Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds is the half way point of the season 21:07 - Dec 18 with 2343 viewsunstableblue

Can we kick on again

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 21:22 - Dec 18 with 2295 viewsHerbivore

Definitely need to kick on again after a run of four wins and a draw in our last five games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 09:20 - Dec 19 with 1920 viewsorfordbuoy

I know what you mean. Norwich was a bit of a dampener.

Reckon McKenna and the lads will be keen to turn the page - and put Leeds to the sword.
Leeds is the half way point of the season on 13:04 - Dec 19 with 1767 viewsshady

Absolutely brilliant half season.
Well Done

We just have to keep going otherwise fingernails will disappear.
Those failed prem sides have more ammunition to deal with in the January sales.
Just don't like the vision of a marathon runner arriving at the stadium in second and getting the staggers with metres left
Leeds is the half way point of the season on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 1714 viewsBiGDonnie

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 21:22 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Definitely need to kick on again after a run of four wins and a draw in our last five games.

They're making it easier and easier for you ain't they.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 15:00 - Dec 19 with 1581 viewstextbackup

Said on another thread, that this might sound weird, but had we beaten norwich I think we lose at leeds (emotion drained etc etc)
With the draw (and I do think KM and players will see it as a poorish result) they’ll be fired up for leeds, and I think we can Nick it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 15:15 - Dec 19 with 1545 viewsGlasgowBlue

Second half of the season is always more difficult for teams like us. We have very much been a surprise package. Now we will come up against teams who have already played against us and will have a better idea of how to cope with our game plan.

Last season teams started to use the low block against us and our season started to stumble. Thankfully KM was able to bring in some fresh faces and mixed things up a little more.

It would be incredibly if we can replicate the same points total in the second half of the season as we did n the first. Not sure we can but I really hope we do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 16:04 - Dec 19 with 1475 viewsBigCommon

Get what you're saying Unstable.. On the assumption that we are likely to drop points over the next two matches...
But the tricky run of 9 games, from WBA away to Stoke away, is 6 games in, and we've harvested over 2ppg so far from those 6... 13pts from 6 games. Which is quite incredible...
Leeds away, Leicester home, Stoke away, will see us out of the other side of the busy festive period... With the FA cup match at Wimbledon, next up, you'd think a few will be rested for that one. So that would be a good time to draw breath and reset..
Imagine getting 5pts from Leeds , Leicester, Stoke.. Not impossible. We'd have reaped 2ppg over our toughest run of fixtures this season... Even if we picked up 3pts from those 3 games we'd still have taken 1.7/1.8 ppg over the 9 matches... Not exactly a blip, imo. Especially when you consider the performances. Think we've been on top in all of them bar WBA.(Arguably just an off day).
As long as we cope ok without Mass and Burgess.. We could definitely go on a 7 or 8 unbeaten, through Jan/Feb. With the likelihood of squad additions to freshen things up. If we've got anywhere near an 8pt gap to 3rd going into March, then the pressure will really crank up on the chasers.
To put it into context.. If we bobbed along at 1.8 ppg for the rest of the season, we'd end up on 95pts... Which should be enough,... Take a huge effort for the 1.8 ppg for the remainder... But the chasers would have to be at 2.2ppg, throughout, to catch us and hit 96pts.....
As far as the OP.. We just got to keep flying straight, no need to think about a sudden explosion of points (though would be nice).. Its them behind us that need to find an extra gear, just to try and close the gap..
My only fear is that some of our lads go out on the lash over Christmas/New Year.. Lock em all up and wrap them in cotton wool, please.
Leeds is the half way point of the season on 16:14 - Dec 19 with 1442 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We lost to them in the first half and it meant absolute sweet f'a so losing again shouldn't be tragic if we repeat all our results elsewhere!

Win or draw and we'll be even stronger going into Part 2
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 17:19 - Dec 19 with 1322 viewsitfc_bucks

A point against Leeds hurts them more than us, I'd not be disappointed in the slightest if that's how it goes.
Leeds is the half way point of the season on 18:43 - Dec 19 with 1232 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 16:14 - Dec 19 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We lost to them in the first half and it meant absolute sweet f'a so losing again shouldn't be tragic if we repeat all our results elsewhere!

