Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win. Phil still banned. 23:19 - Feb 6 with 2514 viewsSwailsey

Only a few posters (in comparison) seem to be making this point.

I’m not telling people what to feel or how to act.

But I think it’s important to make sure this is at the forefront of everyone’s minds.

The club seem to have gotten away with ignoring 2,000+ signatures and emails, and a patronisingly offensive statement from L’ON.

I would rather Phil be unbanned even if it meant us not winning another game all season - this isn’t the type of club I want Ipswich to be.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 15:49]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:26 - Feb 6 with 1930 viewsunstableblue

Leaves such a bad taste in the mouth - who’s in charge? Who’s continuing to support and implement this ban? Who owns it?

Is Phil banned from the ground? And the press box? Or is it the press conferences?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:26 - Feb 6 with 1924 viewsFixed_It

Agreed the ban should be lifted. But what was the offensively patronising statement from Lee O'Neill about it? I must have missed that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:34 - Feb 6 with 1900 viewsSwailsey

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:26 - Feb 6 by Fixed_It

Agreed the ban should be lifted. But what was the offensively patronising statement from Lee O'Neill about it? I must have missed that.

He falsely claimed we were the only club to let a fanzine in (on a technicality due to his wording), he failed to acknowledge that Phil was an actual, nationally published journalist and dismissed the emails he received as “we all know some things happened over the weekend”.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 23:35]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:39 - Feb 6 with 1863 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you still paying your ST money?

In the summer if people renew it needs to be renewed on the condition Phil is reinstated. Same as people signing up for gold/silver cards or whatever they are now, buying merchandise etc etc.

Let the conditional renewals stack up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 00:07 - Feb 7 with 1807 viewsjeera

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:34 - Feb 6 by Swailsey

He falsely claimed we were the only club to let a fanzine in (on a technicality due to his wording), he failed to acknowledge that Phil was an actual, nationally published journalist and dismissed the emails he received as “we all know some things happened over the weekend”.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 23:35]

Quite. 'Fanzine' was really insulting.

As has been said, they clearly have no idea what the site is about or what it represents.

Over 500 hits in the past 10 minutes alone. Again.

To a club the size of Town a large proportion of the fan base pass through here even if they aren't registered to the site.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 00:08 - Feb 7 with 1806 viewschrismakin

Good win. Phil still banned. on 00:07 - Feb 7 by jeera

Quite. 'Fanzine' was really insulting.

As has been said, they clearly have no idea what the site is about or what it represents.

Over 500 hits in the past 10 minutes alone. Again.

To a club the size of Town a large proportion of the fan base pass through here even if they aren't registered to the site.

It's also clearly a place players/Coaches etc come to have a look at what's been said too, so it's very important

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:15 - Feb 7 with 1575 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Good win. Phil still banned. on 00:08 - Feb 7 by chrismakin

It's also clearly a place players/Coaches etc come to have a look at what's been said too, so it's very important

So if people come on here and launch personal abuse at the manager (think he was called a homeless drunk somewhere) they are not going to lift the ban are they? I’m convinced that this ban is more about this site than Phil. Too many people hide behind their user names and avatars and say stuff that they simply wouldn’t say to somebody’s face. So why is it ok to say it here?

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I think that he should be gone, but some of the stuff said on here is totally OTT

Poll: Our final position

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:23 - Feb 7 with 1554 viewsPhilTWTD

Good win. Phil still banned. on 23:26 - Feb 6 by unstableblue

Leaves such a bad taste in the mouth - who’s in charge? Who’s continuing to support and implement this ban? Who owns it?

Is Phil banned from the ground? And the press box? Or is it the press conferences?

Just press conferences. Instigated by the club at the manager's behest, backed by Marcus, presumably so as not to be seen to be undermining his manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:23 - Feb 7 with 1552 viewsfooters

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:15 - Feb 7 by southnorfolkblue

So if people come on here and launch personal abuse at the manager (think he was called a homeless drunk somewhere) they are not going to lift the ban are they? I’m convinced that this ban is more about this site than Phil. Too many people hide behind their user names and avatars and say stuff that they simply wouldn’t say to somebody’s face. So why is it ok to say it here?

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I think that he should be gone, but some of the stuff said on here is totally OTT

The club hasn't banned TWTD, just Phil. So you're incorrect.

And if you don't like this site, why bother coming here.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 1493 viewsJ2BLUE

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:15 - Feb 7 by southnorfolkblue

The club probably has a file on the users here. Everyone who emailed LON then posted their email on here so they probably have at least 100 of us where they know exactly who we are.

Are we posting anything incorrect though? People may post some mild abuse out of frustration but the owner is deluded and seems to think we're all idiots and the manager is incredibly arrogant and refuses to be held accountable for anything.

Nothing ever changes. We just get the same tired statements written for three year olds full of self delusion from Evans.

I don't post anything here that I would not politely say to them face to face. Evans cannot possibly believe what he comes out with. If he does then he needs a reality check. It would be so much better if Evans was honest with us instead of pretending his 'strategy' is somehow going to pay off. We've been in decline for over a decade. We went from the edge of the play off places to retaining our Championship place by grinding out points with negative tactics and then finally, once people got bored of that, we went over the cliff. Now we're heading for season two of league one failure and all we can expect is more of the same which led us here.

The only question left is how much damage to local media relations will Lambert do before he's sacked?

Truly impaired.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 14:39 - Feb 7 with 1406 viewsSwailsey

As if this had been downvoted.

Maybe find yourselves another site.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 14:56 - Feb 7 with 1351 viewsbluelagos

Good win. Phil still banned. on 14:39 - Feb 7 by Swailsey

As if this had been downvoted.

Maybe find yourselves another site.

