Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny game 21:59 - Jan 25 with 670 viewsclive_baker

Wimbledon are like watching an u23 side, the sort of fresh faced academy players who are so wet behind the ears and inexperienced in mens football. Think they're better than they are and barely have a b0llock between them. Looks to me like they need a few hairy arsed leaders in there asap. Not dissimilar to us under Lambert at times, and as ineffective going forward too.

Thought we dominated possession and deserved the win on balance, but a lot about tonight I didn't really like. Mitigating circumstances for our disjointed performance, but didn't think we saw the game out very professionally. Not just the red card, but some cheap freekicks and possession. Really was a game where having neither Evans nor Morsy in the middle was obvious, I would worry if we have to go with this side against stronger opposition. Bakinson did OK, but hopefully Evans is back Saturday to either replace or partner him. He looks fairly strong and decent enough on the ball, but not sure he and Carroll really worked as a partnership. Jackson did OK, but he's not in the same league as Bonne, I'm sure he'll be back Saturday. I think Chaplin comes back in too.

Still, it's all about results at this stage. 3 points, clean sheet, 4 wins from 5. Biggie Saturday where a point would be a decent result, ahead of 2 very winnable games after that.

COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Funny game on 22:05 - Jan 25 with 606 viewsEireannach_gorm

Good TEAMS play badly and win. Poor individual performances are covered by others which is the way we appear to be going under Kieran.
Funny game on 22:09 - Jan 25 with 572 viewsLankHenners

Yeah not sure we were that good nor did the 'gamble' of the personnel change really work but what we saw was that Ipswich Town are just a better football team than AFC Wimbledon.

Agree re: not seeing the game out particularly well, for his obvious strengths as a tenacious harrier, one thing Morsy does really well is keep us very calm and take care of the ball. That midfield doesn't really work - think Bakinson would benefit from having a Morsy type next to him as Carroll took up the deeper role and he ended up drifting about somewhat aimlessly but in their defence they can't have had much time to work on that in training.

Tough game on Saturday with no LWB and a potentially iffy central midfield area but McKenna's shown so far he's got a few brain cells to rub together to make subtle changes which protect ourselves and allow our stronger players to get into the game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Funny game on 22:09 - Jan 25 with 573 viewsBarcaBlue

Agreed, the midfield against a better side look there for the taking, bit of a concern til Morsy is back. Bakinson was more than decent first half but along with Carroll, anonymous pretty much for the second.

Wimbledon look like one of those cup u21 sides but without the technical grounding. Maybe a tad unfair as they had players missing but they were poor all over the pitch tonight.
Funny game on 22:13 - Jan 25 with 542 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with that. And with EG too.

We didn’t play well, and Wimbledon looked ropey. But it was our effort off the ball that made them look weak and got us over the line.

Was also noticeable that we scored when we upped the tempo with our passing. Perhaps understandable we weren’t on it with a completely new midfield but raise the tempo more often during a game and we’ll create more.

It’s a great feeling to not be at our best with the ball but still be pretty comfortable winners. Should give the squad a lot of confidence.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024