Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst penalty decision you will ever see 20:35 - Mar 19 with 2311 viewsIllinoisblue

From Sunderland v Luton yesterday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 21:45 - Mar 19 with 2124 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The defender does put his arm across him as he enters the area, so he does do something to illegally impede the attacker, but still incredibly soft.
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 21:50 - Mar 19 with 2098 viewsSwansea_Blue

Soft, but far from the worst. At least there’s contact.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 21:52 - Mar 19 with 2095 views765765

With the high quality of cheating in the game I find it hard to criticise referees these days, the job is impossible. And yes the word is cheating not diving, which downplays it. This post is a prime example, it's putting the blame entirely at the referees door but not a word about the striker throwing himself to the ground. Which is blatant cheating, and kids will watch and copy. Brilliant.
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 23:09 - Mar 19 with 1934 viewsMattinLondon

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 21:52 - Mar 19 by 765765

With the high quality of cheating in the game I find it hard to criticise referees these days, the job is impossible. And yes the word is cheating not diving, which downplays it. This post is a prime example, it's putting the blame entirely at the referees door but not a word about the striker throwing himself to the ground. Which is blatant cheating, and kids will watch and copy. Brilliant.

Diving is cheating but the defender putting his arm out, deliberately trying to gain an advantage from such an action is also cheating.
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 02:38 - Mar 20 with 1749 viewsIllinoisblue

Undoubtedly a fair point. And in this era of VAR I think we’re all subconsciously thinking bad calls are going to get overturned when that obviously is not happening below the top tier.

But in this particular case, how does the ref and assistant not see it for what it is? If it was against us we’d be raging for weeks

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 09:06 - Mar 20 with 1450 viewsGarv

As perfectly demonstrated by Broadhead on Saturday - twice. That was the only negative from the game really.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 11:20 - Mar 20 with 1227 viewsRadlett_blue

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 23:09 - Mar 19 by MattinLondon

Diving is cheating but the defender putting his arm out, deliberately trying to gain an advantage from such an action is also cheating.

Indeed, technically it was a deliberate foul by the defender. As Rodney Marsh says, if you don't go down, you don't get the foul. Should the laws be applied differently in the penalty areas?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 11:42 - Mar 20 with 1194 viewsMattinLondon

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 11:20 - Mar 20 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, technically it was a deliberate foul by the defender. As Rodney Marsh says, if you don't go down, you don't get the foul. Should the laws be applied differently in the penalty areas?

Interesting point. In theory no, but in practice the rules are applied differently if the offence happens in the penalty box.

Personally I don’t see why diving is seen differently to a defender bear hugging a striker at a corner or deliberately fouling an opposition player as in going in late (probably doesn’t happen as much now compared to the 70s and 80s.
Login to get fewer ads

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 1000 viewsGeoffSentence

5:35 I think thats worse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 949 viewsSawtrich

The worst I will ever see is the Phil Whelan/Dean Saunders one. Still makes me cross 30 years on...
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 16:25 - Mar 20 with 930 viewsSenatorBlue

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 16:11 - Mar 20 by Sawtrich

The worst I will ever see is the Phil Whelan/Dean Saunders one. Still makes me cross 30 years on...

Me too! Best last ditch tackle ever.

Hearing of Phil Whelan always makes me queezy too. Worst thing I’ve ever seen at a game.
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 16:32 - Mar 20 with 909 viewshoppy

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 15:39 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

It doesn't include the sniper in the stand in those highlights.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 882 viewsSwansea_Blue

A fair point in general. Clear diving is a scourge and should be clamped down on harder. It's more difficult in those occasions where there is contact, as the ref has to make a judgement whether a player has been unfairly impeded. It's not always easy to know.

The situation that really bugs me is when a defender is holding off a player and then crumples to the ground. Refs ALWAYS give the free kick to the defender. I've rarely seen one where the contact from the opposition is sufficient to throw a child to the ground, let alone an adult sportsman. Feel a touch and down they go. Whereas CBs and strikers can be all over each other and refs give nothing. It's very inconsistent.

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 872 viewsSwansea_Blue

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 15:39 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

Awful, and not because it was against us. That's clear cheating.

Dell Alli was a master at creating contact where there would have been none, and got a reputation for being a cheating barsteward as a result. And that's how it should be. Shame them into embarrassment if the officials won't act.

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 18:54 - Mar 20 with 790 viewsMattinLondon

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 17:03 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

Awful, and not because it was against us. That's clear cheating.

Dell Alli was a master at creating contact where there would have been none, and got a reputation for being a cheating barsteward as a result. And that's how it should be. Shame them into embarrassment if the officials won't act.

And how exactly would a player be shamed? His own club fans won’t care and if they happen to play for England as well then very little English fans won’t care as well.
The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 19:34 - Mar 20 with 745 viewsGeoffSentence

The worst penalty decision you will ever see on 16:32 - Mar 20 by hoppy

It doesn't include the sniper in the stand in those highlights.

only made worse by the one he didn't give on 7:20. Keith Stroud really is feckig useless.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024