Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you Twitterers.... 19:25 - Nov 4 with 3777 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shouldn't you be sticking it to Musk and leaving? Perhaps you are?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

All you Twitterers.... on 19:27 - Nov 4 with 2734 viewsGeoffSentence

As he has sacked half the company, before long there will be another thing along that looks just like twitter but isnt twitter.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

All you Twitterers.... on 19:30 - Nov 4 with 2707 viewsHARRY10

All you Twitterers.... on 19:27 - Nov 4 by GeoffSentence

As he has sacked half the company, before long there will be another thing along that looks just like twitter but isnt twitter.

'I can't believe it's not twitter'
All you Twitterers.... on 19:31 - Nov 4 with 2706 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Isn't that called Trumpet or something?

All you Twitterers.... on 19:32 - Nov 4 with 2698 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How people validate him by buying his cars is beyond me.

All you Twitterers.... on 21:31 - Nov 4 with 2599 viewsBlueBadger

All you Twitterers.... on 19:32 - Nov 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

How people validate him by buying his cars is beyond me.

Being a fan of Elon Musk is up there with going on holiday in Dubai as a sign that someone is probably a wrong 'un.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All you Twitterers.... on 23:03 - Nov 4 with 2478 viewsIllinoisblue

Sticking around but blocking all ads.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

All you Twitterers.... on 23:22 - Nov 4 with 2462 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Hopefully the tedious, bigoted, narcissistic blaggard has bitten off too much this time.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 23:56]
All you Twitterers.... on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 2444 viewsRyorry

Blocked him.

Sticking it to him indirectly.

Might well leave, see how it goes for a bit.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

All you Twitterers.... on 00:13 - Nov 5 with 2380 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I'm already working on it...

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

All you Twitterers.... on 00:32 - Nov 5 with 2352 viewsEnigma_Blue

Twitter is awful regardless of who owns it.
All you Twitterers.... on 06:48 - Nov 5 with 2239 viewsBlueBadger

All you Twitterers.... on 23:22 - Nov 4 by FromReuserWithLove

Hopefully the tedious, bigoted, narcissistic blaggard has bitten off too much this time.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 23:56]

If nothing else, I'm enjoying the work he's doing to dispel the 'billionaires get that way because of their one savvy and not by fluke of birth' myth that his fanboys love.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All you Twitterers.... on 08:44 - Nov 5 with 2144 viewsbluelagos

All you Twitterers.... on 00:32 - Nov 5 by Enigma_Blue

Twitter is awful regardless of who owns it.

Twitter is a medium for communication, no more no less. Of course there is lots of cr×p on there, some of it very unpleasant.

Much like books really. But I've not heard people say "Books are awful" for the obvious reason that lots of books are very good.

If you think all of twitter is awful then it may not be for you. But that is your loss. Lots of twitter is awful, lots is brilliant. You just need to choose what you read carefully,
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 9:05]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

All you Twitterers.... on 08:51 - Nov 5 with 2134 viewsGlasgowBlue

All you Twitterers.... on 08:44 - Nov 5 by bluelagos

Twitter is a medium for communication, no more no less. Of course there is lots of cr×p on there, some of it very unpleasant.

Much like books really. But I've not heard people say "Books are awful" for the obvious reason that lots of books are very good.

If you think all of twitter is awful then it may not be for you. But that is your loss. Lots of twitter is awful, lots is brilliant. You just need to choose what you read carefully,

I agree with most of what you say. But twitter has also been very slow and reluctant to remove hate speech, which is its massive failing and will only get worse under Musk.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All you Twitterers.... on 08:52 - Nov 5 with 2135 viewsSimonds92

To be fair, books are awful. Just watch the film, its much more enjoyable.
All you Twitterers.... on 08:56 - Nov 5 with 2130 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Didn't Musk just sack half of the workforce without notice? Nevermind the fact he's a narcissistic megalomaniac. Why help feed his ego.

All you Twitterers.... on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 2120 viewsStokieBlue

All you Twitterers.... on 08:51 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

I agree with most of what you say. But twitter has also been very slow and reluctant to remove hate speech, which is its massive failing and will only get worse under Musk.

