Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Listening to mckenna 22:36 - Jan 14 with 2715 viewsBobsthename

think he knows we were out played and we had nothing to show once we lost the lead tactics plymouth got it right we never shame.
Listening to mckenna on 22:43 - Jan 14 with 2653 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nonsense .....again
Listening to mckenna on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 2630 viewsLeoMuff

Don’t think so, we certainly weren’t outplayed, both sides had chances, think we shaded it just. There were only 4 or 5 mins left after the equaliser, not sure what else could be done.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Listening to mckenna on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 2628 viewsBobsthename

Listening to mckenna on 22:43 - Jan 14 by reusersfreekicks

Nonsense .....again

It’s true tell me why i’m wrong thought everything was wrong today.
Listening to mckenna on 22:46 - Jan 14 with 2584 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Listening to mckenna on 22:44 - Jan 14 by LeoMuff

Don’t think so, we certainly weren’t outplayed, both sides had chances, think we shaded it just. There were only 4 or 5 mins left after the equaliser, not sure what else could be done.

Well we could have not conceded, that would have helped.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Listening to mckenna on 22:47 - Jan 14 with 2568 viewsWeirdFishes

Saying we are outplayed is simply not true. Both teams had spells on top with us edging it ever so slightly (in my opinion).

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Listening to mckenna on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 2551 viewsLeoMuff

Listening to mckenna on 22:46 - Jan 14 by You_Bloo_Right

Well we could have not conceded, that would have helped.

Talking to op who said we had nothing to show after losing the lead.

The only Muff in Town.

Listening to mckenna on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 2551 viewsbackwaywhen

Listening to mckenna on 22:44 - Jan 14 by Bobsthename

Met our match today , Plymouth are a good side , they haven’t lost away since August , never going to be a stroll today , we go again but must learn to see games out .
Listening to mckenna on 22:49 - Jan 14 with 2536 viewsreusersfreekicks

If that was the case we would have lost. We didn't we were close to winning. Need to stop conceding late on that's all
Login to get fewer ads

Listening to mckenna on 00:48 - Jan 15 with 2222 viewsStewart27

It’s nonsense.

We weren’t outplayed for one.

We didn’t look like getting back into it after the equaliser? It was in the 93rd minute.
Listening to mckenna on 01:03 - Jan 15 with 2181 viewsSarge

Bob’s the name, talking out my arse is the game
Listening to mckenna on 06:15 - Jan 15 with 1998 viewscressi

Listening to mckenna on 00:48 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

It’s nonsense.

We weren’t outplayed for one.

We didn’t look like getting back into it after the equaliser? It was in the 93rd minute.

Don't think outplayed but thought we was poor, a few players let the occasion get the better of them showed in the last couple of months we are not complete and still looking for players to improve us.
Listening to mckenna on 07:27 - Jan 15 with 1894 viewsSawtrich

I'm amazed anyone thinks we were outplayed but everyone sees the game differently I suppose. A few stats from whoscored;

Total shots
Ips 12 Ply 9

Total passes
Ips 419 Ply 420

The action area thirds were

27% 45% 29%

Not often you get a game as statistically even as that. I thought it was a terrific, if slightly frenetic, game between two brilliant side for this level in front of a fabulous atmosphere. Everything that makes you fall in love with football in fact. Obviously gutted with a late equaliser but with twenty games to go there's everything to play for. Exciting times.
Listening to mckenna on 07:41 - Jan 15 with 1828 viewsblueislander

Listening to mckenna on 07:27 - Jan 15 by Sawtrich

I'm amazed anyone thinks we were outplayed but everyone sees the game differently I suppose. A few stats from whoscored;

Total shots
Ips 12 Ply 9

Total passes
Ips 419 Ply 420

The action area thirds were

27% 45% 29%

Not often you get a game as statistically even as that. I thought it was a terrific, if slightly frenetic, game between two brilliant side for this level in front of a fabulous atmosphere. Everything that makes you fall in love with football in fact. Obviously gutted with a late equaliser but with twenty games to go there's everything to play for. Exciting times.

