Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner 02:30 - Oct 24 with 2536 viewsdominiciawful

I thought it was rather excellent.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 02:53 - Oct 24 with 2483 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s a fantastic piece of art and commentary. Quite excellent. Although to be fair to the police, if someone makes a complaint don’t they have to investigate it?

Of course, in a sensible world the complainant would be told to fook off and stop being so pathetic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 06:26 - Oct 24 with 2313 viewsTractorWood

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 02:53 - Oct 24 by Illinoisblue

It’s a fantastic piece of art and commentary. Quite excellent. Although to be fair to the police, if someone makes a complaint don’t they have to investigate it?

Of course, in a sensible world the complainant would be told to fook off and stop being so pathetic.

Something being offensive is subjective. This is not definitively offensive, someone was offended by it. There is a seismic difference.

The police even entertaining investigating this sends such a ridiculous message especially as the met themselves have zero credibility to opine on philosophical matters.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 07:31 - Oct 24 with 2178 viewssolomon

Frankly the joke is on Newcastle United football club.,as each day goes by I hope this awful takeover fails to yield anything but condemnation, and hopefully, relegation from the premier league.
Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 07:53 - Oct 24 with 2092 viewsChurchman

I think it needs investigating as I reckon they’ve missed one or two things.

As it goes, I’d have though the police had better things to do with their time - like a bit of proper policing.
Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 08:10 - Oct 24 with 2028 viewsZx1988

Did anyone see Martin Samuels' article which, essentially, said that if you'll accept American billionaires, but object to the Saudis, you're racist?

That position stinks of having been paid for by MBS, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone has leant on the Met to investigate this as well.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 09:40 - Oct 24 with 1693 viewsbluelagos

The irony being that whatever muppet reported the banner has meant it has now had far more coverage than would otherwise have been the case.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 16:08 - Oct 25 with 1262 viewsbluelagos

Possibly the least surprising outcome from a police investigation ever...

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 1129 viewsWeWereZombies

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 16:08 - Oct 25 by bluelagos

Possibly the least surprising outcome from a police investigation ever...

Does that set a precedent for supporters of whoever else plays Newcastle to be able to borrow that banner or make their own copy and display it without fear of prosecution?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 17:41 - Oct 25 with 1093 viewsbluelagos

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 17:31 - Oct 25 by WeWereZombies

Does that set a precedent for supporters of whoever else plays Newcastle to be able to borrow that banner or make their own copy and display it without fear of prosecution?

Well if their banner is similarly worded, can see no reason why ever not. The idea that the banner was some sort of "hate crime" is ridiculous.

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 19:24 - Oct 25 with 975 viewsistanblue

#ACAB
Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 19:29 - Oct 25 with 969 viewsZXBlue

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 19:24 - Oct 25 by istanblue

#ACAB

I think they have to go through the motions as a complaint will have been made.
Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 19:31 - Oct 25 with 957 viewsbluelagos

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 19:24 - Oct 25 by istanblue

#ACAB

Not sure this is an issue to berate them for. Be far more worried had they decided the banner's makers had committed a crime.

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 20:12 - Oct 25 with 903 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 06:26 - Oct 24 by TractorWood

Something being offensive is subjective. This is not definitively offensive, someone was offended by it. There is a seismic difference.

The police even entertaining investigating this sends such a ridiculous message especially as the met themselves have zero credibility to opine on philosophical matters.

There is a degree of subjectivity but the point is that if a complaint is made it has to be investigated.

I am curious as to the grounds of the complaint and who has made it. My understanding is the use of the Arabic traditional dress to represent the Arabic owners as racial stereotyping. Given the owners sometimes wear that dress, isn't it simply representing them accurately, though?

I would be very surprised and disappointed if there was found to be any basis to the complaint. I would also be please to find out it was made by someone official within the NUFC set up/ownership as it will show this is getting under their skin.

For fear of being rounded on by Iwasthere again for being "left wing" for caring about this issue, I hope all opposition clubs show this or similar banners.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 17:41 - Oct 25 by bluelagos

Well if their banner is similarly worded, can see no reason why ever not. The idea that the banner was some sort of "hate crime" is ridiculous.

Quite. I thought it was rather good. Artistically, it's one of the better banners I've seen. Factual too. There is a degree of hypocrisy involved, but i wouldn't want to live in a society that doesn't care about the human rights abuses and have the right to say so (we're seeing increasing creep on both of those points in the UK over the last few years, and it's pretty horrifying imo).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 20:44 - Oct 25 with 842 viewsFelstow1978

Reassuring to see that the Croydon Gloucester Old Spots are more interested in persecuting Crystal Palace fans exercising their democratic and legal right to peaceful protest than at least pretending to be interested in catching murderers, rapists and other violent criminals. The Spots seem to be more fixated on finding racism hiding under every stone than in actually protecting the public these days.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 20:47 - Oct 25 with 832 viewsSwansea_Blue

Utter joke that the police are investigating the Palace fans' banner on 20:44 - Oct 25 by Felstow1978

Reassuring to see that the Croydon Gloucester Old Spots are more interested in persecuting Crystal Palace fans exercising their democratic and legal right to peaceful protest than at least pretending to be interested in catching murderers, rapists and other violent criminals. The Spots seem to be more fixated on finding racism hiding under every stone than in actually protecting the public these days.

Except they're not. They have to investigate, but they've very quickly announced there's nothing to see here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024