Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket 23:10 - Mar 18 with 5522 viewsSpuddy

While I understand that the football this season has been shambolic, and that the increase in season ticket prices is "regretable". I must ask. Can the fans that say they will not be renewing their season ticket truly call themselves fans? Do you truly love this club? I am sure that many of you will say yes, so why will you not be renewing your season ticket for next season. If you do truly love this club you will come to the games, sing your heart out and,most importantly, support the club through and through. "Follow the town, up and down", a lyric which is played before every home game. At the moment only a small percentage of the fans can sing that lyric with total honesty.

I can totally understand why some fans may not want to pay £400 to watch crap football. But saying that what the players need right now is a strong and united fanbase to help get back on their feet. They need this now more than ever considering the situation that we're currently in. Let's be honest ME isn't going anywhere soon, and therefore we must do everything we can to help get this club back to the top flight. If ME wont do it, we will have to try.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 0:30]

Poll: Predictions for next season

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 20:37 - Mar 19 with 1564 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 19 by TractorWood

You used "fans" so I didn't read your post. Enjoy the empty ground, you're part of the problem if you blindly renew.

Just seen this and wondered how it works with direct debit renewers. I can't remember having to confirm I wanted to renew at the start of the season - think it was automatic?

The reason I ask is I would want to have Evans sweating by not renewing straight away.. but if it's automatic, what would I have to do to affective cancel during pre season only to get one anyway?

Anyone know?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 20:46 - Mar 19 with 1545 viewsReuser_is_God

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 20:37 - Mar 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Just seen this and wondered how it works with direct debit renewers. I can't remember having to confirm I wanted to renew at the start of the season - think it was automatic?

The reason I ask is I would want to have Evans sweating by not renewing straight away.. but if it's automatic, what would I have to do to affective cancel during pre season only to get one anyway?

Anyone know?

If you cancel then changed your mind later you'd just pay for your ST over 10 (or however long you leave it to renew) months instead of 12.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A message to the on 21:48 - Mar 19 with 1498 viewsTexaco73

Spuddy, your persistence to endure is laudable. However, I cannot agree with your sentiment.
Under your premise, I am not a fan and do not love the club.
This is correct in part.

Being a "fan" does not necessarily mean following something when it is evident that continuing to do so, is only extending and exacerbating the problem.

Change is needed, and I no longer 'feel the love'. Marcus Evans destroyed the club I love many seasons ago..

It's not for anyone on this board to tell you how to spend your money or that you should or shouldn't go and give your support. However it is equally a fair action of a "fan" to withhold their financial support to try and enforce some change.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 21:49]
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 21:54 - Mar 19 with 1479 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 20:46 - Mar 19 by Reuser_is_God

If you cancel then changed your mind later you'd just pay for your ST over 10 (or however long you leave it to renew) months instead of 12.

Oh I see

Cheers

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:57 - Mar 20 with 1405 viewsKeaneish

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:22 - Mar 19 by Reuser_is_God

This x1000

It's the main reason I won't renew & will encourage others not too either.

I'm in this camp and follow this school of thought. ME's name is emblazoned all over this club. It's time to start hitting his pocket by not attending and embarrassing his brand's name. A visibly empty stadium owned by a corporate sports hospitality magnate won't take long for the media to exploit.

I think between now and the Sheffield Wednesday game, there should be a concerted effort to boycott the game. A final day lap of honour to an empty stadium is as damning as we can physically make it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:27 - Mar 20 with 1388 viewswkj

I think more and more the lines between "Fan" and "Mug" is becoming blurred. I am very much falling out of love with football, and that isn't just because we are poor, but because of how much further the devide is becoming between clubs and fans as a whole; and while I don't think anyone is a Mug for renewing, I think clubs see supporters as mugs given some of the Chairman antics of recent years.

In short, No one is less of a fan for not renewing in my opinion, it's been an abusive relationship the last few seasons, some people have a simply have a higher pain threshold than others.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:32 - Mar 20 with 1386 viewsoldbluey

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:57 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

I'm in this camp and follow this school of thought. ME's name is emblazoned all over this club. It's time to start hitting his pocket by not attending and embarrassing his brand's name. A visibly empty stadium owned by a corporate sports hospitality magnate won't take long for the media to exploit.

I think between now and the Sheffield Wednesday game, there should be a concerted effort to boycott the game. A final day lap of honour to an empty stadium is as damning as we can physically make it.

