Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 17 home games.... 08:30 - Nov 30 with 1786 viewsitfcjoe

16 wins
48 points
59 goals scored
Scored 3 or more in 14 of them

These are the Days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Last 17 home games.... on 08:37 - Nov 30 with 1726 viewsBseaBlue

The football we played in the first half last night was outstanding. It isnt just the winning, its the way we are going about it that is so impressive. Long may it continue.
Last 17 home games.... on 08:41 - Nov 30 with 1711 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Last 17 home games.... on 08:37 - Nov 30 by BseaBlue

The football we played in the first half last night was outstanding. It isnt just the winning, its the way we are going about it that is so impressive. Long may it continue.

It was brilliant.

Within three minutes of the game who is with virtually over, and Millwall knew they win for a hard night.

Massimo And Morsy have got this midfield ticking over lovely.

Hopefully we don’t miss Massimo too much in January.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:00 - Nov 30 with 1638 viewsdavblue

Last 17 home games.... on 08:41 - Nov 30 by BtreeBlueBlood

It was brilliant.

Within three minutes of the game who is with virtually over, and Millwall knew they win for a hard night.

Jan is going to be a big month for us again.

Feels like we need a striker, Central midfielder, maybe another 10 and left back cover, maybe a central defender.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:01 - Nov 30 with 1619 viewsHerbivore

Last 17 home games.... on 08:41 - Nov 30 by BtreeBlueBlood

It was brilliant.

Mass was in beast mode last night. Absurdly good from him and very unlucky he didn't get another goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last 17 home games.... on 09:04 - Nov 30 with 1592 viewsNthQldITFC

Last 17 home games.... on 08:37 - Nov 30 by BseaBlue

I can't decide whether it was quite as good as the Hull first half or not, but it was certainly close. Continuously exciting with four or five truly breathtaking attacks.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 9:11]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Last 17 home games.... on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 1546 viewsHerbivore

Last 17 home games.... on 09:04 - Nov 30 by NthQldITFC

I can't decide whether it was quite as good as the Hull first half or not, but it was certainly close. Continuously exciting with four or five truly breathtaking attacks.

Hull, Swansea, and last night are for me the benchmark for home performances. Hull probably the standout purely because they were on an excellent run and our defensive performance that night was spot on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last 17 home games.... on 09:15 - Nov 30 with 1534 viewsBseaBlue

Last 17 home games.... on 09:01 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Mass was in beast mode last night. Absurdly good from him and very unlucky he didn't get another goal.

He doesn't make bad decisions does he? He knows when to use his body and hold it. He knows when to turn it round the corner. He knows when to give it simple and he knows when to make the move on the edge of the box.

Taylor has the perfect mentor here to learn from.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 1509 viewsiamipswich

Last 17 home games.... on 09:00 - Nov 30 by davblue

Feels like we need a striker, Central midfielder, maybe another 10 and left back cover, maybe a central defender.

Glad I don't have to buy your Christmas presents! Your wishlist must be a mile long!

Poll: Who will return first?

Login to get fewer ads

Last 17 home games.... on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 1488 viewsdavblue

Last 17 home games.... on 09:18 - Nov 30 by iamipswich

Glad I don't have to buy your Christmas presents! Your wishlist must be a mile long!

never stand still.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:27 - Nov 30 with 1431 viewsiamipswich

Last 17 home games.... on 09:19 - Nov 30 by davblue

never stand still.

Agreed. Although McKenna will only be wanting to add team improvers, not squad players so I think 5 additions would be a little disruptive. Agree though we need another striker and maybe another CM. I think Dom Ball will move further to the fringes and be a utility man in case of injuries etc.

Poll: Who will return first?

Last 17 home games.... on 09:36 - Nov 30 with 1410 viewsDarkBrandon

Last 17 home games.... on 09:00 - Nov 30 by davblue

That’s quite the shopping list.

I’d be very happy with a striker who we would trust if Hirst was injured, and a central midfielder.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:54 - Nov 30 with 1374 viewsDarkBrandon

I don’t think it was. Against Hull we were relentless all half, whereas last night once it got to 2-0 we were “just” in control.

I’ve chosen well this season. Hull and Millwall are the only two matches I’ve seen live.
Last 17 home games.... on 09:59 - Nov 30 with 1332 viewsdavblue

Last 17 home games.... on 09:27 - Nov 30 by iamipswich

Agreed. Although McKenna will only be wanting to add team improvers, not squad players so I think 5 additions would be a little disruptive. Agree though we need another striker and maybe another CM. I think Dom Ball will move further to the fringes and be a utility man in case of injuries etc.

2 of those were maybe's tbf.

Ball's not really been used as a starter, so if they can get better it would make sense. A striker is a must imo. I still have doubts about long term injuries in that 10 position and if we can cover it.
Last 17 home games.... on 10:01 - Nov 30 with 1321 views_clive_baker_

Last 17 home games.... on 09:27 - Nov 30 by iamipswich

I think there's a few in our squad who are moving / will move further away to the fringes. Evans has likely played his last game, what with his injury and the fact he has offered very little when fit for the most part. Aluko, no doubt a good guy but not one I expect we'll see again in league action. Ball and JD are likely good, senior, pros to have around the place, but I think it would take a fair few injuries for them to start games any time soon. Then perhaps decisions to be made on the short term future of Humphreys, maybe a loan to L1 for the 2nd half of the season would be best for him.

