Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asmir Begovic 19:47 - May 30 with 6802 viewsLuk38644

Has re-joined Bournemouth for £10mil.

Brilliant signing for Bournemouth imo. Cracking goalkeeper and still only 29.

I remember his fleeting loan spell with us being a relative success.
Asmir Begovic on 19:52 - May 30 with 6076 viewsMullet

Most talented keeper I've seen in years here.

Depressing someone as tinpot as them can chuck around £10m too. Good move for him to get weekly football and help them bob around in the Prem again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Asmir Begovic on 19:56 - May 30 with 6044 viewsdavblue

Asmir Begovic on 19:52 - May 30 by Mullet

Depressing someone as tinpot as them can chuck around £10m too. Good move for him to get weekly football and help them bob around in the Prem again.

Let's face it 10 million is chicken feed in the prem now.
Asmir Begovic on 19:57 - May 30 with 6046 viewsLuk38644

£15mil for Ibe, £11mil for Afobe, £10mil for Begovic, £8mil for Mings, £8mil for Gradel, £8mil for Grabban.

Not bad for 'little Bournemouth'. Very depressing indeed.
Asmir Begovic on 20:20 - May 30 with 5933 viewsJ2BLUE

Asmir Begovic on 19:57 - May 30 by Luk38644

£15mil for Ibe, £11mil for Afobe, £10mil for Begovic, £8mil for Mings, £8mil for Gradel, £8mil for Grabban.

It's doubly depressing when we'll probably stop our pursuit of Huws as soon as a fee is mentioned. At least we'll be able to sign a few below average trialists to pad the squad out though. Exciting times.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Asmir Begovic on 20:21 - May 30 with 5926 viewsReuser_is_God

Asmir Begovic on 20:20 - May 30 by J2BLUE

It's doubly depressing when we'll probably stop our pursuit of Huws as soon as a fee is mentioned. At least we'll be able to sign a few below average trialists to pad the squad out though. Exciting times.

In Evans we trust!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Asmir Begovic on 21:46 - May 30 with 5770 viewsmickeyjb

The same Bournemouth that has a 12000 seater stadium ???
Asmir Begovic on 22:14 - May 30 with 5683 viewsIllinoisblue

Asmir Begovic on 20:21 - May 30 by Reuser_is_God

In Evans we trust!

Five-point plan don't forget!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Asmir Begovic on 22:33 - May 30 with 5627 viewsMJallday

isnt our record signing 4 million? and that was over 15 years ago?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Asmir Begovic on 22:35 - May 30 with 5618 viewsCoastalblue

Asmir Begovic on 22:33 - May 30 by MJallday

Don't forget the friendly

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Asmir Begovic on 22:51 - May 30 with 5584 viewsLuk38644

Asmir Begovic on 22:33 - May 30 by MJallday

Funny you mention Sereni as I was talking about him earlier tonight with a mate.

Yeah, £4.5million. That's a small fee even for most Championship sides.
Asmir Begovic on 00:12 - May 31 with 5509 viewsbournemouthblue

Asmir Begovic on 22:51 - May 30 by Luk38644

Funny you mention Sereni as I was talking about him earlier tonight with a mate.

Yeah, £4.5million. That's a small fee even for most Championship sides.

If we paid that now we'd be wetting ourselves

We could easily spend that on a Murphy replacement but I doubt we're even willing to go that high :(

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Asmir Begovic on 08:06 - May 31 with 5414 viewsBlueNomad

I think "tinpot" is relative. If you base it on stadium size then yes - but so are Monaco if you do. In terms of investment, structure, plan and recruitment then they are far from tinpot.

Based on the size of the connurbation down there, with only one serious rival, the potential with a new stadium would be massive.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 8:07]
Asmir Begovic on 08:08 - May 31 with 5404 viewsMullet

Asmir Begovic on 08:06 - May 31 by BlueNomad

I think "tinpot" is relative. If you base it on stadium size then yes - but so are Monaco if you do. In terms of investment, structure, plan and recruitment then they are far from tinpot.

Based on the size of the connurbation down there, with only one serious rival, the potential with a new stadium would be massive.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 8:07]

They're Wigan for middle class people. Cheating, unpleasant and unworthy of a spot at the top table. Seems to be a South Coast thing.

