Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan deals 10:42 - Apr 30 with 1937 viewsDaninthecampo

With Ed Schwartz's comments that today we start planning again for next year.

For loan deals that include a clause to make it permanent, how soon can we announce or execute the new contract? Can we do it now or do we have to wait until the new transfer window to open?

It would be great to have Hirst and TJJ sign before the summer!
Loan deals on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 1835 viewsGuthrum

Deals can be pre-announced, tho they do not come into effect until the opening of the window.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Loan deals on 10:54 - Apr 30 with 1814 viewsFrimleyBlue

mata :)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Loan deals on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 1583 viewsBigCommon

Well I hope if Hirst is coming here, it gets done quite quickly. Can't stand those will he/ won't he, drawn out sagas pre season ...
Loan deals on 13:12 - Apr 30 with 1521 viewsxrayspecs

Championship squad rules are different to L1.

Clubs are allowed 25 senior players, including keepers. U21s do not count toward total, unless they are loans.

We currently have four senior keepers, 22 senior outfield players plus Cam Humphreys who will still be a U21 next season.

That is not including TJJ and Hirst.

We will need to offload some of the current squad to create space for any senior additions.

Coleman (GK), KVY, Keogh, Luongo and Aluko are out of contract in the summer although the club may have one year options on some of them.

Even if we assume that none of those out of contract get new deals, then we will only have four spaces for new additions, with only Ladapo as a recognised forward and Luongo leaving the club.

Going to be interesting to see if the club look to upgrade some of the players whose deals extend into next season who have been more on the peripherally or injured - Evans, Camara, Jackson and Fridge.

EDITED: meant Jackson, not Chaplin. Added Edmundson.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 13:38]
Loan deals on 13:15 - Apr 30 with 1475 viewsNeedhamChris

Loan deals on 13:12 - Apr 30 by xrayspecs

Clubs are allowed 25 senior players, including keepers. U21s do not count toward total, unless they are loans.

We currently have four senior keepers, 22 senior outfield players plus Cam Humphreys who will still be a U21 next season.

We will need to offload some of the current squad to create space for any senior additions.

Coleman (GK), KVY, Keogh, Luongo and Aluko are out of contract in the summer although the club may have one year options on some of them.

Even if we assume that none of those out of contract get new deals, then we will only have four spaces for new additions, with only Ladapo as a recognised forward and Luongo leaving the club.

Going to be interesting to see if the club look to upgrade some of the players whose deals extend into next season who have been more on the peripherally or injured - Evans, Camara, Jackson and Fridge.

You ruined this post for me with your last word - we got promoted yesterday and you're including Chaplin with Evans and Camara in that comparison?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Loan deals on 13:26 - Apr 30 with 1413 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Loan deals on 13:12 - Apr 30 by xrayspecs

No way on earth Luongo doesn't get a contract. Keough will join the coaching team, I suspect Aluko too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Loan deals on 13:35 - Apr 30 with 1337 viewsxrayspecs

Loan deals on 13:26 - Apr 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

No way on earth Luongo doesn't get a contract. Keough will join the coaching team, I suspect Aluko too.

The post was not meant to be about who would get contracts more about the size of the squad and that we are going to have to wheel and deal to stay within the 25 player limit.

Luongo has been class for us this season. He was though unable to get into the Boro midfield, who have been challenging at the top end of the Champ. Would KM see a pair of 30 year olds as his regular starters? We know his is keen on Taylor from posh.

I suspect you are right about Keogh, him joining the club seemed to be as much about his coaching career as it was about playing. Aluko may fancy another season before he hangs up his boots, but both seem destined for coaching careers.
Loan deals on 13:36 - Apr 30 with 1328 viewsxrayspecs

Loan deals on 13:15 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

You ruined this post for me with your last word - we got promoted yesterday and you're including Chaplin with Evans and Camara in that comparison?

Sorry, brain freeze, that should have read Jackson.
Login to get fewer ads

Loan deals on 13:42 - Apr 30 with 1282 viewsITFCBlues

There is no deal for Hirst in his contract, that was stated at the time we agreed the loan deal

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Loan deals on 13:48 - Apr 30 with 1219 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Loan deals on 13:35 - Apr 30 by xrayspecs

The post was not meant to be about who would get contracts more about the size of the squad and that we are going to have to wheel and deal to stay within the 25 player limit.

Luongo has been class for us this season. He was though unable to get into the Boro midfield, who have been challenging at the top end of the Champ. Would KM see a pair of 30 year olds as his regular starters? We know his is keen on Taylor from posh.

I suspect you are right about Keogh, him joining the club seemed to be as much about his coaching career as it was about playing. Aluko may fancy another season before he hangs up his boots, but both seem destined for coaching careers.

Morsy was also struggling to get into the Boro midfield under Colin. So thats not a given of who is a championship player and who isn't. I think all you are saying makes a lot of sense.

This current side, for me, will be up near the play-offs. But judging from that Schwartz and Johnson have been posting the aim is up to the Prem ASAP, the question is, how many of this side can do that? We might well see players who have contributed much this season, let go in the summer and there will be no shortage of L1 clubs trying to get them.

But, it's far too soon to think about any of that. Lets win the league first.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Loan deals on 14:34 - Apr 30 with 1015 viewsxrayspecs

Loan deals on 13:48 - Apr 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Morsy was also struggling to get into the Boro midfield under Colin. So thats not a given of who is a championship player and who isn't. I think all you are saying makes a lot of sense.

This current side, for me, will be up near the play-offs. But judging from that Schwartz and Johnson have been posting the aim is up to the Prem ASAP, the question is, how many of this side can do that? We might well see players who have contributed much this season, let go in the summer and there will be no shortage of L1 clubs trying to get them.

But, it's far too soon to think about any of that. Lets win the league first.

Agreed re. Morsy. The ambition of the owners will mean that there is no room for sentiment and if we can upgrade, then we will.

I might be a minority on this one but this year was all about promotion. Job done. If we win the league, then great but I am not sure I am going to feel the same levels of anxiety prior to Fleetwood that I have before recent matches. May be wrong and I get caught up in it next weekend.

Walked out of PR with jnr yesterday and we were both relieved and exhausted. I was telling him I had a similar feeling walking back up Wembley Way after the PO final. We met some Barnsley fans that day who commented that we looked like we had lost rather than won the game that day. Stealing a playing analogy, we left nothing in the stands yesterday.

COYB.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 14:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024