Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the plus side 09:18 - Jan 27 with 2061 viewsWallingford_Boy

As always..

McGuinness was a rock! Superb tackles, arial dominance, goal line clearances.

Dozzell controlled the midfield (shame about his tackling!)

Downes looked sharp.

But those full backs!

Also, can someone give Edwards a protein shake?! He's like a puff of wind, barged around like a child!

RIP Sir Bobby

On the plus side on 09:32 - Jan 27 with 1451 viewschrismakin

What game were you watching?

Mcguiness once again went missing for their goal and was taught a lesson in how to use your body by Wyke all throughout the game.

Downes.. I'll give you did a tidy job.

Dozzell.. sorry dont see it. Hes being wasted so badly being asked to play so deep. He needs to either play further forward or be dropped.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

McGuiness reminds me of Tommy Smith.... on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 1422 viewsBloots

On the plus side on 09:32 - Jan 27 by chrismakin

Mcguiness once again went missing for their goal and was taught a lesson in how to use your body by Wyke all throughout the game.

Dozzell.. sorry dont see it. Hes being wasted so badly being asked to play so deep. He needs to either play further forward or be dropped.

....make a lot of last ditch tackles and blocks that are usually required because of his own mistakes.

Only the tackles and blocks get remembered.

Plus he's always got a game changing mistake in him.

Dozzell may well be a decent footballer, but not in this team. He should have been sacrificed last night after the sending off and personally I wouldn't have him in our starting 11.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

On the plus side on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 1420 viewsitfcjoe

McGuinness was probably our worst player, was totally bullied by Charlie Wyke all game.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On the plus side on 09:41 - Jan 27 with 1388 viewsBluefish

On the plus side on 09:38 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

McGuinness was probably our worst player, was totally bullied by Charlie Wyke all game.

Gave away so many free kicks through silly fouls. Many of which in nothing situations near the edge of our box

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

On the plus side on 09:42 - Jan 27 with 1382 viewsHerbivore

He certainly didn't stand out. Thought Woolfie was better on the whole, his passing is different class compared with McGuiness, although both has shaky moments at the back. Ward is pretty hopeless right now, looks every second of his 35 years. Downes did some promising stuff, as did Dozzell, but with nothing in front of them then it's always going to be hard to really shine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the plus side on 09:42 - Jan 27 with 1376 viewsWallingford_Boy

hahahahahahahahaha ok then.

I do wonder if you lot have ever played/coached football and actually understand it!?

Even the commentators were purring over McGuinness.

RIP Sir Bobby

On the plus side on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 1348 viewsWallingford_Boy

On the plus side on 09:32 - Jan 27 by chrismakin

Dozzell can only play where is being asked to, not his fault he is so deep!

Went past players like they weren't there, superb passing, but yes, playing so deep means he is getting invovled in stuff he shouldn't be, thus my point on his tackling.

Seriously, just chill and actually watch the game next time.

RIP Sir Bobby

Joey Deacon, indeed. (n/t) on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 1343 viewsBloots

On the plus side on 09:42 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

I do wonder if you lot have ever played/coached football and actually understand it!?

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Deacon, indeed. (n/t) on 09:45 - Jan 27 with 1324 viewsWallingford_Boy

Joey Deacon, indeed. (n/t) on 09:44 - Jan 27 by Bloots

Exactly!

RIP Sir Bobby

On the plus side on 09:50 - Jan 27 with 1271 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The guy made a couple of last ditch tackles which were good. But he constantly gets drawn out to chase the ball, in the middle of nowhere. He did this several times last night including the one we concede from. He also just gave away foul after foul on Wyke. The one that was by the corner flag, where wyke pulls it past him and then McGuinness scythes him down was criminal. So, so poor.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

On the plus side on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 1253 viewsHighgateBlue

On the TWTD player ratings there's no outfield player from either team with a higher rating from the game.

Just saying.
On the plus side on 09:54 - Jan 27 with 1249 viewsitfcjoe

On the plus side on 09:42 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

He certainly didn't stand out. Thought Woolfie was better on the whole, his passing is different class compared with McGuiness, although both has shaky moments at the back. Ward is pretty hopeless right now, looks every second of his 35 years. Downes did some promising stuff, as did Dozzell, but with nothing in front of them then it's always going to be hard to really shine.

We need a solid player alongside Woolfie - some of his passing, especially in that opening 10 minutes was absolute class.

On the plus side on 09:54 - Jan 27 with 1235 viewsJammyDodgerrr

On the plus side on 09:53 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

On the TWTD player ratings there's no outfield player from either team with a higher rating from the game.

Just saying.

Not really the barometer of success.

On the plus side on 09:55 - Jan 27 with 1231 viewsWallingford_Boy

On the plus side on 09:50 - Jan 27 by JammyDodgerrr

The guy made a couple of last ditch tackles which were good. But he constantly gets drawn out to chase the ball, in the middle of nowhere. He did this several times last night including the one we concede from. He also just gave away foul after foul on Wyke. The one that was by the corner flag, where wyke pulls it past him and then McGuinness scythes him down was criminal. So, so poor.

