Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's been a while.. 13:27 - Jul 7 with 740 viewshype313

Still makes me laugh

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It's been a while.. on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 667 viewsSteve_M

I saw the WSC link before I clicked on the post, it had to be that one. It remains highly amusing, indeed might even be the only reason anyone remembers Tim Lovejoy in another decade.

On the same subject, Richard Evans' review of our current Prime Minister's pitiful Churchill biography is always worth a read:

https://www.newstatesman.com/books/2014/11/one-man-who-made-history-another-who-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It's been a while.. on 14:24 - Jul 7 with 654 viewsSteve_M

It's been a while.. on 14:12 - Jul 7 by Steve_M

I saw the WSC link before I clicked on the post, it had to be that one. It remains highly amusing, indeed might even be the only reason anyone remembers Tim Lovejoy in another decade.

On the same subject, Richard Evans' review of our current Prime Minister's pitiful Churchill biography is always worth a read:

https://www.newstatesman.com/books/2014/11/one-man-who-made-history-another-who-

I mean, re-reading that who could ever have known how lamentably sh1t Johnson would be as Prime Minister.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It's been a while.. on 14:33 - Jul 7 with 631 viewsclive_baker

Amusingly written, but I've never quite understood why Tim Lovejoy offends people so much. Soccer AM, in hindsight, was pretty average viewing, but it was what it was and at the time I'll admit I used to enjoy watching it nice and early on a Saturday morning as a teenager before playing football. The beauty of having multiple channels on TV is that you can watch any one of the 100's of others if you don't like it. There's so much crap on TV and average, arrogant presenters that I've never quite understood why Soccer AM & Loveloy particularly comes in for so much disdain.

Feels a little odd to have such an unhealthy obsession with the bloke that you would buy and read his book, with the sole predetermined purpose of talking it and him down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's been a while.. on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 569 viewsBlueBadger

It's been a while.. on 14:33 - Jul 7 by clive_baker

Amusingly written, but I've never quite understood why Tim Lovejoy offends people so much. Soccer AM, in hindsight, was pretty average viewing, but it was what it was and at the time I'll admit I used to enjoy watching it nice and early on a Saturday morning as a teenager before playing football. The beauty of having multiple channels on TV is that you can watch any one of the 100's of others if you don't like it. There's so much crap on TV and average, arrogant presenters that I've never quite understood why Soccer AM & Loveloy particularly comes in for so much disdain.

Feels a little odd to have such an unhealthy obsession with the bloke that you would buy and read his book, with the sole predetermined purpose of talking it and him down.

Do you not understand how book reviews for publications work?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's been a while.. on 16:21 - Jul 7 with 539 viewsMullet

It's been a while.. on 14:33 - Jul 7 by clive_baker

I guess it was the way Soccer AM became pretty stale pretty quick and seemed to position itself as the voice of football fans etc. while maybe not being the most evolved of viewing with the "lads lads lads" kind of stuff.

That and Lovejoy does seem to have been full on Partridge at his the height of his powers. It all just sort of passed me by i have to admit. I never really got it or into it so don't really loathe him and the show either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024