Win or draw and we'll be even stronger going into Part 2

If we do lose against them on Saturday, it's worth remembering that we beat Aston Villa home and away in the league, and knocked them out of the FA cup in 1981 but Villa still pipped us to the title.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 18:47 - Dec 19 with 1223 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Leeds is going to be such an interesting one. The pressure is entirely on them, and they HAVE to win - a draw is no good. If they take the game to us we could have a field day on the counter attack.

Could be game of the season, or a nervy 0-0!
Agree, could be game of the season, our Bolton/Derby/Posh and Watford away on 18:53 - Dec 19 with 1195 viewsunstableblue

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 18:47 - Dec 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Leeds is going to be such an interesting one. The pressure is entirely on them, and they HAVE to win - a draw is no good. If they take the game to us we could have a field day on the counter attack.

Could be game of the season, or a nervy 0-0!

I do feel we’re close to going into McKenna beastmode again… when the team just clicks and becomes very robust and effective

Saw elements of it in the second half at Watford.

I also think the players will want to address not getting three points against Norwich and let’s face Leeds won’t come with the closing energy that Norwich did have to bring to stop us!

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 19:53 - Dec 19 with 1115 viewsgosblue

Some of our players are just coming into form. Broady was on everything on Saturday after being under par in the previous 2 or 3 games. Tuanzebe looks a different class and Burgess looks better for it. Clarke is starting to look solid and a threat going forward. Hirst gets better and stronger with every game. And despite all that, it’s still exciting to see the changes from the bench. Any January signings need to be a bit special or they won’t get a sniff.
Broadhead does look like he's getting back; Clarke yay; BUT Luongo/Burgess on 20:32 - Dec 19 with 1016 viewsunstableblue

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 19:53 - Dec 19 by gosblue

Some of our players are just coming into form. Broady was on everything on Saturday after being under par in the previous 2 or 3 games. Tuanzebe looks a different class and Burgess looks better for it. Clarke is starting to look solid and a threat going forward. Hirst gets better and stronger with every game. And despite all that, it’s still exciting to see the changes from the bench. Any January signings need to be a bit special or they won’t get a sniff.

Broadhead has of course been under par for a while, BUT he really looked to back his himself and sharper on Saturday, and whilst he missed two gilt edged chances, he created one of them with brilliant play. So yes I'm really hoping he gets back to his best form and becomes a game changer in upcoming games.

I genuinely thought Clarke was on a long dip, and Williams would become the de facto right back. But 'one of our own' has been really good in his last two performances. And his physicality is a huge asset. Williams will still have a part to play in the second half of the season.

Axel oozes class. And he brings attributes Wolfie doesn't have. Not that Wolfenden isn't excellent, but Axel range of passing is like a creative midfielder.

But don't forget Luongo and Burgess will be going away on international duty.. so hopefully Taylor and some new signings can step in.

I don't see Luongo and Jackson having enough to make a difference.

Interested to see how Omari and Scarlett get on in this second phase of the season. Omari froze a little Saturday. I'm amazed Scarlett hasn't gotten more game time after a blinding cameo performance at St Andrews.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 21:01]

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 21:28 - Dec 19 with 943 viewsunstableblue

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 09:20 - Dec 19 by orfordbuoy

I know what you mean. Norwich was a bit of a dampener.

Reckon McKenna and the lads will be keen to turn the page - and put Leeds to the sword.

Agree OB

I think the boys will have a point to prove by winning following Saturday, and also Leeds won't be able to match Norwich defensive intensity.

Leeds is the half way point of the season on 09:18 - Dec 20 with 684 viewsFacefacts

It is the hardest game of the season because:
They will see it as their cup final and route into the top 2.
It is a fearful stadium with a nasty minority - remember us relegating them to League 1 and what happened to our supporters then, so
Ref will be a homer - because he wants his car left undamaged in the car park,
We would have to be 3-0 better than them to win 2-1.
Very difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024