Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old ITFC programmes to shft 15:33 - Apr 11 with 1328 viewsreusersfreekicks

Wonder if i could get some advice on moving on ITFC programmes going back to the lates 60s. Best place to put them on sale and how to cater for postage etc
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 15:39 - Apr 11 with 1295 viewsMullet

Ebay and buyer pays postage is usually the best way. Depends on a) can you be arsed to catalogue them all, check for damage carefully etc and make sure you get prices you're happy with.

b) google a few programme dealers and offer them around - there are still some out there.

I can ask Snr as he is a collector all the way back to the year dot. There used to be a fair that came to FPR regularly, but I have no idea how active that type of thing is in this day and age as the hobby is probably drying up a bit.

Be prepared for the fact that unless you've got something really special then you'll get close to sweet FA for most things.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Old ITFC programmes to shft on 16:14 - Apr 11 with 1229 viewsWubbleU

Yep as per previous reply value is sadly often nothing these days. Only a few still collect and for regular programmes the market is flooded on ebay. A long forgotten friendly is worth a lot more than a big match.
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 16:25 - Apr 11 with 1189 viewsMeadowlark

Wait a couple of years until we're back in the Prem, then sell 'em for loadsamoney to the glory hunters.

(That's my plan anyway!)
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 18:24 - Apr 11 with 1071 viewsstonojnr

it made me smile at the Suffolk Show last year, they had a display of various old programmes going back to the glory years and beyond, at the foundation or the supporters club tent, and they were literally giving them away for free (I think you had to donate to the trust/foundation whatever its called thesedays) if you wanted them.
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 18:32 - Apr 11 with 1054 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, unless you got something special, a bog standard set of programmes from the last 50-60 years is worth pretty much nothing.

I’ve got getting on for 1500 I would think, and other than perhaps my PO Final programme signed by Matt Holland, I don’t think any of them are worth much at all.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Old ITFC programmes to shft on 18:54 - Apr 11 with 1007 viewsxrayspecs

Aside from a few rare programmes (some pre-season friendlies, programmes for postponed matches), programmes late 60's onwards tend not to change hands for much. Some of the 61/2 season games and then pre- mid 1950s or earlier in good condition will get good prices.
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 19:41 - Apr 11 with 945 viewsFreddies_Ears

Old ITFC programmes to shft on 18:24 - Apr 11 by stonojnr

it made me smile at the Suffolk Show last year, they had a display of various old programmes going back to the glory years and beyond, at the foundation or the supporters club tent, and they were literally giving them away for free (I think you had to donate to the trust/foundation whatever its called thesedays) if you wanted them.

It was an absolute freecycle - no donations sought at all. There were around 5,000 programmes filling an offsite store that ITFC's Heritage Society had collected over the years (they still have a couple of examples of every home game from around 1974 onwards).

There really isn't any sale value in programmes from the 1970s onwards, but they are treasured by many people.

A lot get used at Foundation activities, especially with older fans, at Portman Road and elsewhere, and so, if anyone wants rid of a collection, they can be handed over to the Foundation.
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 20:42 - Apr 11 with 872 viewspafcprogs

I have been selling my Collection for a few years now. Concur with all the main points made

Couple of other things

Tickets are now selling as most complete collections then Look for something else to collect

Reserves and youth are also collectible and tend to be. Single sheet so rarer

The 60/1 away at Plymouth which was played at Torquay a single sheet goes for about £100-120 depending on condition.

Some of the Facebook groups are quite good. Also Football Programme Forum has a lot of decent people.

Best of luck. I found I looked at my collection way more when I started to sell it than when I was collecting

Also anyone with town wants feel free to message me and I’ll happily check what I have available v Plymouth and others
Login to get fewer ads

Old ITFC programmes to shft on 22:13 - Apr 11 with 756 viewschislehurstblue

Old ITFC programmes to shft on 20:42 - Apr 11 by pafcprogs

I have been selling my Collection for a few years now. Concur with all the main points made

Couple of other things

Tickets are now selling as most complete collections then Look for something else to collect

Reserves and youth are also collectible and tend to be. Single sheet so rarer

The 60/1 away at Plymouth which was played at Torquay a single sheet goes for about £100-120 depending on condition.

Some of the Facebook groups are quite good. Also Football Programme Forum has a lot of decent people.

Best of luck. I found I looked at my collection way more when I started to sell it than when I was collecting

Also anyone with town wants feel free to message me and I’ll happily check what I have available v Plymouth and others

I’ve been looking for FA Cup tickets from the 78 run. If you or anyone has any then please let me know.

I’ve got the final & semi but the rest are very hard to find.
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 23:35 - Apr 11 with 709 viewsreusersfreekicks

Thanks all for the info. May just hang onto them after all! As was said started reading them far more when sprring through them. Bizarrely have 4 fa cup final programmes from the 70s including our match!
Old ITFC programmes to shft on 00:28 - Apr 12 with 669 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sell for about a quid each, so still adds up.

Complete seasons in binders a bit more.

Just look on eBay, plenty for sale on there, so gives you an idea on costs.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024