Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? 10:34 - Feb 23 with 3389 viewsKeno

Axel & Travis are the obvious ones

what about Burns?

At a push Harness?

any other 'wildcard' options?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:35 - Feb 23 with 2511 viewshomer_123

Uhlenbeek.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:39 - Feb 23 with 2480 viewsGuthrum

Tuanzebe probably first choice. Travis I'm not sure is fluent enough in attack (yet). Burns an obvious one, that used to be his position, after all.

I know people find this controversial, but Jackson could do a decent job there, if needed. His defending is generally pretty good, he has Clarke's energy and the speed to get up and down the pitch. Plus he can do the attacking side of things.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:40 - Feb 23 with 2456 viewsKeno

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:39 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Tuanzebe probably first choice. Travis I'm not sure is fluent enough in attack (yet). Burns an obvious one, that used to be his position, after all.

I know people find this controversial, but Jackson could do a decent job there, if needed. His defending is generally pretty good, he has Clarke's energy and the speed to get up and down the pitch. Plus he can do the attacking side of things.

actually Jackson isnt a bad shout

probably better than my wildcard of put Walton in goal and play Vad of there

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:41 - Feb 23 with 2449 viewsEuropablue

It would be nice to hear about Williams, because he is the round peg for the round hole.
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:45 - Feb 23 with 2436 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:41 - Feb 23 by Europablue

It would be nice to hear about Williams, because he is the round peg for the round hole.

I don't think he's going to be back. Not because I can give a nudge and a wink about him, but because given he hasn't even trained, the issues are clearly very deep.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:48 - Feb 23 with 2410 viewsMookamoo

Always thought Harness could play there, especially if we were up against a team that didn't pump it into the middle and he wasn't needed to make any kind of defence header.
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 2362 viewsGavTWTD

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:35 - Feb 23 by homer_123

Uhlenbeek.

He couldn't even play left back.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 2320 viewshomer_123

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:54 - Feb 23 by GavTWTD

He couldn't even play left back.

Pace to burn, get to the byline.....boom, out of the ground!

Oh and he did say Wildcard! ;)
[Post edited 23 Feb 11:04]

Login to get fewer ads

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:05 - Feb 23 with 2309 viewshomer_123

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:39 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Well, apart from giving away a shocking pen the other night, his tackling is superb!

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:13 - Feb 23 with 2267 viewsitfc_bucks

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:05 - Feb 23 by homer_123

Well, apart from giving away a shocking pen the other night, his tackling is superb!

Thought the consensus was that the shocking performance then was from Stroud, not KJ?
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:14 - Feb 23 with 2261 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden has played there in the last, so could switch him to RB and bring in Edmundson (or Tuanzebe).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:14 - Feb 23 with 2261 viewshomer_123

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:13 - Feb 23 by itfc_bucks

Thought the consensus was that the shocking performance then was from Stroud, not KJ?

I was being facetious.

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:22 - Feb 23 with 2228 viewsNthQldITFC

Yes totally agree on Jackson (didn't someone try him at right wing back a few years ago, or am I dreaming?). He obviously has pace and then some, stamina to match, good discipline and excellent work ethic. He'd probably struggle badly against a twinkletoes like Summerville (but who wouldn't?), but with good communication on the pitch and from the sidelines and some intense coaching on defensive decision making he'd do a pretty good job I reckon.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:46 - Feb 23 with 2135 viewsMetal_Hacker

If my memory serves me right didn’t he play there at Burton away last season ?

Long time ago but I’m sure he did as was pretty regimented in terms of his job role - looked OK to me albeit League One and Burton

Could think of worse alternatives

Poll: If it were one or the other

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:12 - Feb 23 with 2071 viewsSmithersJones

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 11:46 - Feb 23 by Metal_Hacker

If my memory serves me right didn’t he play there at Burton away last season ?

