Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles 15:06 - Feb 10 with 615 viewsunstableblue

West Brom are our kryptonite team, their physicality, ability to break quickly, and how they go into two banks of four incredibly well

And crucially WBA we’re fired up today and with an incredible press. And some serious sh!thousery.

We could have easily have folded today, but we kept going, kept to our system and principles, built our confidence back up.

Yes the real negative were the two errors, where we tried to stick too closely to our principles, of on the ball margins. We just need to tweak a little. Wolf blasts it out. Hladky goes long. But I really want to stick to our approach. Just modify.

So to the positives:

- Moore was superb
- Broadhead scored and showed some other moments
- We could have lost our third on the bounce, but fought back
- Hutchison was excellent
- Clarke grew into it
- Ali showed strength and desire
- We had them on the ropes
- Humphreys looked composed

We real shame for me is the North Stand continues to not fire up.. the noise in injury time… why didn’t we have to for multiple second half corners. It’s an issue.
[Post edited 10 Feb 15:16]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Need Milllwall and Swansea wins… and we can build a run (n/t) on 15:17 - Feb 10 with 542 viewsunstableblue

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 537 viewscbower

Of course take the positives. Of course continue to pass the ball. However, the ponderous nature of much of our passing today played right into WBA hands. Constantly allowing them to get back into their shape when we got posession back. Our transition was slow. Every time Davis got the ball there was little clear space for him to drive into. Why? Because we moved it so bloody slowly. I love Burns but today, at 55-60 he needed to come off. How many times did he really run at his man today? Town have been at their best this season when the tempo is high and the ball is moved around the pitch quickly. Seeing Wolf playing at walking pace is doing my nut in. When was the last time he received it and carried it forward 30 yards to open things up? That slowing things down does us no favours unless we are a couple of goals ahead.

bluescouser

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:22 - Feb 10 with 521 viewsredrickstuhaart

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:20 - Feb 10 by cbower

Of course take the positives. Of course continue to pass the ball. However, the ponderous nature of much of our passing today played right into WBA hands. Constantly allowing them to get back into their shape when we got posession back. Our transition was slow. Every time Davis got the ball there was little clear space for him to drive into. Why? Because we moved it so bloody slowly. I love Burns but today, at 55-60 he needed to come off. How many times did he really run at his man today? Town have been at their best this season when the tempo is high and the ball is moved around the pitch quickly. Seeing Wolf playing at walking pace is doing my nut in. When was the last time he received it and carried it forward 30 yards to open things up? That slowing things down does us no favours unless we are a couple of goals ahead.

It was because they played a low block for most of the game...
Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:23 - Feb 10 with 520 viewsIllinoisblue

The big positive is despite this blip/slump we are, after 30 games, still averaging TWO POINTS a game. For a team fresh out of four years of L1 that is sensational. And if not for parachute-doped prem three we’d be sitting even prettier.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:26 - Feb 10 with 493 viewsunstableblue

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:20 - Feb 10 by cbower

I agree we could have moved it faster at times but West Brom were very effective in the press and in two banks of four in a low block. They marked the wide areas.

The crowd willing the team on would have helped. North Stand Lower were terrible.

And tonight we will only be 3 points behind Leeds (with a game in hand) on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 476 viewsunstableblue

Take the positives from that… and I want us to stick to our principles on 15:23 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

The big positive is despite this blip/slump we are, after 30 games, still averaging TWO POINTS a game. For a team fresh out of four years of L1 that is sensational. And if not for parachute-doped prem three we’d be sitting even prettier.

And 4 points (max) from Southampton.

After 30 games. 30 games in a league we’ve only just joined and with teams like West Brom in it.

That’s remarkable illy.

Let’s six points on the road.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024