Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. 10:16 - Jan 27 with 1970 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it was Reuser who recommended it and suggested it was close to Burger and Beyond in quality.

First time I had been to the Beach Street thing and I was mightily impressed with it, they should develop the old market space into similar.

I spotted the bags of mince in the fridge which was an instant plus as they obviously press the patty just prior to cooking. Prices were ok but the wait was a bit long as they weren't under too much pressure.

You could taste the quality of the patty mix straight away but it was severely overcooked, not sure if this was the way they do it or if they left it on too long by mistake. I would suggest asking they cook it medium rare just in case.

7/10 but with better timing it would be up close to 10. Nice to have a decent burger place within driving distance.

https://www.beachstreetfelixstowe.co.uk/traders/patty-macs/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 10:43 - Jan 27 with 1812 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If a burger is made from general mince then it should be cooked through for food hygiene reasons.

If it is made from clean (washed) chunks or joints, freshly ground, then it can be cooked under.

I can go into details, but it might put people off their lunch.
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 1781 viewsBlueschev

Everything down there is really good. Four Three Pizza is immense, and you can even get a pot of the pizza sauce to dip the crust in.
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:02 - Jan 27 with 1735 viewsJakeITFC

Nice, will give it a go (actually made a smash burger at home myself yesterday - did you get anywhere with the B&B mince query?).

The pizzas there are pretty good too.
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 1718 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 10:47 - Jan 27 by Blueschev

Everything down there is really good. Four Three Pizza is immense, and you can even get a pot of the pizza sauce to dip the crust in.

Lady Lucan will probably try a pizza next time but I'm not a pizza fan, I don't see the point of them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 1668 viewsclive_baker

Cheers for that, I'll check it out.

I don't know if Felixstowe has improved or if my tastes have changed but I've found myslef there a fair amount over the last couple of years. I do enjoy visiting the more obvious and more twee coastal spots that our fine country has to offer but they can be a little bit up their own ar5es at times IMO. Felixstowe old bit is lovely, slow and quiet. I often take the dog over there and walk near the golf club, near the Ferry boat inn etc. Occasionally get into some tunes or podcast and find myself as far as the newer town / pier. I'll give that place a look next time in there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:09 - Jan 27 with 1652 viewsKieran_Knows

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 10:47 - Jan 27 by Blueschev

Yes that pizza place is very good. Must pop down there and get another one of those sometime soon!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:14 - Jan 27 with 1624 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:02 - Jan 27 by JakeITFC

Nice, will give it a go (actually made a smash burger at home myself yesterday - did you get anywhere with the B&B mince query?).

The pizzas there are pretty good too.

I know where they get the mince from and I contacted the company but while they were happy to supply low life individuals like us they wouldn't supply B&B mix as it is obviously B&B'S own recipe.

I meant to get back to them and just ask them to supply a similar mix to their own specification and I'm sure I would end up with something similar but I forgot.

I also forgot about that coat i was going to send you a pic of. I'm that busy at the moment the moment I haven't got time for a sh1t. Talking of sh1ts I'm dying for one right now but the bloody cleaners are in so I'll have to wait for another hour or so.

By the way, I went to Unruly Pig on Tuesday for lunch, first time for me and it was very good. I had rabbit ravioli followed by pigeon wellington - and then the 5 cheese board. I think I'm going to make it a monthly thing.

Funnily enough after that we went to Aldi for a shop (which was half the price of our meal!) and Lady Lucan thought you walked by us in the car park but before I could look it was too late. Wasn't you was it?

When I got home I read that The Unruly Pig had been awarded best gastro pub in the country.

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 1556 viewsJakeITFC

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:14 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

I know where they get the mince from and I contacted the company but while they were happy to supply low life individuals like us they wouldn't supply B&B mix as it is obviously B&B'S own recipe.

I meant to get back to them and just ask them to supply a similar mix to their own specification and I'm sure I would end up with something similar but I forgot.

I also forgot about that coat i was going to send you a pic of. I'm that busy at the moment the moment I haven't got time for a sh1t. Talking of sh1ts I'm dying for one right now but the bloody cleaners are in so I'll have to wait for another hour or so.