Certainly room for 3 or 4 additions and a few departures in January I think.

New forward is the priority, someone to keep pushing Hirst and give us that depth there, which we don't really have in Ladapo.
Last 17 home games.... on 10:03 - Nov 30 with 1314 viewstractorboy1978

Last 17 home games.... on 09:59 - Nov 30 by davblue

2 of those were maybe's tbf.

Ball's not really been used as a starter, so if they can get better it would make sense. A striker is a must imo. I still have doubts about long term injuries in that 10 position and if we can cover it.

A striker is a must. I think we will go relatively big for a CM in a similar mould to Luongo too and Taylor becomes more of a 10 option - which is where he played predominately for Peterborough.
Last 17 home games.... on 10:28 - Nov 30 with 1218 viewstextbackup

BCWYWF

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last 17 home games.... on 10:38 - Nov 30 with 1181 viewsportmanking

Last 17 home games.... on 10:03 - Nov 30 by tractorboy1978

A striker is a must. I think we will go relatively big for a CM in a similar mould to Luongo too and Taylor becomes more of a 10 option - which is where he played predominately for Peterborough.

I agree re. Jack. I think he should become part of the rotation with Chaplin instead of being part of the double pivot. I happen to know that's something he'd relish...
Last 17 home games.... on 10:45 - Nov 30 with 1151 viewsSteve_M

Last 17 home games.... on 10:01 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

I think there's a few in our squad who are moving / will move further away to the fringes. Evans has likely played his last game, what with his injury and the fact he has offered very little when fit for the most part. Aluko, no doubt a good guy but not one I expect we'll see again in league action. Ball and JD are likely good, senior, pros to have around the place, but I think it would take a fair few injuries for them to start games any time soon. Then perhaps decisions to be made on the short term future of Humphreys, maybe a loan to L1 for the 2nd half of the season would be best for him.

Certainly room for 3 or 4 additions and a few departures in January I think.

New forward is the priority, someone to keep pushing Hirst and give us that depth there, which we don't really have in Ladapo.

We very much need cover for Leif if Williams is preferred at right back too, he's playing nearly every minute at the moment. Those 20-30 minute spells Leigh had last season added up to quite a lot of rest.

Central midfield looks weak too, given how far back Ball is we have three players for two positions really.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Last 17 home games.... on 10:56 - Nov 30 with 1126 viewsSomethingBlue

Last 17 home games.... on 10:45 - Nov 30 by Steve_M

We very much need cover for Leif if Williams is preferred at right back too, he's playing nearly every minute at the moment. Those 20-30 minute spells Leigh had last season added up to quite a lot of rest.

Central midfield looks weak too, given how far back Ball is we have three players for two positions really.

I'm very comfortable with Williams moving across as cover for Leif if LD has to miss a match – Clarke is an absolutely fine RB – but the issue, as you suggest, is making that switch in-game. Suspect it might just be one we have to make peace with this season as CM/CF/probably another wide player or 10 seem the biggest priorities.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Last 17 home games.... on 11:06 - Nov 30 with 1051 viewsBiGDonnie

Last 17 home games.... on 10:56 - Nov 30 by SomethingBlue

I'm very comfortable with Williams moving across as cover for Leif if LD has to miss a match – Clarke is an absolutely fine RB – but the issue, as you suggest, is making that switch in-game. Suspect it might just be one we have to make peace with this season as CM/CF/probably another wide player or 10 seem the biggest priorities.

I'm happy with Davis/Humphreys and Williams/Clarke for the full back positions.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 11:06]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Last 17 home games.... on 11:12 - Nov 30 with 1012 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hull were by far a better team than Millwall, so I'd say that was our best half of football in years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Last 17 home games.... on 11:14 - Nov 30 with 1005 viewstractorboy1978

Imagine McKenna is quite happy to have Clarke or Williams on the bench to cover both positions. I can't see we would go into games with two full backs on the bench.
Last 17 home games.... on 11:14 - Nov 30 with 996 views_clive_baker_

Very much feels like we've got 3 for 2 roles at fullback, where Williams' versatility is really handy if he's needed on the left. JD is that recognised 4th head I guess, but given his lack of involvement he feels as far away as ever. He's not played a minute of league football since QPR in mid August, and has barely even made the bench. Ball's versatility perhaps giving him the nod as a bench option.

Wouldn't be surprised of JD moves on if we can find a replacement, with his contract up in the summer.

Evans will stick around until the end of the season due to injury, when his contract is also up, but I think he might be one we de-register if we need to squad space. That could allow us to strengthen in the middle. Can't help but feel either Morsy through suspension or Luongo through international duty will likely miss a fair few of the next 12 games or so. I can see Taylor starting at least 6 of the next 12, and certainly does leave us a little short. I've never been too impressed with Ball tbh, he's workmanlike and 'honest', but never really influenced a game like the other 3 have demonstrated.
Last 17 home games.... on 11:15 - Nov 30 with 989 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last 17 home games.... on 09:01 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

I thought that second one was going in.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024