Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket sales 09:05 - Apr 11 with 2204 viewsshanelomax1

Now the early bird deadline has passed does anybody know how many tickets we have sold compared to this time last year?
Season ticket sales on 09:09 - Apr 11 with 2182 viewsPJH

Well I bought one this time last year and have bought one this time this year so in that respect it is exactly the same.

The deadline is next Monday BTW.
Season ticket sales on 09:10 - Apr 11 with 2181 viewsnbsiyag

EBD is 17th April (according to my letter)
Season ticket sales on 09:12 - Apr 11 with 2155 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Is there going to be a post every day now until August asking how season ticket sales are compared to this time last year?

It's almost as if some people are willing numbers to be down...
Season ticket sales on 09:13 - Apr 11 with 2154 viewsITFC_Forever

The Early Bird deadline hasn't passed.... it's next Monday 17th.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Season ticket sales on 09:34 - Apr 11 with 2075 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

The early bird is midday on Monday 17th.

Heard a couple of snippets that numbers aren't actually that much down as expected-the last I heard it was floating around the 1k mark as being down on last year (this was a couple of weeks ago though).

I am going to let my ST roll over and renew on the proviso that change is made this summer whether its Mick, Evans or both. If no change is made at all then I will cancel my season ticket simple as. Whether other people follow suit remains to be seen-am sure everyone is in very different situations regarding their season tickets and numbers will change all the time between now and the start of next season.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Season ticket sales on 10:19 - Apr 11 with 1980 viewsSarge

Season ticket sales on 09:12 - Apr 11 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Is there going to be a post every day now until August asking how season ticket sales are compared to this time last year?

It's almost as if some people are willing numbers to be down...

I should sincerely hope they are down since money is the only language thicky in charge seems to understand.
Season ticket sales on 11:21 - Apr 11 with 1891 viewsTractorWood

Season ticket sales on 09:34 - Apr 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

The early bird is midday on Monday 17th.

Heard a couple of snippets that numbers aren't actually that much down as expected-the last I heard it was floating around the 1k mark as being down on last year (this was a couple of weeks ago though).

I am going to let my ST roll over and renew on the proviso that change is made this summer whether its Mick, Evans or both. If no change is made at all then I will cancel my season ticket simple as. Whether other people follow suit remains to be seen-am sure everyone is in very different situations regarding their season tickets and numbers will change all the time between now and the start of next season.

This was my initial thought but you'll be charged the DD until you decide to cancel, which could be July/August? Cancel now and you'll save May and June.

No news is bad news in this context.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Season ticket sales on 11:27 - Apr 11 with 1871 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Season ticket sales on 11:21 - Apr 11 by TractorWood

This was my initial thought but you'll be charged the DD until you decide to cancel, which could be July/August? Cancel now and you'll save May and June.

Yeah I did think that but because so much is currently up in the air this summer I am thinking I might give it till xmas/January as I think we will see at least a change of manager this summer anyway so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

That is real last chance saloon though, the wrong appointment and no money this summer and I will gladly walk away from my season ticket-sucker for punishment I know!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket sales on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 1799 viewshoppy

Season ticket sales on 11:21 - Apr 11 by TractorWood

If it's prior to August, wouldn't they have to refund any monies taken prior to that, given that it is payment for a 'Season' ticket, and the season doesn't start until August?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Season ticket sales on 12:45 - Apr 11 with 1719 viewsTractorWood

Season ticket sales on 12:00 - Apr 11 by hoppy

If it's prior to August, wouldn't they have to refund any monies taken prior to that, given that it is payment for a 'Season' ticket, and the season doesn't start until August?

Yes buh, good point but they might try and argue that it auto renews on early bird so not cancelling by the early bird deadline is you 'renewing' for next season, so they carry on taking the DD?

Season ticket sales on 12:48 - Apr 11 with 1699 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket sales on 12:45 - Apr 11 by TractorWood

Yes buh, good point but they might try and argue that it auto renews on early bird so not cancelling by the early bird deadline is you 'renewing' for next season, so they carry on taking the DD?

If anything it should go the other way - once you carry on paying you are signing up for 12 payments and I'm sure the t's and c's would show you can't just cancel at any time and stop paying. It is a payment for a product split up to help the customer - not a subscription

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket sales on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 1657 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Season ticket sales on 12:48 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

If anything it should go the other way - once you carry on paying you are signing up for 12 payments and I'm sure the t's and c's would show you can't just cancel at any time and stop paying. It is a payment for a product split up to help the customer - not a subscription

I cancelled my season ticket mid-season a few years back when I went travelling and didnt have any problems-it may have changed since though?!?!