By the way, I went to Unruly Pig on Tuesday for lunch, first time for me and it was very good. I had rabbit ravioli followed by pigeon wellington - and then the 5 cheese board. I think I'm going to make it a monthly thing.

Funnily enough after that we went to Aldi for a shop (which was half the price of our meal!) and Lady Lucan thought you walked by us in the car park but before I could look it was too late. Wasn't you was it?

When I got home I read that The Unruly Pig had been awarded best gastro pub in the country.

Glad you enjoyed the Pig, felt a sense of pride in their award despite me doing nothing but eating there all the time.

Not me in Aldi I'm afraid, I went to Wimbledon on Tuesday at lunchtime.
Login to get fewer ads

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:25 - Jan 27 with 1531 viewshype313

I had one last year and thought it was decent, agree with you that it was probably a 7.5/10.

In Ipswich I still think Love Thy Burger is the best in Town, obviously Burger and Beyond was the benchmark and a shame that they left, but good for them they have gone onto bigger and better things, and luckily for me, I'm often in London so still get my fix every now and then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:28 - Jan 27 with 1516 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:25 - Jan 27 by hype313

I had one last year and thought it was decent, agree with you that it was probably a 7.5/10.

In Ipswich I still think Love Thy Burger is the best in Town, obviously Burger and Beyond was the benchmark and a shame that they left, but good for them they have gone onto bigger and better things, and luckily for me, I'm often in London so still get my fix every now and then.

I agree Love they Burger is the best in Ipswich but I don't think it reaches the heights of B&B, Honest, Meat Liquor etc

If you are ever in Brum try Original Patty Men, I would say it is close to B&B - if not equal or better - I can't make up my mind.

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:37 - Jan 27 with 1456 viewsMookamoo

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:03 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

Lady Lucan will probably try a pizza next time but I'm not a pizza fan, I don't see the point of them.

Never quite understood pizza. It's just expensive cheese on toast. Any grilled panini tends to fall into the same category for me. Just posh bread and posh cheese.

We go to Hank's Dirty when down that way. They do good seitan ribs.
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:48 - Jan 27 with 1410 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:37 - Jan 27 by Mookamoo

Never quite understood pizza. It's just expensive cheese on toast. Any grilled panini tends to fall into the same category for me. Just posh bread and posh cheese.

We go to Hank's Dirty when down that way. They do good seitan ribs.

Exactly Mooks, it's cheese on toast. This is why I am sceptical of Italians, how can you trust a country who has cheese on toast as their national dish?

Recently though I have manufactured a Lucan pizza which is very tasty and seeing that you eat fish I recommend you try it.

Use pitta bread as your pizza base and paste it with tom puree, then simply add some tinned mackerel in tomato sauce and smother with cheese - topped off with a grating of parmesan. Add dried chili flakes for a boost. Whack into a hot oven and slightly overcook so the pitta bread is crunchy.

I'm glad you posted as you have reminded me that I need to get my arse in gear and send you some stuff. So much to do!!!!!

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:58 - Jan 27 with 1379 viewsMookamoo

Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 11:48 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly Mooks, it's cheese on toast. This is why I am sceptical of Italians, how can you trust a country who has cheese on toast as their national dish?

Recently though I have manufactured a Lucan pizza which is very tasty and seeing that you eat fish I recommend you try it.

Use pitta bread as your pizza base and paste it with tom puree, then simply add some tinned mackerel in tomato sauce and smother with cheese - topped off with a grating of parmesan. Add dried chili flakes for a boost. Whack into a hot oven and slightly overcook so the pitta bread is crunchy.

I'm glad you posted as you have reminded me that I need to get my arse in gear and send you some stuff. So much to do!!!!!

A quick house staple here is Naan pizza where we shove stuff on and bung it in the oven. If you use the garlic and coriander naan they actually taste of something, which pizza base lacks. Plus we avoid mozzarella which also tastes of nothing. Pizza is bobbins.
Burger review - Patty Macs - Beach street container thing, Felixstowe. on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 1086 viewsyesjohn99

Have you tried Best Burger at Stowmarket? Was in the garden of the pub opposite the station but now based inside the Kings Head.

Best burger I’ve ever tasted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024