Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. 11:09 - Apr 9 with 1324 viewsFrimleyBlue

I reckon there has to be a few changes.
A fully fit lineup picks itself.. but we've no clue who's fit or not who's poorly who's injured.

We need at least one of Chaplin or broadhead to be on it. If one is we can manage with the other having an average game but when both are bad we lose our threat.
Right side.. massive decision for KM
Hutchinson. Not been the same. But I think that's more down to partner than himself. He needs clarkes overlaps. Without them he's got 2 defenders blocking his byline choice or one blocking his invert choice so this is key.
Uptop. Guess it will be moore.

Big big game. At home. I think we will treat both games like we went into the exeter game last season. Get at them. Get some goals get the win. Sub and get ready for next game.

Watford will be tough but if we are on it. We can take the game to anyone.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 11:21 - Apr 9 with 1260 viewsDinDjarin

Chaplin has been not at his best last 3 games, Broady similar

Tough decision but would start them and expect a reaction after Saturday.

Hutch was immense playing in Chaplins role v SW but got pushed out left wing next match to accommodate an under performing Chaplin.

Starting 11 v Norwich should have been the finishing 11 v Southampton.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 1166 viewsArnieM

I watched Watford play Leeds at Vicarage Rd recently and I have to say I was impressed with them. A very strong physical team (the sort we don't usually play well against in truth)... They had Leeds on the back foot for a long period of that game.

I hope we can bounce back with a vengeance from the scum game , and really take the game to them. But think it'll be a physical game which we must somehow match them for .

COYBs

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 11:58 - Apr 9 with 1151 viewspointofblue

I wonder if Sarmiento might get a start on the right with Hutchinson given a break, to come off the bench?

Central midfield is another question mark for me. I think Luongo has been off it for a while, so would quite like to see either Travis or Taylor given a chance.

Right back is a headache as Tuanzebe and Clarke offer different things. How many attacks come down their left flank?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:02 - Apr 9 with 1128 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I guess that's why they call it the blues. Another passenger want to get on so tickets are scarce. Sorry seems to have been the hardest word for the club after Saturday but Saturday night's alright for fighting. Tomorrow night we will need to be together and we can say goodbye yellow brick road to the budgies.

We will soar like a rocket man and then we will feel the love tonight. It will be no sacrifice because we're still standing and they won't go breaking our hearts.

I could go on. A win and a good performance for good measure for Town.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:07 - Apr 9 with 1105 viewsEuropablue

I'd start with the same team except for Clarke in for Tuanzabe and Taylor in for Luongo.
I'm really expecting a performance and a reaction, but I'll take a lucky undeserved win at this stage of the season.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:15 - Apr 9 with 1075 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:07 - Apr 9 by Europablue

I'd start with the same team except for Clarke in for Tuanzabe and Taylor in for Luongo.
I'm really expecting a performance and a reaction, but I'll take a lucky undeserved win at this stage of the season.

I would also start with the same team except Walton in for Hladky, Clarke for Tuanzebe, Edmundson and Ball in at CB, Humphreys in for Davis, Travis and Taylor in CM, Jackson, Aluko, Sarmiento and Al Hamadi in as well. But aside from that, the same team.

In all seriousness, the two you suggest are the most likely changes. I could see Jackson coming in for either Chaplin or Hutchinson too. In the former scenario Hutchinson plays the Chaplin role.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:18 - Apr 9 with 1061 viewsWeWereZombies

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:02 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I guess that's why they call it the blues. Another passenger want to get on so tickets are scarce. Sorry seems to have been the hardest word for the club after Saturday but Saturday night's alright for fighting. Tomorrow night we will need to be together and we can say goodbye yellow brick road to the budgies.

We will soar like a rocket man and then we will feel the love tonight. It will be no sacrifice because we're still standing and they won't go breaking our hearts.

I could go on. A win and a good performance for good measure for Town.

You're sounding a bit like a madman across the water there...

I reckon it will be 0-0 up until the twelfth minute of added time and then we will nikita it with the last kick.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 1044 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“Hutchinson. Not been the same. But I think that's more down to partner than himself. He needs clarkes overlaps”

I agree with all of these, albeit you couldn’t bring yourself to say it explicitly…Burns is a huge miss, we are a much better side with him on the pitch. Hutchinson has looked much better in a central position. And Clarke we miss badly, as you say he’s the better attacking option on the right with his overlaps. But just to add to that, his delivery is much better than Axel’s and I think his impact as a sub probably hasn’t got the recognition it deserves.
Login to get fewer ads

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:29 - Apr 9 with 1014 viewsFrimleyBlue

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:23 - Apr 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“Hutchinson. Not been the same. But I think that's more down to partner than himself. He needs clarkes overlaps”

I agree with all of these, albeit you couldn’t bring yourself to say it explicitly…Burns is a huge miss, we are a much better side with him on the pitch. Hutchinson has looked much better in a central position. And Clarke we miss badly, as you say he’s the better attacking option on the right with his overlaps. But just to add to that, his delivery is much better than Axel’s and I think his impact as a sub probably hasn’t got the recognition it deserves.