I walked past the former "Ticket Collection Point" in Constantine Rd on Friday. The rotting woodwork and dereliction of that area says all we need to know about Evans' attitude to our club now.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 10:18 - Mar 20 with 1329 viewseMeM

I have never been at Portman Road. Not sure if I want to go, it's so far away. I'm a fan from Poland since 1991. I don't buy Ipswich merchandise. No money from me since Marcus Evans is in the club. Still I feel I'm entitled to name myself as a Ipswich fan no matter what others think.
Login to get fewer ads

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 10:21 - Mar 20 with 1318 viewsTJS

To be fair I think most of those saying they will not renew are not saying they will never set foot in PR again.
I think it’s more they won’t be going to EVERY home match while the current regime is in charge.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 10:23 - Mar 20 with 1308 viewsDeano69

Do you have to attend games to be a fan?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 10:36 - Mar 20 with 1294 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Another option is to not attend the home games and then take full allocations to away games.

This shows our dedication to the cause and a firm statement to ME and his regime.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 11:25 - Mar 20 with 1265 viewsblueblood66

40 years a fan , a ST holder EVERY season since 1991. Get shut.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 11:46 - Mar 20 with 1240 viewsDeano69

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 11:25 - Mar 20 by blueblood66

40 years a fan , a ST holder EVERY season since 1991. Get shut.

Renewing?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:25 - Mar 20 with 1196 views12th_Man

Vert well said I I am a town fan for life and will be renewing my ST

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:27 - Mar 20 with 1194 views12th_Man

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 07:21 - Mar 19 by TractorWood

You used "fans" so I didn't read your post. Enjoy the empty ground, you're part of the problem if you blindly renew.

Rather have ground half full with loyal fans then full with moaning fans

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:54 - Mar 20 with 1178 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:27 - Mar 20 by 12th_Man

I just knew someone would play the loyalty card

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 14:03 - Mar 20 with 1164 viewsAdmiralFunge

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:54 - Mar 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I just knew someone would play the loyalty card

That clown doesn't even know our history, Rommers.

Pay him absolutely no attention.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 14:05 - Mar 20 with 1163 viewswkj

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 13:27 - Mar 20 by 12th_Man

This is quite unique considering you spent pretty much every day of the last transfer window moaning about making no signings. Also, it is important to state that a moaning fan doesn't mean they are not a loyal fan.

I respect everyone who is going to renew, but like I (poorly) mentioned in my last post on this thread, I also respect those who don't - as the club are trying to treat them as mugs by not adjusting their pricing to reflect the down turn in stature

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 14:18 - Mar 20 with 1136 viewsDeano69

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 10:23 - Mar 20 by Deano69

Do you have to attend games to be a fan?

Thanks for the down arrow 12th Man, happy to hear your reasoning.

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 1111 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 14:03 - Mar 20 by AdmiralFunge

That clown doesn't even know our history, Rommers.

Pay him absolutely no attention.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that

Lol

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 15:57 - Mar 20 with 1086 viewsBenters

It hasnt been full (ish ) since the Nodge playoff game !

Hell even i paid £32.50 to get in ffs !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:26 - Mar 21 with 973 viewsbrogansnose

Do you seriously think that those of us who are not renewing are taking this decision lightly ?

I've been wracked over this and its something that I really don't want to do but on balance feel I have to. Most of us have spent years arranging family, work, holidays and spending a fortune following this club around the country.

You might be happy to keep sucking it up but I'm not any longer. You sir can do one. I don't need your emotional blackmail.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:30 - Mar 21 with 968 viewsBenters

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:26 - Mar 21 by brogansnose

Do you seriously think that those of us who are not renewing are taking this decision lightly ?

I've been wracked over this and its something that I really don't want to do but on balance feel I have to. Most of us have spent years arranging family, work, holidays and spending a fortune following this club around the country.

You might be happy to keep sucking it up but I'm not any longer. You sir can do one. I don't need your emotional blackmail.

Dont talk to Mr.Milne like that !

Gentlybentley

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:37 - Mar 21 with 964 viewsbrogansnose

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:30 - Mar 21 by Benters

Dont talk to Mr.Milne like that !

Or Spud, as he is now known.
A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:41 - Mar 21 with 958 viewsBenters

A message to the "Fans" who will not be renewing their season ticket on 06:37 - Mar 21 by brogansnose

Or Spud, as he is now known.

Indeed !

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024