Musk will be the end of Twitter but possibly unfortunately Twitter won't be the end of Musk.

Even if he loses his entire investment it's still "only" about ~15% of his net worth and he's sitting on probably the most valuable non-listed company in the world which can be floated at any time for huge profits (SpaceX).

So we are probably stuck with him for a good while anyway. In the meantime Twitter will become even more of a cesspit than it already is.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

All you Twitterers.... on 09:04 - Nov 5 with 2107 viewsbluelagos

All you Twitterers.... on 08:51 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

100%

I wonder if a credible alternative will emerge. No desire to support Musk at all. Sacking people by email ffs

All you Twitterers.... on 09:13 - Nov 5 with 2077 viewsbluelagos

All you Twitterers.... on 08:56 - Nov 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Didn't Musk just sack half of the workforce without notice? Nevermind the fact he's a narcissistic megalomaniac. Why help feed his ego.

It's a fair challenge.

For now, I think I'll largely limit my use to reading it's content.

But it is also a useful medium for campaigning. Should I stop tweeting highlighting issues around police corruption and the need for reform because a waanker like Musk owns the medium?

Should we be limited to the MSM for our access to news?

Twitter has enabled many people to get their stories out, stories that would otherwise go unheard.

No simple answers.

All you Twitterers.... on 09:20 - Nov 5 with 2053 viewsgtsb1966

Talking of twitter, is there any way of seeing stuff posted on there without having to have an account and sign in. If there isnt can you open an account and have it so you dont get bombarded with emails etc.
All you Twitterers.... on 09:54 - Nov 5 with 2007 viewsurbanblue

All you Twitterers.... on 09:20 - Nov 5 by gtsb1966

Talking of twitter, is there any way of seeing stuff posted on there without having to have an account and sign in. If there isnt can you open an account and have it so you dont get bombarded with emails etc.

I joined Twitter a few months ago so I could follow a thread I was interested in without hinderence.

Rarely go on there, have never posted anything, and haven't received one e mail from them.
All you Twitterers.... on 10:53 - Nov 5 with 1914 viewsRyorry

All you Twitterers.... on 09:20 - Nov 5 by gtsb1966

I've been in it since 2012, follow & am followed by over 2K people. Have never had even one unsolicited email.

It's the best medium there is for getting companies with poor or non-existent customer service to actually do something (usually fairly quickly) about your faulty or missing goods, services etc. - quite aside from all the direct campaigning etc. that Lagos mentioned.

Not to mention the glorious photos & chats with people from all over the world, political inside info that msm refuse to cover, proper info from scientists & docs re Covid etc; satirical cartoons, comedy , new literature, art & music- etc etc. It is what you make it - or at least it was ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

All you Twitterers.... on 11:23 - Nov 5 with 1852 viewsJ2BLUE

I despise Musk. Would love to see him fall flat on his smug face.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All you Twitterers.... on 11:57 - Nov 5 with 1799 viewsEnigma_Blue

All you Twitterers.... on 08:52 - Nov 5 by Simonds92

To be fair, books are awful. Just watch the film, its much more enjoyable.

Not every great book gets made into a film. If you only ever wait for a possible film adaptation then you are missing out on some great stories.

Also reading is an excellent way for people to improve their vocabulary, spelling and grammar.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:01]
All you Twitterers.... on 12:02 - Nov 5 with 1770 viewsJ2BLUE

All you Twitterers.... on 11:57 - Nov 5 by Enigma_Blue

Not every great book gets made into a film. If you only ever wait for a possible film adaptation then you are missing out on some great stories.

Also reading is an excellent way for people to improve their vocabulary, spelling and grammar.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:01]

But not their ability to tell if a comment is serious

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All you Twitterers.... on 12:10 - Nov 5 with 1729 viewsEnigma_Blue

All you Twitterers.... on 12:02 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

But not their ability to tell if a comment is serious

Oh am I due a whoosh? To be fair it's not always easy to tell on here whether someone is being serious or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024