Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bukayo Saka. 17:29 - Jul 12 with 1754 viewsMercian

Forget the for a moment that he is a very promising footballer. This lad is a model of what British youth should be. Hard working, humble, respectful to all around him, be it peer, superior or any other are but a few of his qualities. When Arsenal were knocked out of The Europa League it was him who faced the media and took responsibility, not players ten years older than him but a teenager. If you think he is over-rated, had a poor game, should not have taken the penalty then although I disagree (apart from the penalty) than that is fine. Anyone who abuses him (Or Sancho and Rashford) because they do not fit their perverted image of a "master race" are total scum. I honestly felt worse for him than I did because we lost.
Bukayo Saka. on 17:42 - Jul 12 with 1673 viewsjontysnut

Yes he is an impressive young man - when I was 18 I was still making airfix models not stepping up in major international finals.
Bukayo Saka. on 17:51 - Jul 12 with 1625 viewsChrisd

Hear, hear Mercian!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bukayo Saka. on 18:11 - Jul 12 with 1573 viewsLeoMuff

He has really impressed me this tournament, Don’t think he was at his best last night, but he was a bright light for England overall, and another one who comes across as thoroughly rounded and grounded individual to be proud of.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bukayo Saka. on 18:22 - Jul 12 with 1525 viewsSamWhiteUK

He's a genuinely great, great kid. I'm nearly 27 and still feel when watching football that all the players should somehow be older than me! It's a real wake-up call to keep being reminded that he's only 19. Crazy
Bukayo Saka. on 19:00 - Jul 12 with 1447 viewsdickie

Bukayo Saka. on 18:22 - Jul 12 by SamWhiteUK

He's a genuinely great, great kid. I'm nearly 27 and still feel when watching football that all the players should somehow be older than me! It's a real wake-up call to keep being reminded that he's only 19. Crazy

You wait until players your age start retiring! That came as a shock for me!
Bukayo Saka. on 20:02 - Jul 12 with 1339 viewsDubtractor

Bukayo Saka. on 18:22 - Jul 12 by SamWhiteUK

I'm 45 and only now coming to terms with the fact that players are in fact younger than me.

And I really felt for all 3 that missed the penalties, even Rashford with that stupid run up, as you could see that all 3 were riddled with nerves as they stepped up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bukayo Saka. on 21:59 - Jul 12 with 1217 viewsMercian

Bukayo Saka. on 19:00 - Jul 12 by dickie

You wait until players your age start retiring! That came as a shock for me!

At 31 Jordan Henderson and Kyle Walker who were the oldest members of the squad are just about legally young enough to be my sons. That is scary.
Bukayo Saka. on 06:33 - Jul 13 with 1041 viewssolomon

He’s also a credit to his parents, Nigerian immigrants who have installed Excellent values and a good moral compass in their children, I really hope that sticks in the throat of his abusers as they will never achieve in a lifetime what he’s has done so far.
Login to get fewer ads

Bukayo Saka. on 08:27 - Jul 13 with 897 viewsPique

Bukayo Saka. on 21:59 - Jul 12 by Mercian

At 31 Jordan Henderson and Kyle Walker who were the oldest members of the squad are just about legally young enough to be my sons. That is scary.

For me it’s when you realise you’re watching players that are the sons of players you were watching when you were a teenager (eg Schmeichel, Chiesa). That’s when it gets really weird. A bit like when you’ve been playing Championship Manager for so long that all the original players are gone and everyone is now auto generated.
Bukayo Saka. on 08:34 - Jul 13 with 863 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bukayo Saka. on 08:27 - Jul 13 by Pique

For me it’s when you realise you’re watching players that are the sons of players you were watching when you were a teenager (eg Schmeichel, Chiesa). That’s when it gets really weird. A bit like when you’ve been playing Championship Manager for so long that all the original players are gone and everyone is now auto generated.

Ian Wright's GRANDSON is now a professional footballer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55902050

And elsewhere in that football dynasty, Jermaine Wright's son Drey is an experienced professional, having played over 200 games.
Bukayo Saka. on 08:58 - Jul 13 with 835 viewsPique

Bukayo Saka. on 08:34 - Jul 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

Ian Wright's GRANDSON is now a professional footballer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55902050

And elsewhere in that football dynasty, Jermaine Wright's son Drey is an experienced professional, having played over 200 games.

I saw that! Truly terrifying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024