Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs with male and female conversations? 21:22 - May 3 with 6282 viewsEdmunds5

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

Songs with male and female conversations? on 01:09 - May 4 with 2251 viewshoppy

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Songs with male and female conversations? on 07:53 - May 4 with 2205 viewsThrobbe

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Songs with male and female conversations? on 08:26 - May 4 with 2186 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with male and female conversations? on 23:15 - May 3 by feelingblue

It is easy to convince yourself that Vinegar Joe were good, after all they had the peerless Robert Palmer.

About 50 seconds of this awful sh1te will remind you how bad they were.

Look upon it as a sociological document rather than music - and Pete Gage was a commendably economic guitarist for the standards of the time. I saw them at a Reading Festival in the early 70s and Palmer did that reach across and rip off the girl singer's skirt to reveal a shorter skirt so you can blame them for giving Bucks Fizz ideas too (although they are probably not as much to blame as King Crimson's lyricist).

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Songs with male and female conversations? on 08:34 - May 4 with 2177 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Songs with male and female conversations? on 08:44 - May 4 with 2169 viewssoupytwist

Songs with male and female conversations? on 22:20 - May 3 by WeWereZombies

Jackson is the pinnacle of the oeuvre in my view. And, according to legend a mishearing of the lyrics was where Prefab Sprout got their name.
Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:00 - May 4 with 2161 viewsDebsyAngel

How about this forgotten one?

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:21 - May 4 with 2143 viewshoppy

Songs with male and female conversations? on 08:26 - May 4 by WeWereZombies

Look upon it as a sociological document rather than music - and Pete Gage was a commendably economic guitarist for the standards of the time. I saw them at a Reading Festival in the early 70s and Palmer did that reach across and rip off the girl singer's skirt to reveal a shorter skirt so you can blame them for giving Bucks Fizz ideas too (although they are probably not as much to blame as King Crimson's lyricist).

Did Bucks Fizz cover any of their material, or just the skirt thing?

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:28 - May 4 with 2138 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:21 - May 4 by hoppy

Did Bucks Fizz cover any of their material, or just the skirt thing?

I think just the skirt thing. I do not particularly want to hear Bucks Fizz reinventing pub rock (which is really what Vinegar Joe were - five years ahead of it's time) but the idea of them making a comeback with an album of Jacques Brel songs appeals to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:32 - May 4 with 2136 viewshoppy

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:28 - May 4 by WeWereZombies

I think just the skirt thing. I do not particularly want to hear Bucks Fizz reinventing pub rock (which is really what Vinegar Joe were - five years ahead of it's time) but the idea of them making a comeback with an album of Jacques Brel songs appeals to me.

And looking at that clip, did they also have John Cleese on bass guitar?

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:39 - May 4 with 2128 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:32 - May 4 by hoppy

And looking at that clip, did they also have John Cleese on bass guitar?

Not only that but they rejected Phil Collins when he auditioned for drummer (although he must have been in Genesis when he did, so perhaps we should blame them for his later success).

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:41 - May 4 with 2118 viewshoppy

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:39 - May 4 by WeWereZombies

Not only that but they rejected Phil Collins when he auditioned for drummer (although he must have been in Genesis when he did, so perhaps we should blame them for his later success).

They should be more damned than The Damned then...

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:45 - May 4 with 2106 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:41 - May 4 by hoppy

They should be more damned than The Damned then...

I read Phil Collins autobiography years ago, not sure why - perhaps my drummer brother recommended it to me, but he turned up to play drums on 'All Things Must Pass' and George Harrison said he couldn't but he could play congas, so he did.

Songs with male and female conversations? on 10:06 - May 4 with 2081 viewshoppy

Songs with male and female conversations? on 09:45 - May 4 by WeWereZombies

I read Phil Collins autobiography years ago, not sure why - perhaps my drummer brother recommended it to me, but he turned up to play drums on 'All Things Must Pass' and George Harrison said he couldn't but he could play congas, so he did.

I hadn't realised that, but thanks to this post, I've now got All Things Must Pass on, as it must be years since I last heard it all. Cheers.

Songs with male and female conversations? on 10:37 - May 4 with 2059 viewsfeelingblue

Songs with male and female conversations? on 08:26 - May 4 by WeWereZombies

Yes, Pete Gage was the guitarist in the Ram Jam Band, as in Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, so he had a background in a genre where the guitarists tended to be more disciplined and economic cf the great Steve Cropper.
Songs with male and female conversations? on 11:00 - May 4 with 2040 viewsGodzilla

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024