Asmir Begovic on 08:11 - May 31 with 5390 viewsBlueNomad

Asmir Begovic on 08:08 - May 31 by Mullet

They're Wigan for middle class people. Cheating, unpleasant and unworthy of a spot at the top table. Seems to be a South Coast thing.

Southampton unworthy? I think if you look below the surface you will find much of that area is far from middle class
Asmir Begovic on 08:14 - May 31 with 5381 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, it's a modern day fairytale...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Asmir Begovic on 08:20 - May 31 with 5370 viewsKieran_Knows

Very good signing for them that. I reckon they'll continue spending big this summer again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Asmir Begovic on 08:21 - May 31 with 5367 viewsMullet

Asmir Begovic on 08:11 - May 31 by BlueNomad

Southampton unworthy? I think if you look below the surface you will find much of that area is far from middle class

Nope, they're a proper club and completely different in terms of stature and history. The comparison only strengthens that.

Asmir Begovic on 08:42 - May 31 with 5330 viewsBrad_C_ITFC

Asmir Begovic on 08:21 - May 31 by Mullet

Nope, they're a proper club and completely different in terms of stature and history. The comparison only strengthens that.

Bournemouth certainly has some middle class areas, but AFCB are currently in Boscombe which is one of the most deprived areas in the South West, and supposedly within the 0.4% of most deprived areas in England...

They are seeking a new site though, although not necessarily through choice.
Asmir Begovic on 08:54 - May 31 with 5311 viewsMullet

Asmir Begovic on 08:42 - May 31 by Brad_C_ITFC

Bournemouth certainly has some middle class areas, but AFCB are currently in Boscombe which is one of the most deprived areas in the South West, and supposedly within the 0.4% of most deprived areas in England...

They are seeking a new site though, although not necessarily through choice.

No one builds a ground on prime land though either. City and United are both in two of the poorest areas possible, the move from Maine Rd was to maximise the potential to build etc.

Asmir Begovic on 09:22 - May 31 with 5282 viewsBrad_C_ITFC

Asmir Begovic on 08:54 - May 31 by Mullet

No one builds a ground on prime land though either. City and United are both in two of the poorest areas possible, the move from Maine Rd was to maximise the potential to build etc.

Yeah I take that, although City were fortunate that Manchester got the Commonwealth Games. The likes of Sheikh Mansour were always going to come sniffing around...

I think in Bournemouth's case, because the club was so small it only really pulled a certain demographic from that area. I think a fair few followed Saints because they had always been the bigger club in the area, but obviously times have changed.

Anyway, Begovic is a decent signing...
Asmir Begovic on 10:47 - May 31 with 5223 viewsBlueNomad

Asmir Begovic on 09:22 - May 31 by Brad_C_ITFC

Yeah I take that, although City were fortunate that Manchester got the Commonwealth Games. The likes of Sheikh Mansour were always going to come sniffing around...

I think in Bournemouth's case, because the club was so small it only really pulled a certain demographic from that area. I think a fair few followed Saints because they had always been the bigger club in the area, but obviously times have changed.

Anyway, Begovic is a decent signing...

I think they might build in the Matchams area out towards Ringwood, just off the A138.
Asmir Begovic on 10:58 - May 31 with 5209 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought he was excellent when he was here, it was a shame we didn't keep hold of him for longer than we did.

Interestingly, in the 6 games he played for us we were unbeaten, but despite that we only managed a return of 1.33 points per game, which is 0.2 points per game less than we got in the 38 games that ALB played. It's a funny old game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Asmir Begovic on 11:31 - May 31 with 5184 viewsBrad_C_ITFC

Asmir Begovic on 10:47 - May 31 by BlueNomad

I think they might build in the Matchams area out towards Ringwood, just off the A138.

Yeah, Chapel Gate has been mentioned, just down from Matchams...
Asmir Begovic on 11:56 - May 31 with 5156 viewsTheBlueBarca

Sadly Mullet, this is 2017 and Ipswich are the tinpot outfit whereas Bournemouth are a great footballing Premier League outfit with a great manager and aspiration to stay there. Hence why they can buy our best players, and we can only hope to sign ones they no longer want.

We don't even appear to be aspiring to stay in this league under Mucas Evans.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Asmir Begovic on 11:57 - May 31 with 5153 viewstractordownsouth

Don't get me started on the ' Little old Bournemouth's fairytale' guff...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024