Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors might not be possible then 11:56 - Apr 18 with 1104 viewsMullet

This article is particularly pessimistic it seems

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4085774/premier-lea
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 12:10]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:03 - Apr 18 with 1058 viewsHerbivore

Is that the right link?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:09 - Apr 18 with 1035 viewspointofblue

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:03 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Is that the right link?

I’m glad you asked that. That particular link did wind me up though, with Barcelona whining about the transfer market and a Chinese club building a brand new multi-billion pound stadium as clubs go to the wall.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:10 - Apr 18 with 1026 viewsMullet

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:03 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Is that the right link?

How weird, I didn't even read that article either so I dunno how it clicked through to that one.

Should be right now.

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:30 - Apr 18 with 967 viewsHerbivore

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:10 - Apr 18 by Mullet

How weird, I didn't even read that article either so I dunno how it clicked through to that one.

Should be right now.

Yep, working now. I'm not sure the issues are insurmountable. A couple of hundred people sounds like a lot but most will easily be able to respect social distancing. The issue is whether it's safe for playing staff who clearly can't maintain distance during a game of football.

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 959 viewsMullet

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:30 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Yep, working now. I'm not sure the issues are insurmountable. A couple of hundred people sounds like a lot but most will easily be able to respect social distancing. The issue is whether it's safe for playing staff who clearly can't maintain distance during a game of football.

I think it poses a risk of one club/community spreading it rapidly and another taking it back to their area. Do that tens of times over a weekend and it’s another wave in quick succession I guess.

Let alone the actual ability to play the game. Seems impossible it doesn’t just ensure infection amongst those on the pitch.

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 930 viewsHerbivore

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:33 - Apr 18 by Mullet

I think it poses a risk of one club/community spreading it rapidly and another taking it back to their area. Do that tens of times over a weekend and it’s another wave in quick succession I guess.

Let alone the actual ability to play the game. Seems impossible it doesn’t just ensure infection amongst those on the pitch.

The majority of the staff involved are behind the scenes though so with proper precautions and social distancing it should be possible to significantly reduce the possibility of infection. They are also talking about testing of footballers and I'd imagine associated staff which should also reduce the possibility of infection. We'll see how things pan out I guess, but it does seem like most of Europe is tentatively repairing for a return of football sooner rather than later.

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:41 - Apr 18 with 919 viewsMullet

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:38 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

The majority of the staff involved are behind the scenes though so with proper precautions and social distancing it should be possible to significantly reduce the possibility of infection. They are also talking about testing of footballers and I'd imagine associated staff which should also reduce the possibility of infection. We'll see how things pan out I guess, but it does seem like most of Europe is tentatively repairing for a return of football sooner rather than later.

The financial pressure must be huge for all clubs. I guess in stead of water breaks we might see kit men running on to dish out squirts of hand sanitizer?

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 919 viewspointofblue

I wonder... play every game at Wembley behind closed doors with players and staff quarantined nearby.

At weekends run the matches as follows:
10am kick off
12.15pm kick off
2.30pm kick off
4.45pm kick off
7pm kick off

Across week days organise games as follows:
5pm kick off
7.15pm kick off

The Championship could be held at St James Park, for example, League One at Elland Road and League Two at Villa Park. After the season is done all those involved should quarantine themselves for fourteen days. That way all players and staff will stay in one location and will be isolated for the most part from others.

I’m sure there are huge logistical issues with this, including players and staff understandably not wanting to be separated from their families for a long period of time, but it’s just one idea.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:45 - Apr 18 with 902 viewsHerbivore

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:41 - Apr 18 by Mullet

The financial pressure must be huge for all clubs. I guess in stead of water breaks we might see kit men running on to dish out squirts of hand sanitizer?

Or applying the magic face mask.

(No subject) on 12:51 - Apr 18 with 880 viewsElderGrizzly

Its not just the 200+ for match day, but all those required back at the club/training ground.

I can’t see how any games go ahead without 100% testing of those taking part, both off-pitch and on

The Bundesliga came up with average of 240 people per game

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/17/premier-league-return-depends-o
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 12:55]
Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:56 - Apr 18 with 846 viewsWD19

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:10 - Apr 18 by Mullet

Should be right now.

It was nice to see Shaka Hislop though. #TWTD
Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 718 viewsSwansea_Blue

I understand this is all about trying to finish the season so they can get their broadcast revenue, but football's a spectator sport. Without the fans it's largely pointless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 14:50 - Apr 18 with 707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Behind closed doors might not be possible then on 12:42 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

I wonder... play every game at Wembley behind closed doors with players and staff quarantined nearby.

At weekends run the matches as follows:
10am kick off
12.15pm kick off
2.30pm kick off
4.45pm kick off
7pm kick off

Across week days organise games as follows:
5pm kick off
7.15pm kick off

The Championship could be held at St James Park, for example, League One at Elland Road and League Two at Villa Park. After the season is done all those involved should quarantine themselves for fourteen days. That way all players and staff will stay in one location and will be isolated for the most part from others.

I’m sure there are huge logistical issues with this, including players and staff understandably not wanting to be separated from their families for a long period of time, but it’s just one idea.

If you are looking for neutral venues I would imagine they would be in China for the Premier League and that they might well be in front of fans.

Otherwise, I am not sure what you gain from playing at the same venue. If anything, you increasing the chances of contact and spreading any infection. There is no way any pitch would stand up to 5 matches a day two consecutive days and then multiple matches throughout the week as well. It would be bare mud before day two.

If it is not in China, it will be at the venues planned giving the same home advantages to sides apart from the crowd.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024