I looked at the stats at half time , and it could not have been more even. I haven’t looked at the total match stats , but I suggest they would have been the same. Plymouth played really well. They had done their homework , and didn’t allow us to dominate possession. We are used to seeing Town have the ball for long periods, and, I guess ,that is why some are saying that we played poorly.
Listening to mckenna on 07:50 - Jan 15 with 1777 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Even the Plymouth manager didn't think they outplayed us.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Listening to mckenna on 07:51 - Jan 15 with 1785 viewsSawtrich

Listening to mckenna on 07:41 - Jan 15 by blueislander

I looked at the stats at half time , and it could not have been more even. I haven’t looked at the total match stats , but I suggest they would have been the same. Plymouth played really well. They had done their homework , and didn’t allow us to dominate possession. We are used to seeing Town have the ball for long periods, and, I guess ,that is why some are saying that we played poorly.

Yes, that's probably it. It was a bit of a shock to the system to see the opposition with "so much" possession when we've been used to totally dominating.
Listening to mckenna on 07:54 - Jan 15 with 1773 viewsLeoMuff

Listening to mckenna on 22:48 - Jan 14 by backwaywhen

Met our match today , Plymouth are a good side , they haven’t lost away since August , never going to be a stroll today , we go again but must learn to see games out .

We did meet our match, it was a very even game which we were unlucky not to win in the end, compare to Rotherham at home last season we lost 0-2 and were totally outplayed, now we are equals to the best side in the league.

We have come a long way but there is still some work to be done for us to be the next Plymouth or Rotherham who are dominating the league.

The only Muff in Town.

Listening to mckenna on 08:00 - Jan 15 with 1760 viewsdirtyboy

Best team we’ve played this season by some margin.

Also felt that was one of our poorest performances by some
Individuals, Walton was not as silky as we’ve seen, JD wasn’t too notch, Evans and Morsy were both quiet for large periods, but is much of that because if Plymouth? Quite probably…

McKenna won’t panic.

Positives…Hirst instantly looked a handful and a different prospect to have up front.
We do have a long way to go, I’m not giving up.
Broadhead to come in.

Portman road was ace. Until the goal, that took it out of us all…filtered to players instantly.

No overreaction from me, just disappointed, toughest game out of the way.
Listening to mckenna on 08:14 - Jan 15 with 1677 viewsNthQldITFC

Listening to mckenna on 08:00 - Jan 15 by dirtyboy

Individuals, Walton was not as silky as we’ve seen, JD wasn’t too notch, Evans and Morsy were both quiet for large periods, but is much of that because if Plymouth? Quite probably…

McKenna won’t panic.

Positives…Hirst instantly looked a handful and a different prospect to have up front.
Broadhead to come in.

Portman road was ace. Until the goal, that took it out of us all…filtered to players instantly.

That is bang on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Listening to mckenna on 08:18 - Jan 15 with 1654 viewsRIPbobby

Plymouth played well and used lots of energy, especially first half. We got all the basics wrong first half. We were better second half. Wes scored a unstoppable shot and we tried to hang on. And for the 3rd time this season they score a long shot against us.

Overall I think we were a long way from our best, but the coaching and system kept us in the game. I think we looked tired out there today. We probably could have managed our fitness levels better. Perhaps Jackson should have run his socks off for an hour or so. I feel we also missed Aluko and Leigh as back up.

We go again.
Listening to mckenna on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 1543 viewsArnieM

“ outplayed” ????

What planet are you on OP’er?

There was not much in it in the first half.
Second half we came out if the blocks and they were on the rack. As we do often do to teams. We take the lead and it was only going one way . Then Wilson gets head injury and there’s lengthy injury time. That stole our rhythm and intensity. I think ( scum) Plymouth ( they’ve plummeted in my opinion due to their scum love in now), had had a single meaningful shot on our goal up to that point.

We never really regained that impetus, then as we do every game , when we’re really asked to defend balls into our box, we fail.

Plymouth have just “ suddenly “ become promotion contenders, they , like SWFC have been a good couple of seasons in their build up. We, by comparison, are in our first year under McKenna.

I think we will just fall short mainly because we can’t break stubborn , park the bus teams, or defend 1-0 leads.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Listening to mckenna on 08:49 - Jan 15 with 1481 viewschicoazul

Listening to mckenna on 08:00 - Jan 15 by dirtyboy

McKenna won’t panic.

Broadhead to come in.

