Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. 13:33 - Jul 16 with 1494 viewsZXBlue

Is there not one decent, informed, reasonable candidate in the conservative party?

It really has become Ukip lite.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 13:36 - Jul 16 with 1468 viewsMattinLondon

Lite? The Parliamentary Tory party is more UKIP than UKIP.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 18:05 - Jul 16 with 1324 viewsBlueBadger

And, again...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 18:18 - Jul 16 with 1305 viewsPlums

Another one with a problem with the truth too
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 18:18]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 18:34 - Jul 16 with 1257 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 18:18 - Jul 16 by Plums

reservist only? In 2010? Certainly not the impression that has been created.

A reservist at the age of 35/6 ? Seems old to be a hobby soldier.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 20:35 - Jul 16 with 1149 viewsWD19

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 18:18 - Jul 16 by Plums

Anyone not actively supporting Mordaunt at this stage is, by default, facilitating a Truss premiership.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 21:57 - Jul 16 with 1062 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 20:35 - Jul 16 by WD19

Anyone not actively supporting Mordaunt at this stage is, by default, facilitating a Truss premiership.

Where do I cast my vote?
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:29 - Jul 16 with 1035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 21:57 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Where do I cast my vote?

I can see quite a few of those who voted Braverman going to Badenoch in the next round. Even tough Braverman endorsed Truss.

Some of the Truss supporters may also see Badenoch as a better bet. Expect to see Badenoch overtake Truss in the next round.

If she does then she will probably be our next PM.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:33 - Jul 16 with 1027 viewsTrequartista

Why is this going on so long? A gcse computing student could write a program which inputs each mps votes in order of preference and come up with the winning two candidates in about 10 seconds. Then the party members vote the next day. All wrapped up in 2 days.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:33 - Jul 16 with 1025 viewsBluesky

Dilutes her credibility somewhat.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:35 - Jul 16 with 1019 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:29 - Jul 16 by GlasgowBlue

I can see quite a few of those who voted Braverman going to Badenoch in the next round. Even tough Braverman endorsed Truss.

Some of the Truss supporters may also see Badenoch as a better bet. Expect to see Badenoch overtake Truss in the next round.

If she does then she will probably be our next PM.

Badenoch as PM would be peak banter era Tory. She’s opened up a big lead today in the polls, but I don’t know if they’re worth paying attention to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:37 - Jul 16 with 1016 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:33 - Jul 16 by Bluesky

Dilutes her credibility somewhat.

She's still odds on favourite but slightly starting to drift a bit.

Truss is now out to 5 / 1 and Kemi Badenoch has come in today from almost 30/1 to 12/1

Edit - I also agree with Glasgow inasmuch that as many, if not more or Bravermans votes will go to Kemi.

I'm hoping Tungyhats votes will go to Penny which should get rid of Truss.

Rishi and Truss though might have too much of a machine behind them, I don't know - although I think it's nailed on that both of them and their respective teams will be hiding in the shadows and using all the dirty tricks at their disposal to ensure a Rishi v Truss final.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:55]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:52 - Jul 16 with 988 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:37 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

She's still odds on favourite but slightly starting to drift a bit.

Truss is now out to 5 / 1 and Kemi Badenoch has come in today from almost 30/1 to 12/1

Edit - I also agree with Glasgow inasmuch that as many, if not more or Bravermans votes will go to Kemi.

I'm hoping Tungyhats votes will go to Penny which should get rid of Truss.

Rishi and Truss though might have too much of a machine behind them, I don't know - although I think it's nailed on that both of them and their respective teams will be hiding in the shadows and using all the dirty tricks at their disposal to ensure a Rishi v Truss final.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:55]

Good grief. She's a far right loon.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:57 - Jul 16 with 970 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:52 - Jul 16 by ZXBlue

Good grief. She's a far right loon.

Is she?

Jesus H Christ himself could run and some on here would complain that he didn't produce enough loaves and fishes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:07 - Jul 16 with 949 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 22:57 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

Is she?

Jesus H Christ himself could run and some on here would complain that he didn't produce enough loaves and fishes.

Yes she is.

Absolutely terrifying.

"Of course we have a moral obligation to help refugees but what is important - and more difficult to do - is to look at what works when they come; can they find work? Do they integrate? Do they take on British values?"

What like working for a living and doing more economically than the natives Kemi?
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:16 - Jul 16 with 933 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:07 - Jul 16 by ZXBlue

Yes she is.

Absolutely terrifying.

"Of course we have a moral obligation to help refugees but what is important - and more difficult to do - is to look at what works when they come; can they find work? Do they integrate? Do they take on British values?"

What like working for a living and doing more economically than the natives Kemi?

What is right wing about that?

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:19 - Jul 16 with 929 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:16 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

Thats her first thought on the subject of refugees? Really?

What are "british values" by the way? Keeping refugees out? Destroying healthcare, social care and legal systems? Lying?

Or maybe just religion?

Because I really dont know anymore.

Such a stupid UKIP style position and soundbite.

She wants to reduce international aid, bin the net zero target, and leave the ECHR.

Nutter.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 23:21]
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:19 - Jul 16 with 926 viewsBlueBadger

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:16 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

The subtext of 'people only have worth if they are making money for someone'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:32 - Jul 16 with 882 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:19 - Jul 16 by ZXBlue

Thats her first thought on the subject of refugees? Really?

What are "british values" by the way? Keeping refugees out? Destroying healthcare, social care and legal systems? Lying?

Or maybe just religion?

Because I really dont know anymore.

Such a stupid UKIP style position and soundbite.

