Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ 15:35 - Dec 20 with 1675 viewsMiaow

Runners-Up but Never Champions of England

Eight teams have finished second in the top flight without ever winning the title. A couple of them have also been runners-up in the FA Cup final without ever winning the trophy.

There are three minutes to try and get them all if anybody would like to have a go. The seasons in which the eight clubs were runners-up are given, with all of them achieving a second-place finish on just one occasion. Do let me know if you think this is too much (or not enough) time.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/runners-up-but-never-champions-of-e

Again, thank you very much for having a look.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:51 - Dec 20 with 1595 viewsAlexMathie

Good (but difficult) quiz, got the four most recent ones but none of the first four.

Clue: no team from Norfolk has finished runner-up in either the league or the FA Cup, let alone win it

www.turfgame.com

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:53 - Dec 20 with 1588 viewsNthQldITFC

4/8 - quite pleased with that but no doubt some smart arse will be along in a minute with 8/8 in 21seconds!

Got 83/84 first go, and 75/76 third go, not because I knew the answers but just because I knew that sort of clubs that were doing OK about that time. Got 1906/07 in the same way as a fluke. Then 55/56, but surprised they didn't win it.

Surprised the 'team of the 80s' weren't there, and surprised the massive Irons are no better than the little ol' budgies in terms of the league, ha-ha-ha! (although of course they have won a few FA Cups and Cup Winners Cups)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:57 - Dec 20 with 1574 viewshoppy

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:53 - Dec 20 by NthQldITFC

4/8 - quite pleased with that but no doubt some smart arse will be along in a minute with 8/8 in 21seconds!

Got 83/84 first go, and 75/76 third go, not because I knew the answers but just because I knew that sort of clubs that were doing OK about that time. Got 1906/07 in the same way as a fluke. Then 55/56, but surprised they didn't win it.

Surprised the 'team of the 80s' weren't there, and surprised the massive Irons are no better than the little ol' budgies in terms of the league, ha-ha-ha! (although of course they have won a few FA Cups and Cup Winners Cups)

28 seconds.

is what it took me to get 2/8.. after that I floundered.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 16:03 - Dec 20 with 1546 viewsTractorCam

6/8, missed the oldest two. Technically I didn't know any of them, was just rolling through teams.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 16:25 - Dec 20 with 1497 viewscooperd5

got 3 - quite pleased with that!
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 17:59 - Dec 20 with 1399 viewsWacko

5/8

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 18:21 - Dec 20 with 1377 viewsxrayspecs

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:51 - Dec 20 by AlexMathie

Good (but difficult) quiz, got the four most recent ones but none of the first four.

Clue: no team from Norfolk has finished runner-up in either the league or the FA Cup, let alone win it

4/8 too.

Not something you instinctively know so as others had said, was work my way through the teams.
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 18:27 - Dec 20 with 1367 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Got two of the 3 least guessed but neither of the most recent and most commonly guessed. 5/8.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 1310 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Really tough tbh

Only got 3 and they were total guesses πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Poll: Our final position

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 19:14 - Dec 20 with 1303 viewsNthQldITFC

Does clubs give players caps to captains who lift cups won by clubs whose teams players are winners of the Cup Winners Cup?

(gobbledegook designed to make any lurking greengrocer's explode)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 20:12 - Dec 20 with 1262 viewsPendejo

7 couldn't get 14/15 in time but was heading across pennines towards them...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 21:48 - Dec 20 with 1215 viewsPlums

Took me two goes to get six. Was pretty pleased with my initial four.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 22:23 - Dec 20 with 1169 viewsWeWereZombies

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:57 - Dec 20 by hoppy

28 seconds.

is what it took me to get 2/8.. after that I floundered.

You are not alone in the 2/8 club.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 00:03 - Dec 21 with 1105 viewsgainsboroughblue

4/8. I knew 3. Guessed one other. Failed with the other guesses.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 00:19 - Dec 21 with 1099 viewsClapham_Junction

8/8 but in 46 seconds. Sorry to disappoint.
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 06:48 - Dec 21 with 1025 viewsBigCommon

Awful, I got 3 in about 40 seconds.....
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 08:26 - Dec 21 with 973 viewsWeWereZombies

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 06:48 - Dec 21 by BigCommon

Awful, I got 3 in about 40 seconds.....

Show off.

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 09:18 - Dec 21 with 950 viewsChorleyBoy

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 00:19 - Dec 21 by Clapham_Junction

8/8 but in 46 seconds. Sorry to disappoint.

8/8 in 1m 46s, but that was after having got none right at the first attempt despite entering Coventry 5 times in the hope that the program would have some sympathy and change its mind.

Good quiz as always, but probably an hour and 3 minutes would be a better time allowance for me.
Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 09:28 - Dec 21 with 936 viewsWeWereZombies

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 09:18 - Dec 21 by ChorleyBoy

8/8 in 1m 46s, but that was after having got none right at the first attempt despite entering Coventry 5 times in the hope that the program would have some sympathy and change its mind.

Good quiz as always, but probably an hour and 3 minutes would be a better time allowance for me.

I tried Coventry too, but just the once. If my memory had been good enough I would have tried Corinthians...I did try Wycombe as a nod to the ancient club called Wanderers...sigh...

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 23:57 - Dec 21 with 814 viewsMiaow

Football quiz πŸ₯ˆ on 15:51 - Dec 20 by AlexMathie

No, but they have participated in both competitions.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024