Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any GTA fans? 23:13 - Dec 1 with 1772 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

This is actually really fascinating

Any GTA fans? on 23:27 - Dec 1 with 1644 viewsmonytowbray

How did we gut ourselves from being a front runner nation of game development? Rare were also a 90s UK gem that spat out hit after hit after hit.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Any GTA fans? on 00:04 - Dec 2 with 1593 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

This is a good (hour long) watch on the story of DMA/Rockstar from noclip. I found the stuff about their other early games extremely interesting.

noclip also have a great video about Half-Life called Unforseen Consequences which is an equally interesting tale about another game that changed gaming.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Any GTA fans? on 08:18 - Dec 2 with 1425 viewsdavblue

i remember playing that game when it came out. A boy who was friends of one of my best mates invited us around to play it and his parents were the church type, once they found out the content it was banned in his house, a really great playable game.
Any GTA fans? on 08:25 - Dec 2 with 1413 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve seen this before - it’s very good.

Though I was hoping the OP was going to be some GTA 6 reveal!
Any GTA fans? on 13:02 - Dec 2 with 1269 viewsvilanovablue

Any GTA fans? on 23:27 - Dec 1 by monytowbray

How did we gut ourselves from being a front runner nation of game development? Rare were also a 90s UK gem that spat out hit after hit after hit.

And were formerly Ultimate (play the game) before that!
Any GTA fans? on 13:14 - Dec 2 with 1237 viewsclive_baker

This is a tenuous link but I thought it was a cool story. A guy I know is good friends with my sister is good mates with someone who was involved with the making of GTA Vice City. I think he was a designed or some such role. Anyhoo, as a 'nod' to my mate he incorporated his initials into the game. They were in graffiti on a random wall somewhere, but he gave my mate the coordinates so he could drive there and have a look. I was well jealous.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Any GTA fans? on 13:19 - Dec 2 with 1206 viewsDanTheMan

Any GTA fans? on 23:27 - Dec 1 by monytowbray

We do still have a decent number of game developers to be fair.

- Rockstar are still massive with GTA making money hand over fist.
- Rare are still alive and kicking, maybe not at quite their 90s heyday but Sea of Thieves is a cracking game and they've got another in the pipeline
- Traveller's Tales makes lots of the LEGO games which are very successful.
- Sports Interactive set the watermark for sport simulation games
- Creative Assembly's Total War games have been hugely successful, especially their teaming up with Games Workshop who are also British.

It's not quite as dominant as we were back in the 90s but there are still loads kicking around, and we've got a really good indie scene.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any GTA fans? on 15:14 - Dec 2 with 1066 viewsFunge

Any GTA fans? on 13:19 - Dec 2 by DanTheMan

We do still have a decent number of game developers to be fair.

- Rockstar are still massive with GTA making money hand over fist.
- Rare are still alive and kicking, maybe not at quite their 90s heyday but Sea of Thieves is a cracking game and they've got another in the pipeline
- Traveller's Tales makes lots of the LEGO games which are very successful.
- Sports Interactive set the watermark for sport simulation games
- Creative Assembly's Total War games have been hugely successful, especially their teaming up with Games Workshop who are also British.

It's not quite as dominant as we were back in the 90s but there are still loads kicking around, and we've got a really good indie scene.

Alright Dan and apologies for hi-jacking your post - but this happened recently, and it's the most ridiculous gaming achievement I've ever seen.

This bloke spent 7 years creating, and then subsequently completing the hardest Super Mario level ever.

Well worth a few minutes of your time if you're feeling pure geek, as I often do.

Just look at it - level starts at 16:40, it's fully, fully crackers.

Login to get fewer ads

Any GTA fans? on 16:04 - Dec 2 with 1010 viewsDanTheMan

Any GTA fans? on 15:14 - Dec 2 by Funge

Alright Dan and apologies for hi-jacking your post - but this happened recently, and it's the most ridiculous gaming achievement I've ever seen.

This bloke spent 7 years creating, and then subsequently completing the hardest Super Mario level ever.

Well worth a few minutes of your time if you're feeling pure geek, as I often do.

Just look at it - level starts at 16:40, it's fully, fully crackers.

That was very good, not heard of this particular feat! I would absolutely not have the patience for anything like that, can barely make it through a Souls game.

One of my favourite YouTube channels does the history of certain speedruns which are well worth watching.

www.youtube.com/@SummoningSalt/videos
[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 16:04]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any GTA fans? on 16:14 - Dec 2 with 975 viewsFunge

Any GTA fans? on 16:04 - Dec 2 by DanTheMan

That was very good, not heard of this particular feat! I would absolutely not have the patience for anything like that, can barely make it through a Souls game.

One of my favourite YouTube channels does the history of certain speedruns which are well worth watching.

www.youtube.com/@SummoningSalt/videos
[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 16:04]

This link is most interesting, thank you Bossman.

There's a whole rabbit-hole of this stuff on YT; mans really needs to stop wasting time watching all this guff, and get some sunlight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024