Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) 18:08 - Jul 5 with 27313 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Serious question. I need to watch a film that is very sad (don't ask).

Any films out there which are likely to tug on the old heart strings?

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:52 - Jul 5 with 6978 viewsTLA

Dead Poet's Society - the suicide and its impact always gets to me.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:52 - Jul 5 with 6978 viewsBinner

Kramer vs Kramer

Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:00 - Jul 5 with 6962 viewsSWGF

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:06 - Jul 5 with 6944 viewsSteve_M

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Properly miserable but excellently done.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:11 - Jul 5 with 6928 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:52 - Jul 5 by TLA

Dead Poet's Society - the suicide and its impact always gets to me.

Talking about suicide scenes, I started to watch '13 Reasons Why' on Netflix but thought it was a bit sh1t after a couple of episodes and gave up. Anyway, I found the ultimate suicide scene and f*ck me, that's proper hard to watch.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:12 - Jul 5 with 6923 viewsSmithy

Marley and Me

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:14 - Jul 5 with 6913 viewsMullet

Being dead inside I can't really help with this. But my mate cried at Signs in the cinema, full on blubbing. Still never worked out why. So you could try that.

Seem to remember Sleepers bummed me right out and can't see it mentioned. That's more harrowing though IIRC.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:20 - Jul 5 with 6901 viewsClapham_Junction

Boy in the Striped Pjamas

I remember people leaving the cinema in tears (I was one of them).
Login to get fewer ads

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:28 - Jul 5 with 6874 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Silver Linings Playbook makes my eyes go watery, big jessie that I am
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:32 - Jul 5 with 6866 viewsIllinoisblue

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:43 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

Na, it's an absolute delight.

maybe I'll give it a second try. Just left me cold first time around.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:36 - Jul 5 with 6852 viewsLord_Lucan

1/ ITFC season review.

2/ Dead mans shoes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:36 - Jul 5 with 6851 viewsgainsboroughblue

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:27 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

The Bicycle Thief. Not sure that will get her into bed though if that's the idea.

Agree on this. That is so sad. The end bit when they walk through the crowd got me. I'm a real softy when it comes to films which if you saw me, you wouldn't think it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:37 - Jul 5 with 6850 viewsStNeotsBlue

Took my daughters to see Big Hero Six the other year, I was in pieces, they were non-plussed.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:37 - Jul 5 with 6846 viewsHerbivore

Got to be Watership Down, genuinely traumatizing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:48 - Jul 5 with 6819 viewsTractorJack

If you want to include documentaries, Dear Zachary is guaranteed tears.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:58 - Jul 5 with 6806 viewsBent_double

AI

Bit long, but tugs at the old heart strings!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

on 20:00 - Jul 5 with 6801 views_

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:17 - Jul 5 by connorscontract

"Manchester by the Sea" is phenomenal. Definitely meets your criteria. No spoilers, but it's about a bereavement. And then more is revealed. It's very sad. Has a muted predominantly grey colour palette, and a recurring classical music motif which some people thought over did it.

"Fences" is also pretty sad.

"Hugo" has some great sad themes in amongst a generally more life affirming over-all message.

"Lost in Translation" is all about dislocation (cultural and emotional) and re-connection. Definitely has some moments which are meditations on sadness.

"Schindler's List", obviously, although there are glimpses of light.

Maybe "American Beauty", as well.

"Watership Down"?

It's "Manchester by the Sea" by miles, though. Ticks all your boxes.

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:02 - Jul 5 with 6793 viewstaximan

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:49 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

Some quality sounding suggestions!

last snows of spring
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:27 - Jul 5 with 6749 viewsTLA

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 19:36 - Jul 5 by Lord_Lucan

1/ ITFC season review.

2/ Dead mans shoes.

Dead Man's Shoes doesn't get to me as a sad film but it is just about the best British film ever made. Shane Meadows is a genius.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 6746 viewsgmanrom

I would recommend an old film called the champ.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:32 - Jul 5 with 6732 viewsLord_Lucan

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:27 - Jul 5 by TLA

Dead Man's Shoes doesn't get to me as a sad film but it is just about the best British film ever made. Shane Meadows is a genius.

It gets to me as I hate people being bullied, especially sub normal ones. I know everyone does but it really gets to me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:33 - Jul 5 with 6729 viewsCoastalblue

Million Dollar Baby

and if you're going with Clint then Gran Turismo is good as well.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:41 - Jul 5 with 6718 viewsgmanrom

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:29 - Jul 5 by gmanrom

I would recommend an old film called the champ.

Sorry didn't see someone else recommended The Champ but I would challenge even the most emotionless person to watch that and not cry.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:44 - Jul 5 with 6711 viewsemergencylime

I found Blue Valentine pretty bleak, not one to watch with a lass though

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 20:49 - Jul 5 with 6692 viewsSwansea_Blue

Call of the Wild. Used to get me when I was a kid, but then I slso blubbed at Bambi apparently.

Full film here :-(

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024