I've agreed that Burns would be helpful. Many times in the past week.. but he's not available. So for me to get the best out of hutch you have to have clarke. If it's tuenzebe then go with Jackson so he can just feed him in and not worry about overlapping.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 1007 viewshomer_123

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:29 - Apr 9 by FrimleyBlue

I've agreed that Burns would be helpful. Many times in the past week.. but he's not available. So for me to get the best out of hutch you have to have clarke. If it's tuenzebe then go with Jackson so he can just feed him in and not worry about overlapping.

Only 'helpful'?......
[Post edited 9 Apr 12:36]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:51 - Apr 9 with 936 views_clive_baker_

I’m expecting a tough game. Watford are the 1 side whose position doesn’t reflect their threat IMO. I thought we got fortunate at their place, on another day they could’ve been out of sight. They’re so inconsistent though, you don’t know which version of them you’ll see.

We’ve shown a good ability to bounce back from disappointment in the past, hopefully we demonstrate it again tomorrow. Regardless of what Leeds do tonight it certainly feels like one where anything less than a win is a defeat. Let’s hope we see a ‘vintage’ Town performance, high energy, and pick up the 3 points.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 816 viewsdavblue

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:23 - Apr 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Got to be careful with Watford on the break. Axel’s athleticism helps us defensively, as he can step into that 3 at the back with Davis further up the pitch. Have to say on Saturday his use of the ball was pretty poor.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 13:28 - Apr 9 with 779 viewstractorboy1978

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 12:51 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

I’m expecting a tough game. Watford are the 1 side whose position doesn’t reflect their threat IMO. I thought we got fortunate at their place, on another day they could’ve been out of sight. They’re so inconsistent though, you don’t know which version of them you’ll see.

We’ve shown a good ability to bounce back from disappointment in the past, hopefully we demonstrate it again tomorrow. Regardless of what Leeds do tonight it certainly feels like one where anything less than a win is a defeat. Let’s hope we see a ‘vintage’ Town performance, high energy, and pick up the 3 points.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it'll be tough to the extent they all are at this stage. But they've won 12 games out of 41 at the end of the day (the same as Sheff Wed and several others towards the bottom) so they've not been good enough by and large. I think if we start fast and get ahead it could be a relatively comfortable night with them having nothing to play for. But we need to turn up with the sort of intensity we generally have done all season at PR.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 13:32 - Apr 9 with 759 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Jackson in for Hutch is the only one i can see. Would like Taylor to come in but not sure it will happen.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 16:45 - Apr 9 with 558 viewsAce_High1

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 13:28 - Apr 9 by tractorboy1978

I'm not so sure about that. I think it'll be tough to the extent they all are at this stage. But they've won 12 games out of 41 at the end of the day (the same as Sheff Wed and several others towards the bottom) so they've not been good enough by and large. I think if we start fast and get ahead it could be a relatively comfortable night with them having nothing to play for. But we need to turn up with the sort of intensity we generally have done all season at PR.

Intensity is key.

When we play with Intensity we look a brilliant team. When we try and slow it all down, it exposes us a bit I think. We do not havee Xavi and Iniesta to stroke the ball about, quick, one and two touch play is what we need.

Look at second half v Southampton, once we ramped up the tempo we were on top, even before the sending off. At Norwich we were so slow and pedestrian which is where we both struggle to break the opposition down and also we look more suspect at the back as we give the ball away more. See also Cardiff where we did not get out of first gear.

In fact all of our poor results this season (WBA also) have been where we have just not had any pace or intensity about our play - be it passing, closing down, or running between the lines.
So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 16:56 - Apr 9 with 527 viewsSwansea_Blue

Get into ‘em. F, er, mess them up and have a go.

I’d take a scrappy 1-0, but a performance would be nice. That might expecting too much though. They just need to get the job done. We’re in must win territory now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So then. Football. Watford. What we expecting. on 17:03 - Apr 9 with 512 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Middlesbrough have the best form in the league, could well be that we rest players for Watford.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024