She wants to reduce international aid, bin the net zero target, and leave the ECHR.

Nutter.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 23:21]

No it's not at all, you just bend it to how you want to see it.

I would say that British values are many but include treating women with respect and allowing girls an education - and called me old fashioned but I'm not overly keen on things like female circumcision. I would imagine those type of thing are what she was suggesting. People can follow what religion they like, personally I think all religion is nuts but I care less whatever god people want to follow should they wish to do so.

Work - don't you think it's important that refuges can find work? I do.

Finally integration. It's important if we are going to make a success of things then people need to integrate, you like the way ex pats act in Spain do you? I don't, people need to integrate to get on - whether that's people coming here or Brits moving elsewhere.

Gotta say I'm fed up to the back teeth of people putting words into others mouths.

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:37 - Jul 16 with 870 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:32 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

I would say that British values are many but include treating women with respect and allowing girls an education - and called me old fashioned but I'm not overly keen on things like female circumcision. I would imagine those type of thing are what she was suggesting. People can follow what religion they like, personally I think all religion is nuts but I care less whatever god people want to follow should they wish to do so.

Finally integration. It's important if we are going to make a success of things then people need to integrate, you like the way ex pats act in Spain do you? I don't, people need to integrate to get on - whether that's people coming here or Brits moving elsewhere.

Gotta say I'm fed up to the back teeth of people putting words into others mouths.

She is a culture warrior as well.

Refugees do find work if allowed. The ignorance involved her having that as her main or first thought on the subject is staggering.

She wants rid of the net zero target, and to stop people identifying as they wish. Its trump stuff.

I read what she says she stands for and find it genuinely frightening. And I speak as someone who has never voted labour.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 23:47]
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:06 - Jul 17 with 839 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:37 - Jul 16 by ZXBlue

She is a culture warrior as well.

Refugees do find work if allowed. The ignorance involved her having that as her main or first thought on the subject is staggering.

She wants rid of the net zero target, and to stop people identifying as they wish. Its trump stuff.

I read what she says she stands for and find it genuinely frightening. And I speak as someone who has never voted labour.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 23:47]

Refugees need not only find work but find work in jobs that are paying at least minimum wage and not working for £10 a day in a kebab or chicken shop. Many issues are like icebergs, bigger underneath that what you see. Anything else is 6th form politics and it's about time people were prepared to have real grown up conversations.

I didn't know what a culture warrior was so I googled it

"a person who strongly supports one side in a culture war" - Ha ha, PMSL

Nett zero - I'm not 100% sure about her real long term views on this and I don't know her inside out, like many I have only started to notice her since this contest. From what I have heard she has just said that we might need to pause things until we gat the economy back on track, I don't fully know, perhaps her views will become clearer as I just tried to google her views and all I saw were some brief comments and assorted commentators deciding what she meant.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 0:10]

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:11 - Jul 17 with 832 viewsZXBlue

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:06 - Jul 17 by Lord_Lucan

Refugees need not only find work but find work in jobs that are paying at least minimum wage and not working for £10 a day in a kebab or chicken shop. Many issues are like icebergs, bigger underneath that what you see. Anything else is 6th form politics and it's about time people were prepared to have real grown up conversations.

Nett zero - I'm not 100% sure about her real long term views on this and I don't know her inside out, like many I have only started to notice her since this contest. From what I have heard she has just said that we might need to pause things until we gat the economy back on track, I don't fully know, perhaps her views will become clearer as I just tried to google her views and all I saw were some brief comments and assorted commentators deciding what she meant.

I agree that refugees need good work. But that does not appear to be her concern. When talking about whether we should help refugees her first thought is to moan about integration and to do a dog whistle about them not getting jobs and stealing all our benefits.

She frightens me.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:19 - Jul 17 with 814 viewsLord_Lucan

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:11 - Jul 17 by ZXBlue

I agree that refugees need good work. But that does not appear to be her concern. When talking about whether we should help refugees her first thought is to moan about integration and to do a dog whistle about them not getting jobs and stealing all our benefits.

She frightens me.

The quote you wrote from her does not equate to what you suggest here - unless of course you really go out of your way to interpret it like that because you want to, you know, like a person who strongly supports one side in a culture war

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 02:11 - Jul 17 with 763 viewsXYZ

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 00:06 - Jul 17 by Lord_Lucan

Best wishes for a smooth landing.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 02:52 - Jul 17 with 744 viewsHARRY10

Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 23:32 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

I'm never sure which one to fear most. The one peddling the dangerous nonsense of those not bright enough to see through it.

This bigot talks about refugees needing to works yet voted for brexit and is playing to a set of voters who opposed legal migration to the UK, to work. Her comments about supposed 'Britishness' are no more than anti muslim scaremongering.

Holocaust denial is rightly condemned, yet her words on colonialism are not too far from that. She has been condemned for that by umpteen black groups, as well as MPs. I don't think the BNP even went that far.

It is inherently dangerous to want to airbrush the uncomfortable parts of our history. Put it into context yes, but to attempt to deny it suggests something akin to Stalin and people being removed from photos

And again universal condemnation of her elitist views on education.

You know when something is wrong whe, like Brexit, it is condemned by so many different sources - TUC and CBO.

Offering up simplistic tosh as an answer may well appeal to those who operate at that level, but it does not mean the rest of us should not point out the flaws and dangers of that tosh.
Mordaunt. An adovcate of homeopathy apparently. on 07:17 - Jul 17 with 644 viewssolomon

Worryingly whoever wins may go back on our net zero ambitions, the climate change deniers must be rubbing their hands with glee right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024