Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living 10:25 - Oct 12 with 1720 viewsGuthrum

Then this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/oct/12/half-a-billion-cheap-electri

Even if they only cost a couple of quid each, that's a billion which could have been spent on improving the country, rather than cheap tat to be thrown away (and which costs money to dispose of).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:27 - Oct 12 with 1695 viewsBlueBadger

Disposable vapes are an absolute menace. I suspect that in the next ten years we'll starting to see studies emerge around the long term harms(for my money, the conclusion will likely be 'not good for you, but better for you thank actually smoking').

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:32 - Oct 12 with 1663 viewsGuthrum

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:27 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Disposable vapes are an absolute menace. I suspect that in the next ten years we'll starting to see studies emerge around the long term harms(for my money, the conclusion will likely be 'not good for you, but better for you thank actually smoking').

Shouldn't think disposable-type vapes will be around much longer. Banned over the littering aspect (at least cigarettes were made of mostly organic material).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:35 - Oct 12 with 1649 viewsBlueBadger

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:32 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

Shouldn't think disposable-type vapes will be around much longer. Banned over the littering aspect (at least cigarettes were made of mostly organic material).

An outright ban on disposables would probably go a long way to solving the problem of kids vaping as well as littering.

Equally, I wouldn't;'t be surprised to see stricter controls on all the weird flavours' of vape that you can get as well.
As a by-the-by, is it just me or is the smell from some of the more wild and wacky vapes WORSE than cigarette smoke?
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 11:06]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:36 - Oct 12 with 1644 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“Half a billion cheap electrical items go to UK landfills”

If we didn’t buy poorly made items you didn’t know you needed, from Chinese brands you’ve never heard of, then how would Amazon survive…
So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:37 - Oct 12 with 1648 viewsBlueBadger

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:36 - Oct 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“Half a billion cheap electrical items go to UK landfills”

If we didn’t buy poorly made items you didn’t know you needed, from Chinese brands you’ve never heard of, then how would Amazon survive…

At this point, I would like to remind you of the Vimes Theory of Economic Unfairness(also known as 'boots theory').

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boots_theory

GNUSirTerryPratchett
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 10:39]

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:42 - Oct 12 with 1615 viewsEwan_Oozami

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:35 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

An outright ban on disposables would probably go a long way to solving the problem of kids vaping as well as littering.

Equally, I wouldn't;'t be surprised to see stricter controls on all the weird flavours' of vape that you can get as well.
As a by-the-by, is it just me or is the smell from some of the more wild and wacky vapes WORSE than cigarette smoke?

Surprised you can smell anything given you've been working in a carbolic-rich environment for so long! ;-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:50 - Oct 12 with 1592 viewsMookamoo

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:35 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

A lot of the US states have banned any flavours other than tobacco - they must be considering it here.

I do youth work and we are seeing a huge increase in school years 7 and 8 vaping. It just doesn't have the stigma that traditional smoking has and isn't getting the attention from anyone that can help. We've tracked where they're buying them and they just walk into a vape shop with zero checks. We've had the community police come with us to lecture the owners, but they don't care, they know they don't face any real sanctions as it's too much hassle.

Interestingly, the ones that are talking it seriously are the Criminal Exploitation Team. The younger ones that are vaping are being targeted by the skunk dealers who in turn have links to the county lines gangs.

Take away the bubblegum and it becomes a lot less attractive to under 16s.
So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:59 - Oct 12 with 1554 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've finally been getting round to sorting out the stuff I cleared from my dad's house, and having a bit of a tidy up ourselves. It feels like I've contributed half a billion items myself! Cables, leads and chargers are a big problem. Everything seems to come with it's own set, but if we had universal standards we could cut out a huge amount of duplication and waste.

Also, ironically, I wonder if making recycling easier actually increases the amount people throw away? It's so easy to drop things off at the tip and feel like you're being 'responsible'. Whereas actually you're contributing to the costs of handling and treating all this waste.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 17:11 - Oct 14 with 1215 viewsrgp1

So people demand low tax and complain about the cost of living on 10:32 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

Assuming you can class a disposable vape as a single use plastic and there is much concern over these and other things such as plastic forks. Then why is it that organisations such as just stop oil ( bering in mind that plastic is a byproduct of petroleum production) do lambast the owners of plastic companies ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024