Hopefully Lambo gets fired and Phil reinstated at that point. Can't see the club backing down if they haven't already. Am guessing renewals (or lack of) might focus a few minds.

The difficult decision would be if the club did well, fluked promotion, would people still be willing to stay away then? Not sure.

Having said that, am convinced the first scenario is way more likely.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:12 - Feb 7 with 1316 viewsJ2BLUE

Good win. Phil still banned. on 14:56 - Feb 7 by bluelagos

Hopefully Lambo gets fired and Phil reinstated at that point. Can't see the club backing down if they haven't already. Am guessing renewals (or lack of) might focus a few minds.

The difficult decision would be if the club did well, fluked promotion, would people still be willing to stay away then? Not sure.

Having said that, am convinced the first scenario is way more likely.

I would imagine that is the plan. Once Lambert leaves Evans will let Phil back before the new manager is appointed. Is that enough though?

What would happen if Evans said Phil is coming back now? Lambert would walk? Clearly not but even if he did it would be a massive win.

Truly impaired.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:20 - Feb 7 with 1293 viewsMrTown

It honestly is a disgrace. It’s unforgivable.

I would much much prefer Matt Gill to do pressers from now on. Let Phil back in. I couldn’t care less if we never heard another interview from PL.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 1280 viewstextbackup

you'd rather we didn't go up because phil is banned?

whilst its not a good look, I don't support TWTD FC...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:28 - Feb 7 with 1272 viewsbluelagos

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:12 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

I would imagine that is the plan. Once Lambert leaves Evans will let Phil back before the new manager is appointed. Is that enough though?

What would happen if Evans said Phil is coming back now? Lambert would walk? Clearly not but even if he did it would be a massive win.

Is that enough?

As in, if Lambo is sacked, Phil reinstated, is that enough to return to watching?

I would - but that's not to say I am fan of Evans. I just don't see an alternative. If someone was trying to buy him out and there was a genuinely alternative it might be different.

But all the "Evans out" fans (who I sympathise with a lot) fail in one area - their inability to demonstrate a credible alternative ownership of the club.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:32 - Feb 7 with 1260 viewsJ2BLUE

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:28 - Feb 7 by bluelagos

Is that enough?

As in, if Lambo is sacked, Phil reinstated, is that enough to return to watching?

I would - but that's not to say I am fan of Evans. I just don't see an alternative. If someone was trying to buy him out and there was a genuinely alternative it might be different.

But all the "Evans out" fans (who I sympathise with a lot) fail in one area - their inability to demonstrate a credible alternative ownership of the club.

I wasn't suggesting we boycott at that point. Just questioning whether it would put things right. I'd find it quite disgusting if Evans know it's wrong but is relying on an apology because he's scared of Dortmund Paul.

Truly impaired.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:34 - Feb 7 with 1253 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Good win. Phil still banned. on 12:23 - Feb 7 by footers

The club hasn't banned TWTD, just Phil. So you're incorrect.

And if you don't like this site, why bother coming here.

Who said he didn't like the site?
Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:37 - Feb 7 with 1239 viewsstantheman

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:27 - Feb 7 by textbackup

you'd rather we didn't go up because phil is banned?

whilst its not a good look, I don't support TWTD FC...

It's as if that this website is more important than the success of the club (to some people anyway). This is not to say the current regime is doing anything for us to be overly optimistic but to want us to not to win another game this season. Come on.
Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:38 - Feb 7 with 1232 viewsbluelagos

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:32 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

I wasn't suggesting we boycott at that point. Just questioning whether it would put things right. I'd find it quite disgusting if Evans know it's wrong but is relying on an apology because he's scared of Dortmund Paul.

Pure speculation - but it could be that if Evans over ruled Lambo, he could be open to a case of constructive dismissal. Which if it went in favour of Lambo, would cost Evans a fair bit more.

Not saying that is correct - just a possibility / consideration for Evans.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:43 - Feb 7 with 1198 viewsSwailsey

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:37 - Feb 7 by stantheman

It's as if that this website is more important than the success of the club (to some people anyway). This is not to say the current regime is doing anything for us to be overly optimistic but to want us to not to win another game this season. Come on.

The club and the way they carry themselves is as important to me as the results on the pitch.

Sorry.

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:50 - Feb 7 with 1158 viewsPlums

As Lambert is no longer attending press conferences, perhaps there’d be no issue if Phil were to attend now. I think the press who are still in attendance could ask the question...
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 15:51]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:52 - Feb 7 with 1151 viewsPlums

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:37 - Feb 7 by stantheman

For many of us who live away from Suffolk, this website IS our connection with the club and its fans. Having said that, I don’t want us to lose games but I refuse to put any more money ITFC’s way until this ridiculous ban is lifted.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 1144 viewsstantheman

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:43 - Feb 7 by Swailsey

The club and the way they carry themselves is as important to me as the results on the pitch.

Sorry.

I think the way some on here carry themselves is as important as well. It works both ways. I am not happy with the way the club has been run since Mr Evans has been in charge for a number of reasons but it should not be ITFC v TWTD. Surely there is a way to put the petty arguments aside and work together to try and heal the rifts. Some sort of amnesty should be reached by whatever means. It seems to have reached an intolerable stalemate now.
Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:59 - Feb 7 with 1130 viewsbluelagos

Good win. Phil still banned. on 15:55 - Feb 7 by stantheman

I think the way some on here carry themselves is as important as well. It works both ways. I am not happy with the way the club has been run since Mr Evans has been in charge for a number of reasons but it should not be ITFC v TWTD. Surely there is a way to put the petty arguments aside and work together to try and heal the rifts. Some sort of amnesty should be reached by whatever means. It seems to have reached an intolerable stalemate now.

I think everyone agrees with that. No one aside from Lambo seems to be in favour of the current banning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024