So why vote him the best player on the pitch?

Just asking....

RIP Sir Bobby

On the plus side on 09:58 - Jan 27 with 1214 viewsJammyDodgerrr

On the plus side on 09:55 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Just asking....

I didn't. Thomas was our best player. And i mean if you are going off that, his rating is already below Holy.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 9:59]

On the plus side on 09:59 - Jan 27 with 1208 viewsChrisd

I’m with you on this Wallingford, McGuiness was fine. Did Wyke dominate our defence? Not really he drew the odd foul, but we weren’t overly troubled. I think it was Andy Hinchcliffe that was commentating last night, a defender of huge top level experience and an England international mentioned him a few times. I just get the impression because he isn’t our player, there is a general reluctance to give him any credit even when he plays solidly.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

On the plus side on 09:59 - Jan 27 with 1204 viewsWallingford_Boy

On the plus side on 09:58 - Jan 27 by JammyDodgerrr

I didn't. Thomas was our best player. And i mean if you are going off that, his rating is already below Holy.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 9:59]

I meant the collective "you".

Oh and Thomas wasn't that good.

RIP Sir Bobby

McGuiness reminds me of Tommy Smith.... on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 1192 viewssouthnorfolkblue

McGuiness reminds me of Tommy Smith.... on 09:38 - Jan 27 by Bloots

....make a lot of last ditch tackles and blocks that are usually required because of his own mistakes.

Only the tackles and blocks get remembered.

Plus he's always got a game changing mistake in him.

Dozzell may well be a decent footballer, but not in this team. He should have been sacrificed last night after the sending off and personally I wouldn't have him in our starting 11.

Dozzell is a bit of a conundrum for me. We all wanted him to have a decent run in the team, which he’s now had. I don’t think he’s contributed much tbh. I think that he would look better with better players around him because his main asset is his ability to pick a pass, which needs movement ahead of him.

I don’t think he’s cut out for us, because we are so far away from being that team. We may be better to cash in on him.

Poll: Our final position

On the plus side on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 1194 viewsHerbivore

On the plus side on 09:54 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

We need a solid player alongside Woolfie - some of his passing, especially in that opening 10 minutes was absolute class.

Our most promising moments early on came from pinpoint passes from the back from him, with both feet as well. Get Chambers alongside him to do the dirty stuff and organise, and let Woolfenden do what he does best. I'm not sure what McGuiness is really offering us.

On the plus side on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 1179 viewsstantheman

On the plus side on 09:55 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Just asking....

Is it because the rest are so cr@p?
On the plus side on 10:01 - Jan 27 with 1177 viewschrismakin

On the plus side on 09:59 - Jan 27 by Chrisd

I’m with you on this Wallingford, McGuiness was fine. Did Wyke dominate our defence? Not really he drew the odd foul, but we weren’t overly troubled. I think it was Andy Hinchcliffe that was commentating last night, a defender of huge top level experience and an England international mentioned him a few times. I just get the impression because he isn’t our player, there is a general reluctance to give him any credit even when he plays solidly.

Yes he was mentioned because he was being taught a lesson. Go back and watch it. They said it more than once.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

On the plus side on 10:03 - Jan 27 with 1159 viewsWallingford_Boy

On the plus side on 09:59 - Jan 27 by Chrisd

Thanks pal.

I mean he isn't Bobby Moore, but he is a very good YOUNG defender that will make mistakes, but will become a very good player in time.. IMO.

But yeah, thought he did well last night in a very tough game.

Not sure how Wyke got MOTM?!

RIP Sir Bobby

McGuiness reminds me of Tommy Smith.... on 10:03 - Jan 27 with 1157 viewsitfcjoe

McGuiness reminds me of Tommy Smith.... on 10:00 - Jan 27 by southnorfolkblue

Dozzell is a bit of a conundrum for me. We all wanted him to have a decent run in the team, which he’s now had. I don’t think he’s contributed much tbh. I think that he would look better with better players around him because his main asset is his ability to pick a pass, which needs movement ahead of him.

I don’t think he’s cut out for us, because we are so far away from being that team. We may be better to cash in on him.

He needs to be playing in a forward thinking team - he is drowning in the setup we have currently when his main duty seems to be to defend

On the plus side on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 1129 viewschicoazul

On the plus side on 10:03 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Thanks pal.

I mean he isn't Bobby Moore, but he is a very good YOUNG defender that will make mistakes, but will become a very good player in time.. IMO.

It’s really good we are preparing arsenals player for them so they can sell him to derby for 1m in the summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On the plus side on 10:08 - Jan 27 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

On the plus side on 10:03 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Thanks pal.

He may well be a decent CB in a couple of years, but how does that benefit us at this moment in time, or indeed in 2 years time?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024