If you don’t win your toughest games you don’t get automatic promotion. You don’t win the league. With an enormous budget, huge staff, multi million pound signings from the Premier League, you must must win your toughest games. Otherwise, you failed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Listening to mckenna on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1436 viewslongtimefan

Listening to mckenna on 08:40 - Jan 15 by ArnieM

“ outplayed” ????

What planet are you on OP’er?

There was not much in it in the first half.
Second half we came out if the blocks and they were on the rack. As we do often do to teams. We take the lead and it was only going one way . Then Wilson gets head injury and there’s lengthy injury time. That stole our rhythm and intensity. I think ( scum) Plymouth ( they’ve plummeted in my opinion due to their scum love in now), had had a single meaningful shot on our goal up to that point.

We never really regained that impetus, then as we do every game , when we’re really asked to defend balls into our box, we fail.

Plymouth have just “ suddenly “ become promotion contenders, they , like SWFC have been a good couple of seasons in their build up. We, by comparison, are in our first year under McKenna.

I think we will just fall short mainly because we can’t break stubborn , park the bus teams, or defend 1-0 leads.

We certainly weren’t outplayed, but I do think we were outthought. Their pressing tactics were so spot on that we were never able to effectively play our possession based approach and had to play far more long and direct. In contrast we never really seemed to be able to press them in the same manner.
Listening to mckenna on 10:12 - Jan 15 with 1267 viewsArnieM

Listening to mckenna on 08:57 - Jan 15 by longtimefan

We certainly weren’t outplayed, but I do think we were outthought. Their pressing tactics were so spot on that we were never able to effectively play our possession based approach and had to play far more long and direct. In contrast we never really seemed to be able to press them in the same manner.

Yes I’d agree , outthought. But how much if that is down to being so predictable? We always play this way out from the back. Every opponent knows we will do it. We all pay ourselves on our own backs stating how good we are at possession. But how much of that is down to opponents allowing us to have the ball . We’re no threat in our half with our game are we!
Plymouth were cute. They put us under pressure the whole game by flooding our box, stopping our build up play. We didn’t have a plan B, and our defenders ( who are basic at best for me) were found out. They can’t deal with pressure, they can’t deal with balls into our box.

If this Club doesn’t get in a decent defender this window we can forget promotion this season. We can’t defend 1-0 leads, and we can’t finish games off, so what hope in the play offs?

We are not quite the finished article .

NONE of what I say should be taken as criticism of our great club, manager or team. But more an observation of where we are currently at. This is Gamechangers first real season in charge. I think it would be a helluva achievement to get promotion at the first shout under GC/ McK

We must sort the defence out to achieve this I feel.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Listening to mckenna on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 1243 viewsFrimleyBlue

Listening to mckenna on 10:12 - Jan 15 by ArnieM

Yes I’d agree , outthought. But how much if that is down to being so predictable? We always play this way out from the back. Every opponent knows we will do it. We all pay ourselves on our own backs stating how good we are at possession. But how much of that is down to opponents allowing us to have the ball . We’re no threat in our half with our game are we!
Plymouth were cute. They put us under pressure the whole game by flooding our box, stopping our build up play. We didn’t have a plan B, and our defenders ( who are basic at best for me) were found out. They can’t deal with pressure, they can’t deal with balls into our box.

If this Club doesn’t get in a decent defender this window we can forget promotion this season. We can’t defend 1-0 leads, and we can’t finish games off, so what hope in the play offs?

NONE of what I say should be taken as criticism of our great club, manager or team. But more an observation of where we are currently at. This is Gamechangers first real season in charge. I think it would be a helluva achievement to get promotion at the first shout under GC/ McK

First season in charge?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Listening to mckenna on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 1211 viewspointofblue

Listening to mckenna on 10:12 - Jan 15 by ArnieM

Defence is not the problem. It’s the midfield. Saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised if we were looking to bring someone in to perhaps usurp Burgess. Keogh is clearly showing his age whilst Edmundson is out of favour with his best position being the right side of defence.

McKenna was poor tactically yesterday too. Herbivore put it far better than I could in another thread but basically he made changes which blunted our attack but didn’t help to shore us up.

Midfield (Humphreys pushed off the ball far too easily for the second goal in a number of games being a key factor) and McKenna were the issues yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024