Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. 17:06 - May 13 with 742 viewsOriginalMarkyP

These are interesting times for our club.

If you went back through my history on this forum (don't, it's not worth it), you'd see historically I'm one of the more less confrontational posters.

I was never in the Mick out camp. I was never in the Lambert out camp. I don't think I was even in the Hurst out camp, certainly not verbally.

I've been content to come on here to support my club, come on here for a laugh...some people are genuinely funny on here, or to join in with the occasional moan or Mark Fish joke when things are going bad.

It's been quite a revelation the amount of vilification and abuse you recieve when you step outside that persona and express an actual opinon that doesn't chime with the zeitgeist.

It's actually made me think less of some people, sadly.

I've never insulted other posters. I've never questioned anyone's alleigance to the club, but by expressing my belief that things are not perhaps being done in the right way, for having the temerity to suggest PC might not in fact be god incarnate and may well be just another flesh and blood manager prone to errors, ego and bad judgement I've taken quite a lot of flack.

But look back and you won't find me getting drawn into the slanging matches that some seem to enjoy.

Fair enough. It's the internet. People like to behave anti-socially on it.

I do however think there are some people on here that take it too far.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:07 - May 13 with 717 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Oh and before you start going on about the avatar, I made it that when it looked like the takeover was falling through and I was hacked off with it.

I've tried to change it several times and the site won't let me. Probably just me being a technophobe.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:09 - May 13 with 680 viewsJ2BLUE

Whether it's genuine or just my reading of your posts but you do come across as quite abrupt and aggressive. Again, that might be my reading of them and I may be wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:09 - May 13 with 671 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd say it's gone annoyingly repetitive rather than ugly. But I can understand that people are nervous about change and uncertainty.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:28 - May 13 with 553 viewsBelsteadCav

Hear hear!! ( waving paper above my head)

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:48 - May 13 with 488 viewsBlueBadger

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 17:09 - May 13 by J2BLUE

Whether it's genuine or just my reading of your posts but you do come across as quite abrupt and aggressive. Again, that might be my reading of them and I may be wrong.

Struggling to make the step up from the News Comments, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It has to be honest got a bit ugly on here. on 18:12 - May 13 with 429 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Good post sir......what I would like to know is, where do some folk get the time to spend so much of their lives on here?
I am retired and have so much going on that this is a site where I dip into now and then; many on here are everyday (some virtually every waking hour) contributors.
These same folk, then attack me for having views different to their own!!
My conclusion is that I learn more about my beloved Ipswich Town, politics, life in general and real folk by being out and about, than I do on any form of social media.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024