Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. 09:03 - Sep 1 with 3349 viewsSitfcB

Not surprising.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:06 - Sep 1 with 3285 viewsCityBlue

Freddy is an enigma and with Jackson having the cameo last week it makes me wonder if K McK has a bigger plan

I T I D

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:06 - Sep 1 with 3281 viewsParky

Again, be massively underwhelmed if we let Ladapo go and replaced him with another young loan.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:18 - Sep 1 with 3114 viewsCityBlue

Charlton seem to be sniffing...

I T I D

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 3031 viewsHerbivore

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:06 - Sep 1 by Parky

Again, be massively underwhelmed if we let Ladapo go and replaced him with another young loan.

With Scarlett coming in, Ladapo is third or fourth choice already. He's not likely to want to stick around here and barely play, he's 30 years old and good enough to someone's main striker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 3027 viewstractorboy1978

Gelhardt would be a quality permanent signing - exactly the type we should be making. Doubt that will happen though.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:30 - Sep 1 with 2840 viewsDinDjarin

Rumours from Oxford fans Leigh, Edwards & Ldapo all going there.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:31 - Sep 1 with 2829 viewsParky

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:22 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

With Scarlett coming in, Ladapo is third or fourth choice already. He's not likely to want to stick around here and barely play, he's 30 years old and good enough to someone's main striker.

I might be wrong, but I think McKenna will see Scarlett similar to TJJ, can play anywhere across our front 3 and expect him to rotate.

Whether I’m just different and expect too much, but having two of your four strikers as young loans just isn’t what I was expecting. We’ve gone from being linked with Ellis Simms, Adam Armstrong etc and end up with two youth loans. (If Gelhardt even happens).

I just struggle to believe we’ve been trying all window to sign Scarlett and Gelhardt on loan. But, if McKenna has said yes, I’ll fully get behind them when playing and see what happens.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 2742 viewsKieran_Knows

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:31 - Sep 1 by Parky

I might be wrong, but I think McKenna will see Scarlett similar to TJJ, can play anywhere across our front 3 and expect him to rotate.

Whether I’m just different and expect too much, but having two of your four strikers as young loans just isn’t what I was expecting. We’ve gone from being linked with Ellis Simms, Adam Armstrong etc and end up with two youth loans. (If Gelhardt even happens).

I just struggle to believe we’ve been trying all window to sign Scarlett and Gelhardt on loan. But, if McKenna has said yes, I’ll fully get behind them when playing and see what happens.

Your last paragraph, spot on.

But hey, we can’t question that otherwise we’ll get shot down.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:36 - Sep 1 with 2706 viewsHerbivore

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:31 - Sep 1 by Parky

At some point I imagine we realised we couldn't spend £8m on one player and so to get the quality we need we've had to look at loan options.

For me, the fact Jackson started ahead of Ladapo against Leeds and we now have Scarlett as an option too means his time here could be coming to an end. It's only four games, but he's looked off it at this level so far this season and I'm not sure he's quite what McKenna wants at this level.

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 2678 viewsDinDjarin

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:35 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

Scarlett I would say we have been chasing all summer, Gelhardt not so much.
Club not landing all their first choice signings shocker on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 2636 viewsDyland

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:35 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:44 - Sep 1 with 2487 viewsITFCBlues

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:37 - Sep 1 by DinDjarin

Scarlett was probably on that list as a potential, but suspect he was way down the list.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:46 - Sep 1 with 2457 viewsHerbivore

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:37 - Sep 1 by DinDjarin

If Gelhardt is available, and it is still an if at this point, that will be a recent thing given the issues Leeds have had with Gnonto and Sinisterra not being available of late, and they've only just signed Piroe as well. He wouldn't have been available earlier in the window.

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 2388 viewsHipsterectomy

Just need to wait for the big money to be spent and trickle down...any minute now...

:)

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 2327 viewstractorboy1978

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:36 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

At some point I imagine we realised we couldn't spend £8m on one player and so to get the quality we need we've had to look at loan options.

For me, the fact Jackson started ahead of Ladapo against Leeds and we now have Scarlett as an option too means his time here could be coming to an end. It's only four games, but he's looked off it at this level so far this season and I'm not sure he's quite what McKenna wants at this level.

I think we've been surprised this window. The market at this level seems to have returned to pre COVID levels, possibly plus some.

Hirst looks an absolute steal at the moment when you look at the likes of Simms and what is being quoted for Cannon.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:54 - Sep 1 with 2276 viewsDanTheMan

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:52 - Sep 1 by tractorboy1978

I think we've been surprised this window. The market at this level seems to have returned to pre COVID levels, possibly plus some.

Hirst looks an absolute steal at the moment when you look at the likes of Simms and what is being quoted for Cannon.

This is what I was thinking, plus a lot of clubs sold on players for big money which we aren't going to compete with.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 2191 viewsHerbivore

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:52 - Sep 1 by tractorboy1978

Last two summers we've been able to out compete 80% of sides in the Championship as a League 1 club. Decent players have been available for well under £2m. The market this year has definitely been different, partly down to three big/established Prem sides coming down with money to spend, partly down to a few other sides suddenly finding some cash behind the sofa. Typical Ipswich luck really.

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 10:05 - Sep 1 with 2052 viewsPhilTWTD

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:30 - Sep 1 by DinDjarin

Think they'd struggle to manage to afford Ladapo's wages and from what I'm told we're not willing to let him go unless someone comes in.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 10:11 - Sep 1 with 1923 views_clive_baker_

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:30 - Sep 1 by DinDjarin

Oxford getting the gang back together! You love to see it if that happens.
Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 10:37 - Sep 1 with 1597 viewsNthQldITFC

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 09:36 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

I don't think that all of us have realised even yet that we can't spend £8m on one player (without selling one of our crucial assets who has not yet reached an optimum price to sell) because of FFP. It's either quality loans or £2m punts, isn't it?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 1523 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scarlett is obviously this year's TJJ and Jackson's opace will be better suited to the Championship. That leave sus needing direct competition for George Hirst. Freddie just doesn't fir that mould, so I can see the logic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ladapo could be on the move if we get another attacker in. on 10:45 - Sep 1 with 1433 viewsVic

I agree. For whatever reason the price of players, forwards especially seems to have gone up dramatically this window. I have no doubt that’s caused us to revise our plans - and there’s nothing wrong in that.

We might find we need to settle for more consolidation in this league and get the player trading thing happening before we can start the next big step up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024