Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will McK do tomorrow? 23:59 - Apr 9 with 1991 viewsAviator

Haven't got a clue. He could make any number of changes. But for me, Hutch has to either start in the middle or on the bench.

I would also favour Ali starting with Moore used as an impact sub if required.

Clarke could come in, but perhaps he could be used as a double sub with Hutch for maximum right-side impact.

If he does start with the artillery (Moore), I would like him to bring on the calvary (Ali) much earlier, even at half time!
What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:03 - Apr 10 with 1951 viewsStewart27

Or rest Morsy for the play offs?
What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:11 - Apr 10 with 1922 viewsGarv

Reckon Moore will play if fit.

I don't think you can drop Chaplin for a home game or play him anywhere else, so he plays, and unless you want to start Jackson then Hutchinson has to play too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Harness or Sarmiento on the left. Maybe Taylor in place of Luongo if we want to be really front footed early on but I wouldn't put money on it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:13 - Apr 10 with 1919 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We need to be positive from the start.

Clarke in for Tuanzebe.

Al Hamadi in for Moore. I think Moore was suffering on Sat, and it impacted the whole team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:19 - Apr 10 with 1889 viewsAviator

What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:03 - Apr 10 by Stewart27

Or rest Morsy for the play offs?

Asumung he doesn’t get booked tomorrow, that decision can be deferred until just before the Hull game.
What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:20 - Apr 10 with 1881 viewsAviator

What will McK do tomorrow? on 00:13 - Apr 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

We need to be positive from the start.

Clarke in for Tuanzebe.

Al Hamadi in for Moore. I think Moore was suffering on Sat, and it impacted the whole team.

Totally agree.
What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 1464 viewsGuthrum

Starting Hutchinson in the middle means sacrificing Chaplin. McKenna has only done that twice in the League (once enforced) and against relatively weak opposition. Millwall were then in 21st and on a poor run, about to sack their manager, SheffWed in 23rd. Watford are around mid-table and quite tough. I think we'd miss Chaplin's terrier-like persistence.

That, or using Hutchinson and Clarke as impact subs, leaves the right side with Tuanzebe and Jackson. Not our strongest combination, attackingly. Makes more sense if Burns had been available.

The al-Hamadi/Moore switch is fine, except that we are managing an ongoing niggle with the former. Having to play two-thirds of the Southampton match was a risk. Also think he's better exploiting mentally and physically tired defences later in the game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:44 - Apr 10 with 1427 viewsHerbivore

Start with Moore. They won't enjoy his physicality and Al-Hamadi will more more effective coming on against tired legs. Really can't see any argument for starting Al-Hamadi and then bringing Moore on.

Hutchinson has played a lot lately so I'd be tempted to not start him and go with Jackson. He's closest to a like for like replacement for Burns and his pace gives us a threat whilst also giving us some cover for quick counters from them.

Chaplin and Broadhead generally do better at home so I'd start them both with Hutch and Sarmiento coming on for the last half hour to run them ragged and finish the game off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 1416 viewsSomethingBlue

Jackson could be good for a start as we need to match their energy, width and legs on the flanks. Argument for Clarke but also a chance this particular opponent will expose him. Taylor needs to come into the midfield, I think. Wouldn't be totally stunned if we saw Harness the more I think about it. Al-Hamadi hasn't really got a start in him, we're lucky to be getting what we are from him at the moment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1397 viewspointofblue

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:44 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Start with Moore. They won't enjoy his physicality and Al-Hamadi will more more effective coming on against tired legs. Really can't see any argument for starting Al-Hamadi and then bringing Moore on.

Hutchinson has played a lot lately so I'd be tempted to not start him and go with Jackson. He's closest to a like for like replacement for Burns and his pace gives us a threat whilst also giving us some cover for quick counters from them.

Chaplin and Broadhead generally do better at home so I'd start them both with Hutch and Sarmiento coming on for the last half hour to run them ragged and finish the game off.

I'd go with this. Use the likes of Clarke, Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Al-Hamidi as finishers to stretch the game at the end.

My big question is Travis or Taylor alongside Morsy in the middle, as I do think Luongo needs a break. Should Taylor be used as another finisher or do we play him from the start?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What will McK do tomorrow? on 10:13 - Apr 10 with 1347 viewsAviator

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:37 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

Starting Hutchinson in the middle means sacrificing Chaplin. McKenna has only done that twice in the League (once enforced) and against relatively weak opposition. Millwall were then in 21st and on a poor run, about to sack their manager, SheffWed in 23rd. Watford are around mid-table and quite tough. I think we'd miss Chaplin's terrier-like persistence.

That, or using Hutchinson and Clarke as impact subs, leaves the right side with Tuanzebe and Jackson. Not our strongest combination, attackingly. Makes more sense if Burns had been available.

The al-Hamadi/Moore switch is fine, except that we are managing an ongoing niggle with the former. Having to play two-thirds of the Southampton match was a risk. Also think he's better exploiting mentally and physically tired defences later in the game.

Re Hutchinson's two starts in the middle: How did they work out? 6-0 and 4-0. Let's take Watford apart from minute 1 and not leave it until minute 75!
What will McK do tomorrow? on 11:31 - Apr 10 with 1168 viewsGuthrum

What will McK do tomorrow? on 10:13 - Apr 10 by Aviator

Re Hutchinson's two starts in the middle: How did they work out? 6-0 and 4-0. Let's take Watford apart from minute 1 and not leave it until minute 75!

But, as I said, not the strongest opposition. Watford are somewhat tougher under their new boss.

What will McK do tomorrow? on 12:41 - Apr 10 with 1075 viewshoppy

Is the answer "Exactly what we need"?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What will McK do tomorrow? on 13:04 - Apr 10 with 992 viewsibbleobble

3 subs: Clarke, Taylor and Sarmiento for Tuanzebe, Luongo and Broadhead.
What will McK do tomorrow? on 13:17 - Apr 10 with 954 viewshype313

I read that as McCarthy, so was expecting a midfield duo of Kevin Bru and Jay Tabb pulling the strings in Midfield tonight.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What will McK do tomorrow? on 13:24 - Apr 10 with 931 viewsNthQldITFC

What will McK do tomorrow? on 09:48 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

I'd go with this. Use the likes of Clarke, Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Al-Hamidi as finishers to stretch the game at the end.

My big question is Travis or Taylor alongside Morsy in the middle, as I do think Luongo needs a break. Should Taylor be used as another finisher or do we play him from the start?

Me too, although if Clarke is close to fully fit now I think I'd start him. And Travis I think eases the defensive pressure on Morsy a little (I'd also rest Luongo) so start with Travis, but Taylor gets an early entry probably at half time for me. Travis can go absolutely mental work-rate-wise for 45 minutes then, and take any bookings that might otherwise be coming Morsy's way!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What will McK do tomorrow? on 13:48 - Apr 10 with 836 viewshoppy

What will McK do tomorrow? on 13:17 - Apr 10 by hype313

I read that as McCarthy, so was expecting a midfield duo of Kevin Bru and Jay Tabb pulling the strings in Midfield tonight.

He's fantastic, is Tabby.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What will McK do tomorrow? on 19:00 - Apr 10 with 623 viewsGuthrum

What will McK do tomorrow? on 10:13 - Apr 10 by Aviator

Well, McKenna has gone for your suggestion!

What will McK do tomorrow? on 19:43 - Apr 10 with 559 viewsAviator

What will McK do tomorrow? on 19:00 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

Well, McKenna has gone for your suggestion!

I’m not normally wrong. He’s picked the right line up. Stand by for an absolute spanking

Must fly!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024