In an ideal world I don't really want to give my ticket up anyway-just want to see some change at the club this summer.

Season ticket sales on 13:22 - Apr 11 with 1578 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Season ticket sales on 10:19 - Apr 11 by Sarge

I should sincerely hope they are down since money is the only language thicky in charge seems to understand.

You want him to invest more money in the team so you're hoping there is less money coming in?
Season ticket sales on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 1548 viewsSarge

Season ticket sales on 13:22 - Apr 11 by King_ding_a_lin_g

You want him to invest more money in the team so you're hoping there is less money coming in?

He's not going to invest more money in the team regardless of how many tickets are sold. He didn't in January, the January before, or last summer.

ME has made one good decision in his time here and that was to hire Mick, who he's failed to support financially for his entire reign. I don't think he's going to change that approach so it's time for him, and Mick, to move on because frankly he's taking advantage of the fans.
Season ticket sales on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 1529 viewsBinner

I've heard they're almost into double figures.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Season ticket sales on 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1493 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Season ticket sales on 13:31 - Apr 11 by Sarge

He's not going to invest more money in the team regardless of how many tickets are sold. He didn't in January, the January before, or last summer.

ME has made one good decision in his time here and that was to hire Mick, who he's failed to support financially for his entire reign. I don't think he's going to change that approach so it's time for him, and Mick, to move on because frankly he's taking advantage of the fans.

Oh, shouldn't you be outside Portman Road with a banner then?
Season ticket sales on 13:53 - Apr 11 with 1438 viewsSarge

Season ticket sales on 13:38 - Apr 11 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Oh, shouldn't you be outside Portman Road with a banner then?

No because as previously mentioned that won't be speaking ME's language.
Season ticket sales on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 1419 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Season ticket sales on 13:53 - Apr 11 by Sarge

No because as previously mentioned that won't be speaking ME's language.

He'll probably just sell one of our decent players (Bart) to fund any gap from this supposed drop in season tickets.
Season ticket sales on 14:08 - Apr 11 with 1390 viewsSarge

Season ticket sales on 14:01 - Apr 11 by King_ding_a_lin_g

He'll probably just sell one of our decent players (Bart) to fund any gap from this supposed drop in season tickets.

Quite possibly. But then I won't be at the games to have to watch us struggle without him!
Season ticket sales on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 1358 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket sales on 12:48 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

Agree with Joe here. The T&Cs have you committing to buy a product, just over 12 months rather than in a one off chunk.

The only reason the club haven't chased those cancelling part-way through is they are so small in number that the bad press it could generate isn't worth it. If they wanted, they could demand payment for the whole amount as you've signed up to pay it.

They'll extend the EBD into the summer and Mick's future will be resolved in May.
Season ticket sales on 15:28 - Apr 11 with 1270 viewsTractorWood

Season ticket sales on 14:23 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

Agree with Joe here. The T&Cs have you committing to buy a product, just over 12 months rather than in a one off chunk.

The only reason the club haven't chased those cancelling part-way through is they are so small in number that the bad press it could generate isn't worth it. If they wanted, they could demand payment for the whole amount as you've signed up to pay it.

They'll extend the EBD into the summer and Mick's future will be resolved in May.

Equally it's not commercial to the pursue the volume of people who may choose to cancel their D/Ds.

Season ticket sales on 15:43 - Apr 11 with 1241 viewsTheBlueBarca

I think the club is expecting a moderate slide in line with the season before but nothing that the price rises probably wouldn't cover for the season - assuming they are also going to cut the squad down and keep the transfer budget limited for the new season.

I am genuinely surprised anyone is renewing and endorsing what's happening at the Club mind. It's clear to me that no change is coming and it's more than likely this will result in our relegation sooner rather than later.

I think if there was a huge drop in numbers, I am talking to under 10k, then they'd have to rethink their strategy but while people are willing to pay for them to continue as they are, there's absolutely no incentive for them to even try and it's obvious reading between the lines that we shouldn't be expecting anything other than more of the same.

People may scream at those not going and blame them for the lack of funds but I really think do think it works both ways. If you sell a bad product and people still buy it, even if you know it's a bad product you won't change it so long as the sales are coming in. Why should they change if you're going to hand over money anyway regardless of how bad it is?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024