Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news for many 13:14 - Mar 22 with 842 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/local-council/comunists-return-to-suffolk-elections-

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good news for many on 13:15 - Mar 22 with 819 viewswkj

Might end up being a refreshing break from fascism.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good news for many on 13:17 - Mar 22 with 806 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Great news - all the other unsuccessful countries were just practicing 'the wrong type of communism'.
Good news for many on 13:23 - Mar 22 with 768 viewsHerbivore

Our freedom won't be won through the ballot box. I hope they're just as busy tooling up for the revolution.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good news for many on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 754 viewsfactual_blue

Good news for many on 13:17 - Mar 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Great news - all the other unsuccessful countries were just practicing 'the wrong type of communism'.

Whereas this country is fast becoming a banana republic by practising a desperately unsuccessful form of capitalism.

Good news for many on 13:29 - Mar 22 with 728 viewsbournemouthblue

Good news for many on 13:23 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Our freedom won't be won through the ballot box. I hope they're just as busy tooling up for the revolution.

'The party was represented on Leiston Town Council for several years - although that was always seen as a personal vote for good local councillors rather than an indication that the town was particularly revolutionary'.

Interesting that Leiston would have Communists when the Nuclear Power Plants are so nearby, I wonder if they were on the MI5 watchlist at any point

The Tory Government were very twitchy about this in the 80's

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good news for many on 13:31 - Mar 22 with 716 viewschicoazul

Looking forward to seeing the means of production in Bury St Edmunds seized.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Good news for many on 13:33 - Mar 22 with 699 viewsHerbivore

Good news for many on 13:31 - Mar 22 by chicoazul

Looking forward to seeing the means of production in Bury St Edmunds seized.

I for one am looking forward to trying Greene King's new red ale.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good news for many on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 681 viewsjaykay

the town i live in, before it was swallowed up by suffolk coastal, use to vote in 3 communists every local election right from the late 40s till 1974. when the town could build their own housing stock it had more council houses per 1000 people than most other towns in suffolk.
p.s. who has spelt communist correct me or the e.a.d.t.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Good news for many on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 693 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Good news for many on 13:26 - Mar 22 by factual_blue

Whereas this country is fast becoming a banana republic by practising a desperately unsuccessful form of capitalism.

Yes our democracy is woeful. And I agree our economic model needs to shift slightly leftward.

However, if you think communism is preferable to our current standard of living, you obviously need to travel more.
Good news for many on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 684 viewsfactual_blue

Good news for many on 13:37 - Mar 22 by jaykay

the town i live in, before it was swallowed up by suffolk coastal, use to vote in 3 communists every local election right from the late 40s till 1974. when the town could build their own housing stock it had more council houses per 1000 people than most other towns in suffolk.
p.s. who has spelt communist correct me or the e.a.d.t.

You.

Good news for many on 13:44 - Mar 22 with 669 viewsfactual_blue

Good news for many on 13:29 - Mar 22 by bournemouthblue

'The party was represented on Leiston Town Council for several years - although that was always seen as a personal vote for good local councillors rather than an indication that the town was particularly revolutionary'.

Interesting that Leiston would have Communists when the Nuclear Power Plants are so nearby, I wonder if they were on the MI5 watchlist at any point

In the 1970s/80s (and before) all CP members were on a watch list.

And until the explosion of university education, MI5 automatically opened a file on every undergraduate.

Good news for many on 14:09 - Mar 22 with 620 viewsWeWereZombies

Good news for many on 13:29 - Mar 22 by bournemouthblue

When Garretts was winding down at the start of the 1970s Leiston, along with Northern Ireland, was for a while the the unemployment table topper in these islands. Hence the local enthusiasm for far left candidates. There are theories that the location of the Sizewell nuclear power station had already been influenced by a ready supply of unquestioning labour in the 1960s:

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1962/jul/23/north-east-coast- (use your 'control+F' on 'Leiston' to find the relevant paragraph)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Good news for many on 16:48 - Mar 22 with 554 viewsjaykay

Good news for many on 14:09 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

When Garretts was winding down at the start of the 1970s Leiston, along with Northern Ireland, was for a while the the unemployment table topper in these islands. Hence the local enthusiasm for far left candidates. There are theories that the location of the Sizewell nuclear power station had already been influenced by a ready supply of unquestioning labour in the 1960s:

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1962/jul/23/north-east-coast- (use your 'control+F' on 'Leiston' to find the relevant paragraph)

i didn't say it in my post, but i was talking about leiston. we use to have several communist councillors.
a.s. neil the founder of summerhill school inspired several people in the town to become communist councillors. a lot of the men of leiston were japanese p.o.w. and were anti tory
due their colonel sucking up to the japs so he got better treatment while a lot of them starved and beaten to death.
mind you when said colonel became tory m.p. for eye he was run out of leiston when he came to canavas

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024