Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket 23:10 - Mar 18 with 5517 viewsSpuddy

While I understand that the football this season has been shambolic, and that the increase in season ticket prices is "regretable". I must ask. Can the fans that say they will not be renewing their season ticket truly call themselves fans? Do you truly love this club? I am sure that many of you will say yes, so why will you not be renewing your season ticket for next season. If you do truly love this club you will come to the games, sing your heart out and,most importantly, support the club through and through. "Follow the town, up and down", a lyric which is played before every home game. At the moment only a small percentage of the fans can sing that lyric with total honesty.

I can totally understand why some fans may not want to pay £400 to watch crap football. But saying that what the players need right now is a strong and united fanbase to help get back on their feet. They need this now more than ever considering the situation that we're currently in. Let's be honest ME isn't going anywhere soon, and therefore we must do everything we can to help get this club back to the top flight. If ME wont do it, we will have to try.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 0:30]

Poll: Predictions for next season

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:12 - Mar 18 with 3907 viewspointofblue

In any relationship there's a line where you have to call it a day because it's causing more harm than good. For many I think that line has been reached with the football club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:16 - Mar 18 with 3875 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sorry bud but even though I'll be renewing, the last 48 hours showed me I too have a limit.

Whilst I'm not there yet, and hope I never would be, I 100% can see where people are coming from by not renewing.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:19 - Mar 18 with 3857 viewstractorboy1978

Anyone that blindly renews straight away is part of the problem. We have to try and force ME's hand.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:23 - Mar 18 with 3829 viewsPlums

Unfortunately the 'club' you mention is no longer one that many of us recognise. We can only force change by not endorsing the way it operates.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:27 - Mar 18 with 3804 viewsJ2BLUE

Troll or idiot?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A message to the on 00:01 - Mar 19 with 3718 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

After 48 years of going to matches matey, i,ve reached my tipping point. Won,t be renewing mine. I just can,t justify spunking 400 odd quid on that s#ite any longer, & yes, i do "truly love this club".

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 00:05 - Mar 19 with 3692 viewsSarge

Hi Ian
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 01:01 - Mar 19 with 3602 viewsgainsboroughblue

Dunno about anyone else but I find the "fans" thing pretty insulting.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 02:38 - Mar 19 with 3502 viewsconnorscontract

Whilst it's nice that you made an effort, you've well and truly missed the mark there.

You're saying "you'll lose your "True Fan" status".

And most Season Ticket holders are saying: "And???"

The relationship has been severed. Lots of people are beyond caring.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 03:04 - Mar 19 with 3478 viewsBrettenhamBlue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 02:38 - Mar 19 by connorscontract

Whilst it's nice that you made an effort, you've well and truly missed the mark there.

You're saying "you'll lose your "True Fan" status".

And most Season Ticket holders are saying: "And???"

The relationship has been severed. Lots of people are beyond caring.

The analogy to a relationship isa good one.

Would you stay in a relationship regardless of how your partner behaves, whilst feeling you have nothing in common with them anymore?

The ITFC I fell in love with isn't this one, and hasn't been for many years. At what point do you say enough is enough?

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 05:26 - Mar 19 with 3406 viewsBenters

Good morning Ian

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:18 - Mar 19 with 3317 viewswitchdoctor

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 05:26 - Mar 19 by Benters

Good morning Ian

ha ha...indeed...strange that just about the only posters who are urging renewal, and slagging off those that have had enough are relatively new members with none or very little previous post history...
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:20 - Mar 19 with 3299 viewsReuser_is_God

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 01:01 - Mar 19 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah, those awful fans who bought shares when the club was in the sh1t, those fans who still go despite a whole decade of sh1t from ME.

Awful human beings.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 19 with 3293 viewsReuser_is_God

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:27 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Troll or idiot?

Or Truce?

Evans out

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 19 with 3297 viewsTractorWood

You used "fans" so I didn't read your post. Enjoy the empty ground, you're part of the problem if you blindly renew.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:22 - Mar 19 with 3287 viewsReuser_is_God

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:19 - Mar 18 by tractorboy1978

Anyone that blindly renews straight away is part of the problem. We have to try and force ME's hand.

This x1000

It's the main reason I won't renew & will encourage others not too either.

Evans out

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:25 - Mar 19 with 3269 viewsBenters

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:18 - Mar 19 by witchdoctor

ha ha...indeed...strange that just about the only posters who are urging renewal, and slagging off those that have had enough are relatively new members with none or very little previous post history...

Indeed!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:25 - Mar 19 with 3270 viewstiptreeblue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 19 by Reuser_is_God

Or Truce?

What`s the difference? lol
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:27 - Mar 19 with 3255 viewsTractorWood

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 01:01 - Mar 19 by gainsboroughblue

In my experience it's used by condescending and vitriolic fans. Normally the type of people who complain when we have a ticket offer that 'why don't you come when it's expensive?'

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A message to the on 07:41 - Mar 19 with 3201 viewsgerard1947

No idea how many games I've seen but it's got to be well over 1000. We've not decided yet what we'll do. We're going to see what happens but it's probable that we will hang on to our money.

It's sad .. ITFC has been a major part of my life as long as I can remember. It makes me angry to see what is happening to our club. I've found my self getting frustrated having witnessed boring, negative nothing football. Anger and frustration are 2 emotions I can do without especially paying good money to feel them.

Trouble is Marcus Evans doesn't see us as fans, we are punters to him, a resource that's there to be exploited. If Mick goes as he surely must, Evans will pick a replacement that will benefit him financially, something to get the punters to part with some cash and buy tickets. Good uck with that ME, we'll need a magician.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 7:42]
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:51 - Mar 19 with 3153 viewsjas0999

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:12 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

In any relationship there's a line where you have to call it a day because it's causing more harm than good. For many I think that line has been reached with the football club.

Excellent post. Little more to add. Spot on.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 08:49 - Mar 19 with 2997 viewsDolly2.0

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 23:27 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Troll or idiot?

Or just someone who has a different opinion to you.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 08:52 - Mar 19 with 2970 viewstextbackup

🖕

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 08:58 - Mar 19 with 2947 viewsVaughan8

As someone said, blindly renewing is part of the problem and the fans so far have been pretty loyal. That's what they count on!

I'm not just saying this, but not going to the football may open your eyes to other things. Go and watch a non league match, go and do something else at 3pm on a Saturday.
It's not for all, but you might prefer it!

Even if you don't buy a season ticket, you can get a half season ticket at Christmas time, if you really miss it or we are doing well and you dont want to miss games. Or buying tickets on a game by game basis, if you go to only 15, you are still better off money wise.
Get your head out of the sand on 09:02 - Mar 19 with 2915 viewsDyland

The players, aside from a select few, don't give two sh1ts. They are modern professional footballers. Not all, but a good handful aren't bothered anywhere like in the same way we are. Notable exception like Smith and Chambers aside.

Read Scuzzers and Rommers recent posts about the ST pricing impact in the real world, and the team attitude. Along with me, they are "real fans". And two out of three will not be renewing.

I've said elsewhere I'll get behind the team, we can help in this relegation scrap. I'll always support the team, no matter what. But I won't behave like a lemming and pay whilst we slide inexorably over the cliff.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024