Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morecambe booking after the final whistle 21:50 - Oct 11 with 1291 viewsPinewoodblue

https://fanbanter.co.uk/morecambe-player-booked-for-angrily-slapping-referees-ha

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 08:14 - Oct 12 with 936 viewsGeoffSentence

Will be interesting to see if any further punishment is handed out given this

Egan Ban Details Revealed 9th Jun 2022 21:29
Swearing at the referee and slapping his hand led to Ipswich Town Women’s defender Lucy Egan’s lengthy suspension. 22

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:23 - Oct 12 with 743 viewsFreddies_Ears

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 08:14 - Oct 12 by GeoffSentence

Will be interesting to see if any further punishment is handed out given this

Egan Ban Details Revealed 9th Jun 2022 21:29
Swearing at the referee and slapping his hand led to Ipswich Town Women’s defender Lucy Egan’s lengthy suspension. 22

I asked about this. The difference, allegedly, is that Egan's episode happened off the pitch, and also that it was judged per grassroots football rules, so the offence was striking a match official, which equates it to some nutter from the Dog & Duck nutting a lino, for example.
Of all the people to deserve a lengthy ban, she would have been be right at the bottom of any list I drew up.
Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:27 - Oct 12 with 726 viewsGeoffSentence

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:23 - Oct 12 by Freddies_Ears

I asked about this. The difference, allegedly, is that Egan's episode happened off the pitch, and also that it was judged per grassroots football rules, so the offence was striking a match official, which equates it to some nutter from the Dog & Duck nutting a lino, for example.
Of all the people to deserve a lengthy ban, she would have been be right at the bottom of any list I drew up.

Doesn't seem right to me that a professional male footballer would be treated less harshly than a female footballer for what amounts to the same offence. That it happened on or off the pitch is barely relevant. It felt as if she was being treated very harshly at the time, seems more like it now.

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:31 - Oct 12 with 686 viewsclive_baker

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:27 - Oct 12 by GeoffSentence

Doesn't seem right to me that a professional male footballer would be treated less harshly than a female footballer for what amounts to the same offence. That it happened on or off the pitch is barely relevant. It felt as if she was being treated very harshly at the time, seems more like it now.

Stupid thing to do and should be punished. Although given Morecambe play Barnsley and Pompey in the next month, selfishly I would rather their captain is available for them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:43 - Oct 12 with 640 viewsGeoffSentence

Morecambe booking after the final whistle on 10:31 - Oct 12 by clive_baker

Stupid thing to do and should be punished. Although given Morecambe play Barnsley and Pompey in the next month, selfishly I would rather their captain is available for them.

I wouldnt argue for a stronger punishment for the Fleetwood player, but I do think the FA need to look at how the apply punishments more fairly across the mens and womens games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024