Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager at fault for the team selection 14:53 - Jan 27 with 1214 viewsLowroadBlue

We always hear we want to go far in the cup. (But do we?)
I fully understand McKenna wants to give game time to the fringe players.
We should have had the game won in the first 15 minutes if we had any quality in finishing.
If we want to proceed in the cup then why don’t we play a strong side from the start and once we have the game won, then bring on the fringe players?
By the time we bring on our first team players our opponents have gained confidence and we are then panicking and it’s too late.
Surely we are doing this the wrong way round.
A part from being embarrassing in front of the whole country I do worry what effect this will have on our promotion drive it will have……

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 1173 viewsHerbivore

The team that started had more than enough about it to win the game and showed that with a first half in which we created numerous good chances and hit the woodwork three times. It's not like we were playing lads that are miles from the first team, Aluko aside, they're all either starters or featuring most weeks from the bench.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 1120 viewspointofblue

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:55 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

The team that started had more than enough about it to win the game and showed that with a first half in which we created numerous good chances and hit the woodwork three times. It's not like we were playing lads that are miles from the first team, Aluko aside, they're all either starters or featuring most weeks from the bench.

Plus the team from just after the equaliser onwards was Walton, Clarke, Davis, Tuanzebe, Edmundson, Morsy, Taylor, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Buabo

Hladky, Woolfenden, Luongo and Jackson aside, that's our first team. To not really lay a glove on Maidstone despite that is concerning.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 1071 viewsPlums

He now knows for sure that Broadhead isn't even a stand in number 9. From that angle, it was a very good experiment and selection.
We play week in week out where we tire the opposition out and bring fresh skilful legs on later to clean up. We did the same today and it went against us - despite 38 shots.
Not everything in life goes the way we want.
I'm far happier losing today than I would be if we did the same next weekend. Even then it wouldn't be a disaster.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:59]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1059 viewsLeaky

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:55 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Agree with your assessment. I wouldn't want to Preston next week they could be in for a battering
Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 1002 viewsreusersfreekicks

OP contradicts itself in first paragraphs. Poor team selection then should have been way ahead in first 10 mins
Nonsense
Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 997 viewspointofblue

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:59 - Jan 27 by Leaky

Agree with your assessment. I wouldn't want to Preston next week they could be in for a battering

It could go two ways. We could bounce back and batter. Or this could really let the nerves set in and we'll have an almighty wobble. Let's hope it's the former.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 990 viewsTrequartista

They are in Division 6. If the players selected weren't strong enough why would they be at the club? It was 1-1 when three were subbed, the "first-teamers" hardly did much better against a tired team.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:03 - Jan 27 with 969 viewsHerbivore

Manager at fault for the team selection on 14:56 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Plus the team from just after the equaliser onwards was Walton, Clarke, Davis, Tuanzebe, Edmundson, Morsy, Taylor, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Buabo

Hladky, Woolfenden, Luongo and Jackson aside, that's our first team. To not really lay a glove on Maidstone despite that is concerning.

Not sure not laying a glove on Maidstone is very accurate. We had 38 attempts on goal spread across the whole game and we were very wasteful throughout.

Login to get fewer ads

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 926 viewsbadadski

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:02 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

It could go two ways. We could bounce back and batter. Or this could really let the nerves set in and we'll have an almighty wobble. Let's hope it's the former.

I think the former / our finishing has always been out main weakness and not being clinical since last season with the amount of chances we have created but this game was next level attrocious. No composure in front of goal at all from half the team. I can imagine from now to the end of the season every oppo team and fans when we are struggling will be brining this game up in their chants which is going to lead us to more nerves and possible rash red cards from frustration.

I hope I am wrong but havnt seen such poor finishing since, well I don’t know when.
Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:09 - Jan 27 with 901 viewspointofblue

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:03 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Not sure not laying a glove on Maidstone is very accurate. We had 38 attempts on goal spread across the whole game and we were very wasteful throughout.

From the moment we equalised, we didn't really test the keeper. Don't think that looping header was ever going to go in. Everything was pretty easy for him. So, yeah, from the moment we made the changes onwards I'd say we didn't lay a glove on them.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 885 viewsHerbivore

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:09 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

From the moment we equalised, we didn't really test the keeper. Don't think that looping header was ever going to go in. Everything was pretty easy for him. So, yeah, from the moment we made the changes onwards I'd say we didn't lay a glove on them.

He made an outstanding save from Chaplin from a corner. And we created numerous other chances as well. To say we didn't lay a glove on them isn't remotely accurate.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:12 - Jan 27 with 871 viewsOldFart71

I have to say it, this was a game for Freddie Ladapo. We have nobody capable of holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. How many times were balls chipped into Maidstones box to be easily cleared. Both the on loan guys were the best players on the pitch. Why Sarmiento was subbed have no idea. Could understand the use of fringe players, so come on, they should still be good enough to do the business against non league opposition. If you don't score from the best part of thirty attempts and let two breakaway goals to be scored, both well taken by the way, then you deserve nothing. As a fan/ follower of ITFC since the late 1950's although we have lost to lower opposition before this defeat has to be one of the worst I can remember. Just feel sorry for those that paid a tenner to watch what was an awful performance.
Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:13 - Jan 27 with 846 viewspointofblue

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:12 - Jan 27 by OldFart71

I have to say it, this was a game for Freddie Ladapo. We have nobody capable of holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. How many times were balls chipped into Maidstones box to be easily cleared. Both the on loan guys were the best players on the pitch. Why Sarmiento was subbed have no idea. Could understand the use of fringe players, so come on, they should still be good enough to do the business against non league opposition. If you don't score from the best part of thirty attempts and let two breakaway goals to be scored, both well taken by the way, then you deserve nothing. As a fan/ follower of ITFC since the late 1950's although we have lost to lower opposition before this defeat has to be one of the worst I can remember. Just feel sorry for those that paid a tenner to watch what was an awful performance.

I'm more annoyed that I was before that we let Ladapo go before bringing anyone in. Maybe signifies a touch of arrogance at the club that it was only Maidstone.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:17 - Jan 27 with 798 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

38-2 on attempts. 1-2 on goals. It's just a freak result that happens sometimes. Dust yourself off, dry your tears and move on.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 718 viewsPinewoodblue

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:17 - Jan 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

38-2 on attempts. 1-2 on goals. It's just a freak result that happens sometimes. Dust yourself off, dry your tears and move on.

If we had started with the same eleven as started at Leicester then the two best starting players today would have been on the bench.

Sh1t happens and hopefully we will see a determination, in the games coming up, to put today behind us. Hopefully everyone involved in today’s game is hurting.
[Post edited 27 Jan 15:27]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:39 - Jan 27 with 630 viewsford6600

Yes reserve team to protect first team physically but this sort of result harms the squad mentally. Should have put out a far stronger team and when in full control start weakening the team. At least identifies who need to move on and why a cutting edge upfront is now crucial...Reminded me of the home Lincoln defeat a couple of years ago, attack against defence, but lost 1 nil. We still have problems breaking 10 men down.
Manager at fault for the team selection on 15:43 - Jan 27 with 597 viewscressi

Club at fault for not getting an strikers in. Had 3 weeks and let's be honest we expected a top striker for the championship and here we are shopping in poundland weekend ruined
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024