Long time ago but I’m sure he did as was pretty regimented in terms of his job role - looked OK to me albeit League One and Burton

Could think of worse alternatives

The way we play, particularly at home, is close to a 3-2-4-1 formation in possession (the four being Burns-Chaplin-Broadhead-Davis). So the notional right back is more of a hybrid RB/RCB. Which means putting Burns, Jackson or Harness there isn’t likely to work.
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:21 - Feb 23 with 2017 views_clive_baker_

My go at a top 10 (forgetting any compromise of moving them, purely ability to do the job)

Clarke
Tuanzebe
Woolfenden
Travis
Ball
Burns
Davis
Edmundson
Morsy
Luongo
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:23 - Feb 23 with 1994 viewsearlsgreenblue

Axel didn’t cover himself in glory the other night & looked off it, depends if you think Burns at RB & Hutch in front, so much pace & attacking potential that’s scary, could they both defend as required? Not so sure, KM will identify the threat potential on their left & have a plan for sure.
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:25 - Feb 23 with 1976 viewstextbackup

That bloke that was going to be back in 10 days was a right back wasn’t he? Name escapes me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:27 - Feb 23 with 1952 viewsGuthrum

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:12 - Feb 23 by SmithersJones

The way we play, particularly at home, is close to a 3-2-4-1 formation in possession (the four being Burns-Chaplin-Broadhead-Davis). So the notional right back is more of a hybrid RB/RCB. Which means putting Burns, Jackson or Harness there isn’t likely to work.

I think you're alluding to the initial passing around the back arc, which is Burgess - Hladky - Woolfenden - Clarke (with, slightly ahead, Morsy in the centre and Chaplin on the right to bounce off), Davis on the left being further up the pitch as an outlet. However, once beyond that phase, Clarke is bombing up the pitch to assist/overlap Burns/Hutchinson. It's not that Clarke is dropping into the centre at any point. If anyone, Burgess is performing the hybrid FB/CB role, wider on the left, filling the hole where Davis has gone.

I think that Jackson could play Clarke's part in that. He certainly has the pace and energy. Ball control when tightly pressed might be the biggest question. He's better at that than Harness, who may end up giving the ball away too often in a dangerous space at RB.

We have heard about Williams…. on 12:28 - Feb 23 with 1950 viewsBloots

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:41 - Feb 23 by Europablue

….we just aren’t allowed to talk about it.

Shambles.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

We have heard about Williams…. on 12:46 - Feb 23 with 1874 viewsGuthrum

We have heard about Williams…. on 12:28 - Feb 23 by Bloots

….we just aren’t allowed to talk about it.

Shambles.

Not sure it's really a shambles. Injured players can have setbacks that delay their return. Likely to be not much different in this case.

If there was at one stage a chance of him returning earlier, then it's logical a place was kept open in the squad. He does have talent.

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 1801 viewsBloots

We have heard about Williams…. on 12:46 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Not sure it's really a shambles. Injured players can have setbacks that delay their return. Likely to be not much different in this case.

If there was at one stage a chance of him returning earlier, then it's logical a place was kept open in the squad. He does have talent.

….he’s not injured.

More importantly he’s not our player.

We should have taken the opportunity to cancel the loan in January and got in a replacement.

Either we didn’t try due to misreading the issues he has, or we weren’t able to because the agreement we had with MU didn’t allow it.

Either way we are left with no cover for a right back who has a long term injury that needs managing.

So yes, shambles.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 13:18 - Feb 23 with 1768 viewsleitrimblue

I've got a slightly gammy right ankle, but will give it a lash if called on.
Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:34 - Feb 23 with 1719 viewstextbackup

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:14 - Feb 23 by Bloots

….he’s not injured.

More importantly he’s not our player.

We should have taken the opportunity to cancel the loan in January and got in a replacement.

Either we didn’t try due to misreading the issues he has, or we weren’t able to because the agreement we had with MU didn’t allow it.

Either way we are left with no cover for a right back who has a long term injury that needs managing.

So yes, shambles.

Complete waste of a loan space, in a position we NEED cover for

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 13:42 - Feb 23 with 1677 viewsKeno

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 13:18 - Feb 23 by leitrimblue

I've got a slightly gammy right ankle, but will give it a lash if called on.

you are Harry Clarke and I claim my £5!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024