Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) 22:42 - Feb 16 with 1660 viewsHipsterectomy

"We all know that we have to better on Saturday. We can't get away from the fact that things must be better. Oxford are doing well and it'll be a different game to tonight, but we certainly need to improve. The lads know it."

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:44 - Feb 16 with 1595 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's not going anywhere, Evans is behind this madness.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:45 - Feb 16 with 1534 viewstractordownsouth

Didn't Hurst say something similar post-Leeds? Maybe my memory is failing me but I think he did.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:45 - Feb 16 with 1517 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He will go.

It probably won't be soon but he is a dead man walking.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:46 - Feb 16 with 1467 viewsChrisd

Would you walk away from a contract with 4 yrs left to run? I know I wouldn’t. It’s got to come from ME, he’s got to be the one to cut the chord.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 1386 viewsSuperCoops

The club aren't going to put out a heavily negative and downbeat interview.

Like the report on the "fire", it will be twisted to suit.
Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:57 - Feb 16 with 1305 viewsGuthrum

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:46 - Feb 16 by Chrisd

Would you walk away from a contract with 4 yrs left to run? I know I wouldn’t. It’s got to come from ME, he’s got to be the one to cut the chord.

Would you stand there and take all the flak (even that due to others, such as the Owner) from the fans and the press week after week, season after season, with little chance of things getting better? The sheer pointlessness of it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 23:51 - Feb 16 with 1107 viewspointofblue

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:45 - Feb 16 by tractordownsouth

Didn't Hurst say something similar post-Leeds? Maybe my memory is failing me but I think he did.

From the BBC article on the game:
"We're going to need every single player to stick together and be ready for some battles that are ahead.

"All I will do is continue to go about the job and until I hear differently. Realistically if nothing's said, I will get on with it.

"If something's said, we'll deal with that message, whatever it is."

So I guess Hurst was preparing for the sack.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 00:01 - Feb 17 with 1055 viewstractordownsouth

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 23:51 - Feb 16 by pointofblue

"We're going to need every single player to stick together and be ready for some battles that are ahead.

"All I will do is continue to go about the job and until I hear differently. Realistically if nothing's said, I will get on with it.

I just had a look at his 5 minute post-match interview and he spent the last part talking about the Millwall game, but he was sacked before then.

Ultimately I don’t think too much can be read into Lambert’s comments - he’s hardly going to do a Mick and announce he’s off in the middle of an interview.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 07:54 - Feb 17 with 766 viewsChrisd

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 22:57 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Would you stand there and take all the flak (even that due to others, such as the Owner) from the fans and the press week after week, season after season, with little chance of things getting better? The sheer pointlessness of it?

When you’re talking about the money PL is on then you probably would, managers are thick skinned as he has shown, but throw in the fact it’s unlikely that PL will get another job so lucrative he’s trying to get as as much as he can from this situation. So, yes I do understand why he is refusing to resign.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:00 - Feb 17 with 734 viewsKieran_Knows

If he’s not sacked today, I don’t see anything other than him seeing the season out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:04 - Feb 17 with 697 viewsDanTheMan

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:00 - Feb 17 by Kieran_Knows

If he’s not sacked today, I don’t see anything other than him seeing the season out.

There is seemingly only one person who still wants him here, just annoyingly it's the person in charge.

I cannot fathom what is left keeping Lambert here. Relationship with the fans is not salvageable, he's basically slagging off the club now in interviews whilst taking no responsibility for what he's actually in charge of.

He needs to go now and then I think the club, starting with Evans, need to have a proper look at themselves and work out what needs to be done to modernise the club and it's structure so that it's fit for purpose.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:04 - Feb 17 with 693 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 23:51 - Feb 16 by pointofblue

That also sounds very similar to what Lambert was saying to Radio Suffolk last night.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:10 - Feb 17 with 645 viewshype313

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 07:54 - Feb 17 by Chrisd

When you’re talking about the money PL is on then you probably would, managers are thick skinned as he has shown, but throw in the fact it’s unlikely that PL will get another job so lucrative he’s trying to get as as much as he can from this situation. So, yes I do understand why he is refusing to resign.

Indeed, this is his last big pay day, his pension before he hits the studios as a pundit, can't blame him for wanting to stick around for the payday, as much as we would like him to walk, would any of us do it in similar circumstances, I very much doubt so.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:13 - Feb 17 with 618 viewsDanTheMan

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:10 - Feb 17 by hype313

Indeed, this is his last big pay day, his pension before he hits the studios as a pundit, can't blame him for wanting to stick around for the payday, as much as we would like him to walk, would any of us do it in similar circumstances, I very much doubt so.

Honestly, it depends how much money I already had.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:16 - Feb 17 with 590 viewshype313

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:13 - Feb 17 by DanTheMan

Honestly, it depends how much money I already had.

Good point, the difference between Lambert and Mick though is that Mick knew he still had credit in the bank and would get offers post us, I think Lambert realises there won't be many knocking at his door, given his last successful stint was over ten years ago, so is preparing for life after management which won't be anywhere near as lucrative.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:25 - Feb 17 with 523 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like he won't be going soon - from the official website (diff interview) on 08:16 - Feb 17 by hype313

Good point, the difference between Lambert and Mick though is that Mick knew he still had credit in the bank and would get offers post us, I think Lambert realises there won't be many knocking at his door, given his last successful stint was over ten years ago, so is preparing for life after management which won't be anywhere near as lucrative.

Indeed, this will be it.

Mick carefully managed the media so he was seen as the victim at the end, but also was clearly still an astute manager whose time was simply up at the club.

The 'protest' at the training ground does give Lambert a victim card to play and he did a little last night already, but as you say his career since Norwich has been one big downward spiral.

I'm sure he'll resurface somewhere in Scotland to manage, but his days of £500k+ manager deals i'd suggest are gone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024