Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entirely sound optics and thinking here. 22:41 - Jan 7 with 1017 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67905750

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 22:46 - Jan 7 with 975 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Because if they don't pick her, Bone has threatened to stand as an Independent against whoever they do pick and split the Tory vote.

Sunak should have said "Fck you! What does it matter? I've got a solid enough majority and am just coasting for one more year. One less MP doesn't matter at all."

And then Sunak might have come out of this as well as is possible, which might have had a long term benefit.
Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 23:36 - Jan 7 with 890 viewsChurchman

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 22:46 - Jan 7 by ArnoldMoorhen

Because if they don't pick her, Bone has threatened to stand as an Independent against whoever they do pick and split the Tory vote.

Sunak should have said "Fck you! What does it matter? I've got a solid enough majority and am just coasting for one more year. One less MP doesn't matter at all."

And then Sunak might have come out of this as well as is possible, which might have had a long term benefit.

I don’t think it matters. Who on earth is going to vote for her or the rancid Bone himself if he stands as an independent? They may as well not put a candidate up at all.
Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 07:34 - Jan 8 with 707 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

A case of, "Vote Harrison, get Bone"?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 08:36 - Jan 8 with 648 viewsexeterblue10

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 07:34 - Jan 8 by You_Bloo_Right

A case of, "Vote Harrison, get Bone"?

Or WAG and Bone?
Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:31 - Jan 8 with 585 viewsLeoMuff

They have completely lost it, why would they agree to that ? toxic to the core

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 550 viewsGuthrum

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:31 - Jan 8 by LeoMuff

They have completely lost it, why would they agree to that ? toxic to the core

It wasn't the local Conservatives who deselected him, but 10% of the constituency electorate as a whole. Head office probablt forbade them from putting up Bone himself (which they were technically allowed to do) due to his prior withdrawal of the whip.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 545 viewsGuthrum

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 08:36 - Jan 8 by exeterblue10

Or WAG and Bone?

Now that, that is superb.

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:53 - Jan 8 with 540 viewsCotty

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 23:36 - Jan 7 by Churchman

I don’t think it matters. Who on earth is going to vote for her or the rancid Bone himself if he stands as an independent? They may as well not put a candidate up at all.

Have you ever met anyone from Northants?
Login to get fewer ads

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 10:06 - Jan 8 with 513 viewsKeno

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 08:36 - Jan 8 by exeterblue10

Or WAG and Bone?

If ever there was a post that merits bringing back the Post of the Day Award its this ^^^^^^

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 10:43 - Jan 8 with 460 viewsfactual_blue

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 09:50 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

It wasn't the local Conservatives who deselected him, but 10% of the constituency electorate as a whole. Head office probablt forbade them from putting up Bone himself (which they were technically allowed to do) due to his prior withdrawal of the whip.

I think the suggestion is that bone threatened to stand as an independent unless he effectively chose the tory candidate.

Nepotism at its finest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 11:13 - Jan 8 with 418 viewsGuthrum

Entirely sound optics and thinking here. on 10:43 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

I think the suggestion is that bone threatened to stand as an independent unless he effectively chose the tory candidate.

Nepotism at its finest.

That was probably the leverage which got the local choice through with head office, rather than having somebody parachuted in.

Head office probably don't care that much really, as there's a good chance they'll lose anyway and a General Election is just around the corner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024