Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… 12:38 - Jul 26 with 5008 viewsSitfcB

…trying to get pyro etc into the ground and when they let it off, pull the cord discretely!

No pyro, no party after all.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:42 - Jul 26 with 2793 viewsCheltenham_Blue

At no party I've ever been to in my whole life, even the most drunken debouched party imaginable has anyone I know felt the need to let off a pyro.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 12:47]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:47 - Jul 26 with 2725 viewsGeoffSentence

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:42 - Jul 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

At no party I've ever been to in my whole life, even the most drunken debouched party imaginable has anyone I know felt the need to let off a pyro.

I've been to fireworks parties. They let off loads at them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 2703 viewsBlueBadger

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:47 - Jul 26 by GeoffSentence

Not generally in the middle of the people turning up to them though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 2669 viewsGeoffSentence

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:50 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

Indeed, but that wasnt one of CBs parameters.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:13 - Jul 26 with 2576 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:42 - Jul 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

You’ve never lived (or rather, you’re still alive!)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:19 - Jul 26 with 2542 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone with a pyro near me on Saturday is going to get a rocket up their backside.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:23 - Jul 26 with 2511 viewsGeoffSentence

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:13 - Jul 26 by Swansea_Blue

You’ve never lived (or rather, you’re still alive!)

That's America. They mad over there.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:30 - Jul 26 with 2478 viewsVeggie

Didn’t someone on here say he worked with pyros and they weren’t dangerous? What a load of twaddle. Personally if anyone gets hit by one I hope the person that lets it off gets sued into oblivion.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 13:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:30 - Jul 26 with 2475 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:50 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

Sparklers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:35 - Jul 26 with 2433 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 12:47 - Jul 26 by GeoffSentence

Few years back, went to a fireworks display - Lagos style. Went to the pub around Nov 5 - British landlord - he was pretty drunk to be fair.

So he calls all the customers (also well oiled) into the outdoor space where he has some fireworks to let off. Which would have been fine if they had gone up in the air. But a couple toppled in between lighting and
going off - meaning they went off at ankle height - bouncing off the walls causing everyone to dance/jump around.

I ended up behind the pub generator, with some protection from the ongoing "display" - until a mate pointed out the gen is full of diesel so instead we opted to run inside for safety.

No one hurt - but more luck that judgement.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:40 - Jul 26 with 2405 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:30 - Jul 26 by Veggie

Didn’t someone on here say he worked with pyros and they weren’t dangerous? What a load of twaddle. Personally if anyone gets hit by one I hope the person that lets it off gets sued into oblivion.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 13:30]

Lucan works in the business and is well versed on the types of pyro available and the legalities.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:43 - Jul 26 with 2367 viewsjeera

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:23 - Jul 26 by GeoffSentence

That's America. They mad over there.

I never understand how some people will spend hundreds on fireworks but won't spend a tenner on a few bags of sand to set them into.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 2340 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:43 - Jul 26 by jeera

I never understand how some people will spend hundreds on fireworks but won't spend a tenner on a few bags of sand to set them into.

Willing to bet this wins TWTD top trumps on out of control fireworks. About 1/4 mile from my flat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Lagos_armoury_explosion

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:52 - Jul 26 with 2312 viewsHipsterectomy

I dunno why people think these are 'cool'. It reminds me of Charlton fans last season who were chucking them down into their own disabled fans

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:52 - Jul 26 with 2303 viewsjeera

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:48 - Jul 26 by bluelagos

Willing to bet this wins TWTD top trumps on out of control fireworks. About 1/4 mile from my flat.

Well yes I accept a bucket of water and some sand wouldn't have been of much use there.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 2294 viewsIllinoisblue

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:48 - Jul 26 by bluelagos

Yeah that’s winning. 1000 dead versus my neighbour once burned a tree down with a firework.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 2288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:35 - Jul 26 by bluelagos

Few years back, went to a fireworks display - Lagos style. Went to the pub around Nov 5 - British landlord - he was pretty drunk to be fair.

So he calls all the customers (also well oiled) into the outdoor space where he has some fireworks to let off. Which would have been fine if they had gone up in the air. But a couple toppled in between lighting and
going off - meaning they went off at ankle height - bouncing off the walls causing everyone to dance/jump around.

I ended up behind the pub generator, with some protection from the ongoing "display" - until a mate pointed out the gen is full of diesel so instead we opted to run inside for safety.

No one hurt - but more luck that judgement.

A good way to get people dancing!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:57 - Jul 26 with 2276 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:54 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

Yeah that’s winning. 1000 dead versus my neighbour once burned a tree down with a firework.

It was fcking sh1t. Not sure "winning" is the best term (me bad)

Over a 1000 died and barely any coverage globally. I wrote to the Times complaining at their 57 words of page 11 (I counted them) - covering a 1000 people dying.

They reckon it was probably started by someone cooking - people had moved and lived over the arms depot.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:59 - Jul 26 with 2277 viewsStokieBlue

Or you could just enjoy the match without that rubbish?

Is there anything you don't have a rubbish opinion about?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:05 - Jul 26 with 2233 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:52 - Jul 26 by Hipsterectomy

I dunno why people think these are 'cool'. It reminds me of Charlton fans last season who were chucking them down into their own disabled fans

So couple of things.

Firstly, they look the bollx when done properly. Secondly they are an attempt to keep football unsanitised, people know they are banned yet want football to retain some of it's edge/fun.

That said, the law is clear, as are the club communications around bans/prosecutions. So anyone partaking is clearly risking a lot.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:06 - Jul 26 with 2226 viewsjeera

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 13:52 - Jul 26 by Hipsterectomy

Used by people with no interest in seeing the game clearly.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:10 - Jul 26 with 2197 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:06 - Jul 26 by jeera

Used by people with no interest in seeing the game clearly.

Went to a Dortmund v Bayern match 3 years back. The yellow wall to my right, Bayern fans in a corner in the opposite stand. After Munich went 3 up the Bayern fans let off pretty much every bit of pyro, stopping the match as you literally couldn't see across the pitch.

Looked amazing - but pretty sure I'd not have wanted to be in the middle of it.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:12 - Jul 26 with 2182 viewsunbelievablue

Flags, displays, etc. - excellent.

Pyro - no real need for it, is there. Think some people have raised health concerns too.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:17 - Jul 26 with 2150 viewsGeoffSentence

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:05 - Jul 26 by bluelagos

So couple of things.

Firstly, they look the bollx when done properly. Secondly they are an attempt to keep football unsanitised, people know they are banned yet want football to retain some of it's edge/fun.

That said, the law is clear, as are the club communications around bans/prosecutions. So anyone partaking is clearly risking a lot.

Regarding the Charlton game, they didnt take a great deal of care with them and one of them came within inches of hitting one their disabled fans. Poor so and so had to scamper off as fast as his walking frame and carer would take him.

The rest of the fans in that section were getting choked by the smoke and many of them vacated it as hurriedly as they could.

Like so many things that could be great, one knobwit can spoil it for everyone.

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:22 - Jul 26 with 2122 viewsjeera

Hopefully people will be a bit more streetwise when… on 14:10 - Jul 26 by bluelagos

Went to a Dortmund v Bayern match 3 years back. The yellow wall to my right, Bayern fans in a corner in the opposite stand. After Munich went 3 up the Bayern fans let off pretty much every bit of pyro, stopping the match as you literally couldn't see across the pitch.

Looked amazing - but pretty sure I'd not have wanted to be in the middle of it.

That's the thing, people think you're being a wet blanket being opposed to the things.

But frankly if I'm there I don't want to be missing goals/action because someone wants to play silly beggars.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024