Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub 17:18 - Jan 2 with 4257 viewsJakeITFC

But that's not surprising.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 18:53 - Jan 2 with 1421 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:41 - Jan 2 by maccyd9

Nah b@llocks Jake.

No desire to win the game.

Horrible performance against a woeful QPR side.

Don't think that's true.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:06 - Jan 2 with 1387 viewsElderGrizzly

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:40 - Jan 2 by JakeITFC

Yes, I would say that is wrong.

So you're saying Phil who was there was wrong and, from what i've read, i assume you weren't but you're right?
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:07 - Jan 2 with 1385 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:06 - Jan 2 by ElderGrizzly

So you're saying Phil who was there was wrong and, from what i've read, i assume you weren't but you're right?

I watched the game, but assume away.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:11 - Jan 2 with 1364 viewsElderGrizzly

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:07 - Jan 2 by JakeITFC

I watched the game, but assume away.

Just with you not attending home games, it wasn't a bad assumption to make ;)

I'll let Phil respond later on, but it seems all the 'neutral' reports agree with him too.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 1357 viewsjas0999

Douglas offers nothing.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:15 - Jan 2 with 1350 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:11 - Jan 2 by ElderGrizzly

Just with you not attending home games, it wasn't a bad assumption to make ;)

I'll let Phil respond later on, but it seems all the 'neutral' reports agree with him too.

Not attending home games? You've lost me sorry.

I just think we've played well and been done by a sucker punch and that's it. The Douglas sub is an easy way out.
Spot on on 19:20 - Jan 2 with 1331 viewsDyland

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 18:33 - Jan 2 by sundaze

Just got home from the match. Only MM could be happy to try for a single point when his team are so much on top of the game. Best football at times today that Town have played all season, Dids was superb until he tired. it was obvious once Douglas came on that MM would be happy with a single point, I turned to my son and said "if we lose this now MM has nowhere to hide". I don't blame Douglas, I blame MM for his negative attitude.

I admire Mick's thick skin but he's stubborn to the detriment of our chances of success. There are some rude idiots who follow every football club but even the more ignorant football heads can see it. No need to jeer or yell abuse. But come ooooonnnnn, ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:38 - Jan 2 with 1274 viewsElderGrizzly

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:15 - Jan 2 by JakeITFC

Not attending home games? You've lost me sorry.

I just think we've played well and been done by a sucker punch and that's it. The Douglas sub is an easy way out.

Sorry, i've mixed you up with a numpty of the same name. Genuine apologies.

The Douglas sub for me and it seems plenty of journalists covering the game, seemed to mean we slowed down the tempo and momentum we had built.

He didn't cost us the game, the Berra and Webster mistakes did, but the choice of sub let QPR off the hook when they were wobbling.

I just think a manager with more confidence would have made a braver sub at that time. Ward into the middle, where he has played a lot, and Sears out wide. Or maybe time for another, using Mick's own words, "20 minute masterclass" from Dozzell.

As a one off, everything that happened today was not a big issue for me. It's a pattern from MM over the seasons of defensive subs when we have the opportunity for 1 not 3 points.

We played some really good stuff today, tried something different, kept the ball on the ground for the main, but ended up back af 442 with Douglas and Skuse.

My view is still Mick is gone at the end of the season at the latest. Mick won't want the hassle and Evans will need to act when ST sales struggle to break 10,000.
Login to get fewer ads

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 20:17 - Jan 2 with 1213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:41 - Jan 2 by maccyd9

Nah b@llocks Jake.

No desire to win the game.

Horrible performance against a woeful QPR side.

Horrible performance?

Nah we must've been watching different matches. Sh1t result yes. Sh1t performance definetely not.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:12 - Jan 2 with 1144 viewsnshearman1

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 19:38 - Jan 2 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, i've mixed you up with a numpty of the same name. Genuine apologies.

The Douglas sub for me and it seems plenty of journalists covering the game, seemed to mean we slowed down the tempo and momentum we had built.

He didn't cost us the game, the Berra and Webster mistakes did, but the choice of sub let QPR off the hook when they were wobbling.

I just think a manager with more confidence would have made a braver sub at that time. Ward into the middle, where he has played a lot, and Sears out wide. Or maybe time for another, using Mick's own words, "20 minute masterclass" from Dozzell.

As a one off, everything that happened today was not a big issue for me. It's a pattern from MM over the seasons of defensive subs when we have the opportunity for 1 not 3 points.

We played some really good stuff today, tried something different, kept the ball on the ground for the main, but ended up back af 442 with Douglas and Skuse.

My view is still Mick is gone at the end of the season at the latest. Mick won't want the hassle and Evans will need to act when ST sales struggle to break 10,000.

I wasn't there - too many disappointments already this season - but this post seems eminently sensible to me from what I heard and read. Yes, defensive errors cost us. But the key here is momentum. Momentum is a big factor in winning matches, and the substitutions cost us.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:22 - Jan 2 with 1125 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:12 - Jan 2 by nshearman1

I wasn't there - too many disappointments already this season - but this post seems eminently sensible to me from what I heard and read. Yes, defensive errors cost us. But the key here is momentum. Momentum is a big factor in winning matches, and the substitutions cost us.

It's a fine idea, and a lot of the Douglas hate from today appears to have been pre-rehearsed, but I don't think that was the case in this match.

We were on top before the sub, we were on top after it and we were done by a sloppy ball and a punt over the top. Blaming Douglas (or rather, his introduction) is so, so lazy.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:25 - Jan 2 with 1115 viewsElderGrizzly

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:22 - Jan 2 by JakeITFC

It's a fine idea, and a lot of the Douglas hate from today appears to have been pre-rehearsed, but I don't think that was the case in this match.

We were on top before the sub, we were on top after it and we were done by a sloppy ball and a punt over the top. Blaming Douglas (or rather, his introduction) is so, so lazy.

I've defended Douglas most of the season (and last) and been mocked by a number on this thread for it.

His introduction vs others available just made it harder for us to win, combined with our tempo dropping away in the last 10 minutes.

He didn't lose us the game and anyone saying so is rather silly
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:39 - Jan 2 with 1092 viewsazuremerlangus

I was there today and the frustration at the result can easily be vented at Douglas - he has brought nothing to the team every time I've seen him play. Webster didn't look very confident all afternoon and the 5/3 across the back in the first half did nothing to help this.

The subs smacked of the favourites getting their appearance money rather than any real tactical epiphany.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:40 - Jan 2 with 1084 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:25 - Jan 2 by ElderGrizzly

I've defended Douglas most of the season (and last) and been mocked by a number on this thread for it.

His introduction vs others available just made it harder for us to win, combined with our tempo dropping away in the last 10 minutes.

He didn't lose us the game and anyone saying so is rather silly

I'm not defending Douglas or McCarthy though, that's my point.

The reaction is borne entirely out of pre-conceived opinion and it is actually damaging the arguments of people who want change.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:42 - Jan 2 with 1063 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 21:39 - Jan 2 by azuremerlangus

I was there today and the frustration at the result can easily be vented at Douglas - he has brought nothing to the team every time I've seen him play. Webster didn't look very confident all afternoon and the 5/3 across the back in the first half did nothing to help this.

The subs smacked of the favourites getting their appearance money rather than any real tactical epiphany.

Blimey the conspiracy theorists are out in force tonight aren't they?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 1031 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, brilliant

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 1017 viewsartsbossbeard

You need to read that last paragraph back to yourself and then realise how idiotic it sounds.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024