Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For your amusement 12:29 - Oct 9 with 1839 viewsgiant_stow

My over 45s team lost 18-2 on Saturday..

We were without both our goalies, but would have still lost to double figures with one. Is this some kind of record?

It got to the point where the other side where almost apologetic (not to the point of going easy, but at least they were nice about it).

edit: Btw, this wasn't some kickabout in the park - we're in an FA sanctioned league. 4 games in an our goal difference is -26.

Edit 2: well it was obviously a kickabout for them, but not us.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 12:36]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For your amusement on 12:32 - Oct 9 with 1788 viewsGeoffSentence

Pretty bad, one of the worst in history, but don't worry your record won't last long, will be overtaken by December 16th

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

For your amusement on 12:35 - Oct 9 with 1768 viewsgiant_stow

For your amusement on 12:32 - Oct 9 by GeoffSentence

Pretty bad, one of the worst in history, but don't worry your record won't last long, will be overtaken by December 16th

I'd almost take th... no I wouldn't!

I just checked the FA website and for once, my name's made it onto the teamsheet next to this utter rogerring - there on the internet to shame forever!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For your amusement on 12:36 - Oct 9 with 1744 viewshoppy

Was the problem with the goalkeepers in finding some gloves that fit comfortably with the extra fingers?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

For your amusement on 12:38 - Oct 9 with 1723 viewsgiant_stow

For your amusement on 12:36 - Oct 9 by hoppy

Was the problem with the goalkeepers in finding some gloves that fit comfortably with the extra fingers?

No, we're London fellas playing the bumpkins out east. Unfortunately the bumkins were pretty tasty to our pretty sh1t.

For your amusement on 12:40 - Oct 9 with 1709 viewsBiGDonnie

At least you participated.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

For your amusement on 12:45 - Oct 9 with 1676 viewsgiant_stow

For your amusement on 12:40 - Oct 9 by BiGDonnie

I'd rather have not done so if Id known what was going to happen, but at least we didn't slope off early an give up. Got to hang onto to something!

For your amusement on 17:12 - Oct 9 with 1415 viewsusm

I was in a team that got beat 18-0 (mens saturday league football) several years ago now.
The manager had gone on a last minute holiday with a couple of his mates - who played for us.
He hadn't really bothered to get a side together for the match and we got trounced. They were the best team in our league but we werent far behind.....until then.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

For your amusement on 17:22 - Oct 9 with 1388 viewsgiant_stow

For your amusement on 17:12 - Oct 9 by usm

I was in a team that got beat 18-0 (mens saturday league football) several years ago now.
The manager had gone on a last minute holiday with a couple of his mates - who played for us.
He hadn't really bothered to get a side together for the match and we got trounced. They were the best team in our league but we werent far behind.....until then.

That was nice of your manager to leave you high and dry like that!

At least you lot were good at one point!

Login to get fewer ads

For your amusement on 17:29 - Oct 9 with 1369 viewsVaughan8

Not as bad as these guys....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67046896
For your amusement on 20:23 - Oct 9 with 1262 viewsWeWereZombies

For your amusement on 17:29 - Oct 9 by Vaughan8

Not as bad as these guys....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67046896

'St Machar captain Eoin Devlin, who is usually an outfield player, had to start the game in goal and, by half-time, it is thought it was 25-0.'

Typical BBC, they go fact checking Tory conference speeches but they can't even be bothered to sort out a football score...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

For your amusement on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 1208 viewsKropotkin123

Channel it for the return fixture. Just think, if you beat them you could have an open-top bus parade, a wikipedia article dedicate to it, events decades later so no one forgets the relatively insignicant achievement.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

For your amusement on 22:57 - Oct 9 with 1180 viewsBugs

For your amusement on 12:40 - Oct 9 by BiGDonnie

For your amusement on 08:16 - Oct 10 with 1043 viewsNthQldITFC

For your amusement on 22:57 - Oct 9 by Bugs

Has she three nostrils?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024