Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
63 shots in our last 2 games… 20:45 - Feb 3 with 1377 viewsibbleobble

No guessing what next week’s training sessions look like!
63 shots in our last 2 games… on 20:56 - Feb 3 with 1330 viewsSwansea_Blue

This has been a consistent ‘problem’ under KM. I’ve been waiting for us to batter someone, and based on the chances we should do. It’s a nice problem to have of course, yet being a bit more clinical would help the blood pressure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 20:57 - Feb 3 with 1321 viewshomer_123

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 20:56 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

This has been a consistent ‘problem’ under KM. I’ve been waiting for us to batter someone, and based on the chances we should do. It’s a nice problem to have of course, yet being a bit more clinical would help the blood pressure.

I've said pretty much since KM joined...the issue is when we stop creating.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 00:04 - Feb 4 with 1142 viewsGarv

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 20:56 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

I think it shows our manager is better than our squad.

We don't have that much genuine 'quality', relatively speaking. We create a lot of our chances because of the patterns of play we use and how we're coached.

Leeds and Southampton have much better attacking players than us. Chaplin, as an example, is a very clever player and scores goals because he finds space, but I'm not sure he's a natural finisher.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 00:21 - Feb 4 with 1109 viewstextbackup

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 00:04 - Feb 4 by Garv

We don't have that much genuine 'quality', relatively speaking. We create a lot of our chances because of the patterns of play we use and how we're coached.

Leeds and Southampton have much better attacking players than us. Chaplin, as an example, is a very clever player and scores goals because he finds space, but I'm not sure he's a natural finisher.

Chaplin is one of the best, most natural, finishes I think I’ve ever seen in my 35 oddish years of following Town.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 06:50 - Feb 4 with 959 viewsITFCSG

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 00:21 - Feb 4 by textbackup

Chaplin is one of the best, most natural, finishes I think I’ve ever seen in my 35 oddish years of following Town.

He is, but we are now competing with de facto Prem clubs for a chance to go up

Chaplin may be good, but is he a better finisher than Gnoto, Piroe, Summerville, Armstrong etc?
63 shots in our last 2 games… on 06:59 - Feb 4 with 945 viewstextbackup

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 06:50 - Feb 4 by ITFCSG

He is, but we are now competing with de facto Prem clubs for a chance to go up

Chaplin may be good, but is he a better finisher than Gnoto, Piroe, Summerville, Armstrong etc?

The current top scorers list would suggest not. But as you say, they are in teams of prem quality players… so doesn’t surprise me they have a few more goals to their names.

I agree on the point though, KMc with the next level up tools available to him would so easily make the next step, or two, up in football.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 07:28 - Feb 4 with 904 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Agree with this.

IMO creating chances is on the manager and coaching team.

Scoring goals is on the players.
63 shots in our last 2 games… on 09:00 - Feb 4 with 806 viewsITFCSG

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 06:59 - Feb 4 by textbackup

The current top scorers list would suggest not. But as you say, they are in teams of prem quality players… so doesn’t surprise me they have a few more goals to their names.

I agree on the point though, KMc with the next level up tools available to him would so easily make the next step, or two, up in football.

Agree. The “natural” quality of our squad at best is mid-table Championship - our position now is a bonus achieved through sheer hard work, clever coaching and a bit of luck.
Login to get fewer ads

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 09:25 - Feb 4 with 764 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just imagine if we had a whittaker!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

63 shots in our last 2 games… on 13:54 - Feb 4 with 666 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s spot on I reckon. We’re the ultimate team team, where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I’d back Hirst in a one-on-one with the keeper 8 times out of 10. Chappers can be clinical when he’s on it (which he isn’t). Leif has genuine quality with his creativity. As for everyone else going forward, they’re doing a great job but punching above their weight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024