club had taken a look at him but thought he would struggle in the championship.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:07 - Jul 28 with 3257 viewsMullet

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:04 - Jul 28 by hype313

I recall in January when his name was mentioned, that Phil had said a few people from the club had taken a look at him but thought he would struggle in the championship.

I'm not surprised given Phil's vintage.

Get the impression Bogle is a bit of a wildcard who can do something special or be utterly useless from the snippets I've seen. You'd think that would put Mick off given his usual recruitment policy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:09 - Jul 28 with 3242 viewstextbackup

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:07 - Jul 28 by Mullet

Get the impression Bogle is a bit of a wildcard who can do something special or be utterly useless from the snippets I've seen. You'd think that would put Mick off given his usual recruitment policy.

Keifer Moore?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:11 - Jul 28 with 3229 viewshype313

I think at the time all of us collectively were desperate to sign someone who might score a goal or two given our plight back then.

But in all honesty, I do get the impression he could well be the Manuel Thetis of strikers if he were to join.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:17 - Jul 28 with 3193 viewsMullet

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:11 - Jul 28 by hype313

I think at the time all of us collectively were desperate to sign someone who might score a goal or two given our plight back then.

But in all honesty, I do get the impression he could well be the Manuel Thetis of strikers if he were to join.

My feeling has always been we'd get another Dominic Samuel type signing here to cover. Which makes sense given the Chelsea/West Ham kids linked and Leko etc.

I'd hope that we're also in for someone more substantial, such as one of these two. A player who can play in the channels or up top and an out and out striker seems the approach.

Whoever we get it'll be good. We need the numbers and someone to give us a talking point is more than welcome. It'll be as the window closes presumably though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:20 - Jul 28 with 3173 viewsTIB

Bit like Akinde...dominates League 2 but would struggle at this level.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:22 - Jul 28 with 3160 viewstractorboy1978

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:20 - Jul 28 by TIB

And you base that opinion on what?
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:44 - Jul 28 with 3063 viewsTIB

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:22 - Jul 28 by tractorboy1978

And you base that opinion on what?

1 goal in 16 last time he played at this level. He's found his perfect fit at Barnet with a team playing around him hence the goals.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:59 - Jul 28 with 3018 viewsfabian_illness

I think we have more chance of signing Omar Sharif.
My Nan and her sheltered housing mates would take there season ticket again if that happened.
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 14:03 - Jul 28 with 2997 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:44 - Jul 28 by TIB

1 goal in 16 last time he played at this level. He's found his perfect fit at Barnet with a team playing around him hence the goals.

Yep

He was awful when I used to watch him for Dagenham

Nice fella though

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 14:09 - Jul 28 with 2978 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:59 - Jul 28 by fabian_illness

I think we have more chance of signing Omar Sharif.
My Nan and her sheltered housing mates would take there season ticket again if that happened.

...even we wouldnt sign a corpse. Might work though;

[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 14:10]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 14:28 - Jul 28 with 2941 viewshype313

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 14:09 - Jul 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

...even we wouldnt sign a corpse. Might work though;

[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 14:10]

Love that film.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 18:13 - Jul 28 with 2857 viewstractorboy1978

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 13:20 - Jul 28 by TIB

I thought you were comparing Bogle to Akinde? The jury is very much still out on Bogle at this level.
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 18:45 - Jul 28 with 2826 viewsmuccletonjoe

If he comes here and then gets 15 goals+ he would be worth 10 times that on todays prices.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024